Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Competition

(Berks County)

Default Competition

Hell yall,
    I just moved to berks county recently. Im looking to start some competition shooting. Just wondering if anyone can point me to some local shoots. Ive been trying to find some but Im not having much luck. Thanks

Default Re: Competition

check out Topton (t.a.p.s) and oley fish and game has a 2 gun fun shoot.
    COPS CARRY GUNS TO PROTECT THEMSELVES ...NOT YOU!!

(Berks County)

What type of shooting are you looking for?

As mentioned by M&PEE, Topton holds matches for both USPSA Pistol (Although pistol only matches are less frequent) and 3 Gun. If you are willing to leave Berks county, York IWLA holds regular matches (USPSA Starts next month). Lower Providence Rod and Gun Club does both USPSA and IDPA (Starting the first week of May I believe), and South Chester does USPSA (I haven't shot here yet but they start next month).

York - USPSA
    Lower Providence- UPSA
    New Holland - IDPA
    Hieldeberg - 3gun
    Manhiem - Tactical Pistol
    Topton- Multi Gun

Above are ones I try to make every month. Like others have said , what sort of shooting are you looking to do ? You can check out www.uspsa.com and http://www.idpa.com/ for more info.
    Tantric Shooting Team

(Berks County)

I dont have the equipment for 3 gun yet. I was looking at getting into handgun shooting mainly but eventually I want to do 3 gun. I did find some IDPA shoots Im gonna try an go to.

Quote Originally Posted by cavscout09 View Post
    I dont have the equipment for 3 gun yet. I was looking at getting into handgun shooting mainly but eventually I want to do 3 gun. I did find some IDPA shoots Im gonna try an go to.
    I have only shot 1 idpa match it was fun and I bet real good for a new shooter. I enjoy USPSA a lot more. The best way i could describe it would be to compare Nascar to Forumula 1 with IDPA being Nascar. Good luck with whatever you do and if you have any question hit me up. Plus you will learn you think the gun community is friendly wait to you get to a match. Almost everyone will be more than willing to help you out.
    Tantric Shooting Team

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pagoda240 View Post
    Plus you will learn you think the gun community is friendly wait to you get to a match. Almost everyone will be more than willing to help you out.
    My first match was a little rough, I just showed up ready to shoot with what I had. Before I even shot the first stage, someone in my squad noticed I showed up to the match with only a magazine pouch to carry 2 magazines. He went through his equipment and found a spare double mag pouch that would work for my M&P (He was shooting a CZ in Limited 10, I believe).

The rest of the match I got plenty of pointers (no one was pushy about offering advice) and I would up having a great time. My second match was about 2 months later, at a different club, and I had a similar experience with shooters offering tips and advice (I picked up a second double mag pouch prior to my second match).

The Pa Steel League hold steel shoots at least once a month. The rules are just one page, and you only need a pistol of .22 or larger and preferablly 5 magazine. You can also shoot rimfire rifle. Matches have been held at Guthsville, Topton, Lower Providence, and Ontelaunee.

New Holland has IDPA monthly, including this Sunday the 4th of March.

They also have a monthly carbine and precision rifle program. Registration links are posted (usually here) in the shoots and range trips forum as well as on ar15.com in the hometown/Pennsylvania forums. Pistol is included a few times a year.

www.nhrpc.org

I run the 2 gun fun shoots at Oley Valley Fish and Game: there is no info on the oley website for these, but it is posted in the shoots and range trips forum here on pafoa and on ar15.com.

Every month the Course of Fire is a little different, but we do both pistol and rifle/carbine. They are in similar style to 3 gun and idpa and uspsa, but less strict on the "procedural" rules. Doesn't mean they are easy though. PM me if you want more info.

Lower Providence just changed the USPSA match to Sunday too if you are interested.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast