Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Ruger Zombie Edition

I know I've seen some people on here talking about the Zombie Max ammo by hornady, but I went to the Bass Pro Shop last night and saw something else I found interesting, especially since they aren't willing to stock that ammo in store:

http://www.ombexpress.com/p-12546-ru...80-pistol.aspx

And here you can order it with the Zombie Survival Guide together...
    http://www.impactguns.com/ruger-lcp-...x?affId=105842

Anyone heard of this before? What are opinions? I know the Zombie ammo was kind of out there but this is funny in my opinion; I thought it was a joke when I saw it in Bass Pro Shop.

EDIT: There is nothing different about this from the regular LCP other than the lettering LOL.
    Last edited by GeneralWashington; February 12th, 2012 at 08:24 PM.

(Lycoming County)

Default Re: Ruger Zombie Edition

What are opinions?
    I wouldn't be interested, but I think it's good that they are attracting a younger crowd as long as they are responsible and don't have that 'video game' mentality goin on..

My LCP would be the last gun I would fight Zombies off with.

Looks like a cheap way to make a quick buck from "collectors". Just put some green lettering on a plain old LCP..........took a real genius to come up with that one.

Quote Originally Posted by dkf View Post
    My LCP would be the last gun I would fight Zombies off with.

Looks like a cheap way to make a quick buck from "collectors". Just put some green lettering on a plain old LCP..........took a real genius to come up with that one.
    Those was kind of my thoughts on it as well. I asked the guy if anything was different and he looks at me for a minute and then says "the lettering on it."

<_<

At least Hornady was a bit more creative. People were talking about them just trying to take advantage of the Zombie popularity going on now, I don't know that that even compares.

Quote Originally Posted by kbcobra26 View Post
    I wouldn't be interested, but I think it's good that they are attracting a younger crowd as long as they are responsible and don't have that 'video game' mentality goin on..
    Younger, like the 6-year-old they got to do the lettering? Sorry, no offense intended to 6-year-olds... most could do better.

I agree that the Hornady Zombie Max concept, along with the totally deadpan marketing campaign, was at least creative. This LCP is just a cynical, late attempt at cashing in on a trend. And as dkf said, it's decidedly not a zombie gun. Only headshots count, so you definitely want better sighting and more capacity.

(Lancaster County)

A red dot scoped, suppressed, Mark-III - In bright green - now THAT would be a zombie gun! Or better yet a suppressed FN 5-7 or Kel-tec PMC-30 in zombie green... mmmm ... brains...

;-)

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by renalp View Post
    Younger, like the 6-year-old they got to do the lettering? Sorry, no offense intended to 6-year-olds... most could do better..
    Yeah, they probably would have to be younger than 6 to like this design/sticker.

I'm sure there were alot of face palms goin' on at the first sight of this thing..

(Cumberland County)

I don't think I could post to many. This shit's getting old. Why the fuck would somebody want a .380 as an "offensive" weapon anyway?

I saw this in the case of my local shop the other day sitting right next to its non zombie brother.

The zombie lettering only costs about $60 more than the non zombie version.

In my world, if I am spending $60 more for something it sure as shit better do something $60 better than the other one. And better does not = shitty paint

(Allegheny County)

Yeah, 6+1 .380 in a zombie attack. Perfect for when all my other guns are dry and I have to shoot myself.

So effing dumb its not even funny.

Atleast the hornady is still good ammo. All they change is the color of the polymer tip. Underneath is still an accurate round with a proven bullet.

Anyone with a stencil and some paint can do that for free.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast