Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sig 250

(Delaware County)

Default Sig 250

Anyone have any experience in owning or shooting on a regular basis a Sig 250 compact in the present configuration of 357 Sig with a 40 S&W barrel to be reconfigured if desired?

I will have to hear a whole bunch of negative comments for me not to buy this slightly used weapon with night sights for $200. plus transfer. The gun store where I met this individual was considering an outright buy from the seller. Have a hard time believing that the store staff start whining about the gun having a 357 sig configuration. I suppose the clerk behind the counter didn't understand the concept of the firearm having a 40 barrel as well.

I was ready to buy, but the store stated that the insta-check system was down and was getting late relative to the store's hours.

I have been around a long time and been in many gun stores. I have never seen or been part of anything so strange as to the gun store in question actually turning down the trade for the above reason. I would believe with the Sig name that the model didn't have a bad reputation.

Before any comments of curiosity, the gun's action did function.

Default Re: Sig 250

i had a 9 in compact and it ran flawless through 600-800 rounds of all types of steel and brass cased ammo. traded for a shotty i needed and im more into .40 now

200 with the xtra? GTG imho.
    Last edited by ruggerio; February 15th, 2012 at 10:00 PM.
    To err is human, to be prepared divine

(Berks County)

i have been looking at these sucka's for a couple months now, and people seem to really like them (especially at that price)...

i've seen the full gun and kits go for as low as $300 NIB on gunbroker... for that price, i dont see how people CANT be interested in it... Sig name. Sig build. full sized and compact.

no brainer for me... i'd pick it up if i were you for $200...

and that "gun shop" you speak of has shady written all over it haha

(Delaware County)

Jasper, the gun shop is reputable, a large operation with an indoor range. Perhaps they had too many sigs for sale already, and in this economy, they avoid overstocking. Who knows?

Will be picking up the gun today, thanks for the response.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by c45man View Post
    Jasper, the gun shop is reputable, a large operation with an indoor range. Perhaps they had too many sigs for sale already, and in this economy, they avoid overstocking. Who knows?

Will be picking up the gun today, thanks for the response.
    awesome, let me know how it goes when you get to eventually put some rounds down range... i'd like to actually hear from someone w/ "hands on" the pistol, and not just "what people think based on price and hearsay" ...

im so sick of hearing "that gun cant be good, its not $800+..."

and i wasn't trying to be a doucher' making comments about your local gun shop, just being an internet clown!!

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper QST View Post
    awesome, let me know how it goes when you get to eventually put some rounds down range... i'd like to actually hear from someone w/ "hands on" the pistol, and not just "what people think based on price and hearsay" ...

im so sick of hearing "that gun cant be good, its not $800+..."

and i wasn't trying to be a doucher' making comments about your local gun shop, just being an internet clown!!
    Jasper, I will be shooting on saturday, I will pm range results. The shop is not my local shop, don't care for them personally. When I pm, I will indicate the shop which has been a subject matter on this forum.

I have a P250 Compact in 40 s&w (I have a .357 barrel for it too). I really like the gun. I've never had issues with it and it is my primary carry gun. I also use this gun most often at the range as well.

Everyone who has shot it at the range with me has liked it however if you want a striker fired gun then this long trigger pull is not for you. The trigger on the P250 is like a really smooth revolver trigger.

At that price, take it. If it turns out to be shitty, then you haven't wasted that much money.
    The M1. Smackin' the bastards since 1932.

Since my only experience with the 250 is observing them in high-round count courses, I'll withhold those comments.

However:

Do know that the Sig P250 is the only gun to be excluded by name from some major recent LE agency procurement competitions based on the platforms track record. The FAMS screamed bloody murder and demanded they replace their P250's with 229's. Belgian police had a similarly miserable experience.

That's not hearsay. That's reality.

Not trying to rain on your parade....I wouldn't blink about buying a 2022, which is a low-cost SIG and an unsung gem in their current product line. It's nothing to do with snobbery...it's everything to do with reality.

(Delaware County)

Thank you for everyones' input. I did take delivery of the firearm last evening. The seller was true to his word in that the P250 condition was as claimed, pristine inside and outside with a one time usage of about 25 rounds.

Certainly no rain on my parade for $200. The law enforcement agencies stay away from certain brands and models for a number of reasons, some justified and some simply perceived.

I will not be putting this weapon through any strain or hard use. If this sig does not withstand normal use, it will be sig's problem being that it is guaranteed for life. The original paper work is in the box including the warranty registration. Chances are, considering my advanced years, the gun will out live me.

As stated in my original post, it is a complete mystery to me why this store did not show interest in an outright purchase. They could of turned about 150 to 200 bucks very quickly considering the traffic this store generated as well as their little than higher prices on the rest of their inventory.
    Last edited by c45man; February 16th, 2012 at 09:04 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast