Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Philly concealed carry permit DISAPPROVED?!

Quote Originally Posted by bigdawgbeav View Post
    Nevada doesn't share reciprocity with PA. AZ and UT do. However, when I applied for AZ and UT I had to include a photocopy of my LTCF. They require you to be licensed somewhere else first.

So Florida is your best bet. Or moving to Bucks, Delaware or Chester counties.
    Arizona does not require that you have a license from your home state in order to get a non-resident permit from them. Not the last time I checked a couple of weeks ago anyway.

(Philadelphia County)

If youdont mind my asking what were the charges you had against you . I would be curious to see what they consider dangerous behavior . And also is you currently have a ltcf issued by a different county and have to renew in philly . They can't really say your character is flawed if you had no previous incidents while carrying for the last 5 years. At least this is what I hope for come renewal time

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by John3790 View Post
    About 5 months ago, I applied to purchase a hunting rifle from Dick's. I got refused and appealed it with the PA state troopers. Few weeks later, i received a denial reversal letter saying i was legally allowed to purchase and transfer a firearm. Then i went to the gun store and purchase my first SW 9mm. Everything went great, Then i applied to get my license to carry concealed permit here in philly, and today i received a disapproved letter. It doesn't say i was disapproved for prior convictions or arrests ( which i have arrests but none were convictions and all were expunged). All is says is that Applicant is an individual whose character and reputation is such that the individual would likely to act in a manner dangerous to public safety. I DONT UNDERSTAND !! Anyone been through this before? I will file an appeal but don't really know what to expect at that court hearing? If anyones been through this, please give me a heads up. Thanks
    They are probably basing their decision on your past arrests even if they arent convictions.

What were those prior "arrests" for if you dont mind me asking? (yes I didnt check the previous post LOL )

I don't really think it matters what the OP was arrested for.
    Philly has a history of denying for one DUI 10 years ago in another state or an arrest that occurred for DC 10 years ago, or unpaid parking tickets, etc. If your name comes up for anything they deny. It's sop to deny unless they can’t find anything to hold against you.

Just sayn’
    FUCK BIDEN

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak View Post
    They are probably basing their decision on your past arrests even if they arent convictions.

What were those prior "arrests" for if you dont mind me asking? (yes I didnt check the previous post LOL )

They were all for school fights back in high school lol ( 7-8 years ago) But all cases withdrawn and expunged. No tickets no dui's nothing else

(Philadelphia County)

well i can tell you this if you were never convicted and were a minor then there was no expungement . I'm assuming you were a minor when the arrests happened so you cant see it in a background check but the ppd and state police can . and since you said it was for fighting then that right there is why they think you may have violent tendencies .

IMHO if you have no convictions then you should get approved . however my opinion doesn't really matter now does it. file the appeal and see where it goes good luck. and be safe.

also its easy to just say "hey move out of philly" and I myself wish it were that simple but in times like today the best thing you can do is push back when philly pushes you around . We currently have at least one member on this forum doing just that

(Delaware County)

The money that would be spent on legal representation and court costs through the court of common pleas and the appelate process, could be used to put a nice down payment on a condo in bucks county. But, as a prior poster noted, make sure that there was no convictions and please don't mistake being placed on probation as a non-conviction. Unless you were placed on ARD, probation is a conviction.

Though, your clearance to purchase a firearm in the recent past would indicate a backround of no convictions.

Quote Originally Posted by c45man View Post
    ... Though, your clearance to purchase a firearm in the recent past would indicate a backround of no convictions.
    At least no felony convictions.

(Philadelphia County)

The florida permit is easy to get, you would have to get their packet it explains everything. go to this link and select them to mail you all the forms.

http://licgweb.doacs.state.fl.us/FOR...equest790.html

You would need to get a law enforcement officer to do the fingerprint card. It is good for 7 years though instead of the 5 years that the PA LTCF is valid.

Virginia is another state that will issue one as well and is good in PA

(Delaware County)

I am awaiting my response from Philly as well. If everything was expunged, I don't understand why the denied you. Although, from what I hear, Philly is tough. However, while I was down there, I could not help from hearing the other interviews since they were two feet away from me...some of them had serious crimes they had committed and their permit revoked and trying to reinstate it. It made me a little nervous.
    I'm trying to protect myself and my daughters and I'll probably get denied (btw I've never been arrested, nothing but a few parking tickets that are paid) and people with multiple violent crimes have been LEGALLY carrying a concealed weapon in Philly. I only think it should be fair and we should LEGALLY be able to carry our own!
    My neighborhood was a great place 13 years ago when I bought my house, now it's a disgrace! Four murders in 1 1/2 weeks within 4 blocks of my home. I'll be damned if I'm gonna go down without a fight.

John....I don't know much but Florida seems the way to go! Philly will let the time expire! You know how the court system works here. Don't let them win. We'll see if they come up with some excuse that I can't carry...my record is clean. I just let the meter run out when I'm getting my nails done sometimes..
    Best of luck bud!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast