Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    (Dauphin County)

Default Starbucks Counter-Protest

I stopped by the Rt.22 Starbucks in Harrisburg to show my support for the company and opposition to the Anti's poorly planned Valentine’s Day protest. As I walked in they were already discussing how there was supposed to be some protest about their corporate policies, but everything seemed to be business as usual on their end. The place was almost empty, (which is normal for 6AM), I ordered my coffee and commented on the total lack of protesters. they laughed and asked if I was there to protest, I said no, "I'm part of the counter-protest. I'm here to say thank you for standing your ground in favor of the Second Amendment" I paid for my coffee and dropped a $10 and a $2 in the tip jar and walked over to the pick up counter.

The manager walked over to the side and admitted that he really didn't know much about PA gun laws, just that their company policy is to follow the local/state law, no more no less. I gave a quick explanation about his rights as a PA citizen and handed him one of the 'Your Pennsylvania Gun Rights' fliers. He flipped through it while one of the girls put together my order.

When my coffees were ready he thanked me, said he was going to study the flier and research the law, I wished him a good day and again thanked him and his company for their support and left for work.

The manager was very friendly, and very open to accept our legal right to carry. I was very impressed and I will be giving them more of my business from here on out.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Starbucks Counter-Protest

+rep for having the flier.
    The 2A does not GIVE us the right. It tells the gov they can not INFRINGE our right.

(Tioga County)

Good story. Nice way to educate the manager.
    MikeP

(Delaware County)

Excellent. I do believe I will be feeling well enough to hit up my local Starbucks - there will probably not be anyone protesting it since it's a small local joint, but still, the thought is the same.

(Bucks County)

Rep, as well, to the OP for having the flyer......great job.
    "Stupid people are ruining America." --Herman Cain

Please understand - there is no protest. You will not encounter any anti's in your trips to Starbucks today. What there is, is a call to boycott Starbucks and their products from today going forward (supposedly until they cave-in to the economic pressure). Kudos to you (rep given) for participating and I hope that you will continue to support your local Starbucks.

Adios,

Pizza Bob
    NRA Benefactor Member

(Mercer County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pizza Bob View Post
    Please understand - there is no protest. You will not encounter any anti's in your trips to Starbucks today. What there is, is a call to boycott Starbucks and their products from today going forward (supposedly until they cave-in to the economic pressure). Kudos to you (rep given) for participating and I hope that you will continue to support your local Starbucks.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

We don't care if there is a boycott or not, the old lady & myself will be leaving the home in about 30 minutes to make the pilgrimage to our nearest Starbucks to show our support for their business policies and our loathing of the "Brady Bunch" and their stupidity.

Even though we don't the Starbucks Coffee or the yuppie environment of the place we do support their politics.
    The oracle is in. Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!!

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pizza Bob View Post

Adios,

Pizza Bob
    Lol, good luck with that. The bleeding hearts would die without their non-fat, no whip, sugar free, venti caramel frappaccino's.

(Northampton County)

I will be stopping at a Starbucks later today to show my support (I already support them heavily haha).

One of the things that I was thinking about was that there should be a little card or something showing them that gun owners appreciate their stance and not caving to pussy pressure...so that at the end of the day they are not just looking at the decrease in anti-customers, but also the number of customers (as counted by the # of cards/etc.) that appreciate their stance of following the law. Just a thought...
    And don't think you're off the hook, voters, you're the ones who made this bed. Now you're the ones who are going to have to move over so a gay couple can sleep in it. Tomorrow you're all going to wake up in a brave new world, a world where the Constitution gets trampled by an army of terrorist clones, created in a stem-cell research lab run by homosexual doctors who sterilize their instruments over burning American flags. -- Stephen Colbert

(Dauphin County)

For anyone making the trip who likes a very strong coffee without all the frilly stuff, I recommend the Red Eye with an extra shot. I don't think it is on their menu anymore, but they will still make it if you ask. (it is a cup of coffee with 2 shots of espresso mixed in.)

If this is an ongoing boycott, I guess I will just have to add a Tuesday trip to Starbucks to my routine.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast