Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Bucks County)

Default AR-15's in my area. Are any of these good deals?

So today I was looking at AR's and what I found around my area are these

Stag Model 2 NEW for $850
    RRA Entry NEW for $899
    Colt HBAR 20" used for $925

I don't know a whole lot obout AR15's and instead of having questions I would like to know what you guys think of these choices/prices. And if you say for this price you could build one. Well what is a good upper and lower to purchase...... I usuall like to buy pistols when I come across good deal but now really sure what is good in the AR arena. I was looking for under $900.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: AR-15's in my area. Are any of these good deals?

Quote Originally Posted by paulpa21 View Post

RRA Entry NEW for $899

I don't know a whole lot obout AR15's and instead of having questions I would like to know what you guys think of these choices/prices. And if you say for this price you could build one. Well what is a good upper and lower to purchase...... I usuall like to buy pistols when I come across good deal but now really sure what is good in the AR arena. I was looking for under $900.
    What are your plans for the AR? shooting paper, home defense, shtf, carbine course?

You'll get a group of posters like me who will recommend top tier brands known for quality. Then you'll get another group who will tell you that the first group are gun snobs and their cheaper AR is just as good, blah, blah.
    So it really depends on what is important to you. At the price range you indicated, I just pay $950 and get a new Colt 6920. Then you don't have to worry about it because you own the gold standard for AR's.

(Bucks County)

all the guns you have listed are good guns and will do fine for home defense or shooting paper or cans. there are differences between brands when it comes to top tier and mid-tier Ar15's but the differences will not be apparent to the guy that just wants a AR for target shooting or home defense. now if you plan on flying to afghanistan and waging war against the taliban you'll probably want the colt but if you're planning on shooting paper the brands you mentioned will do fine and you can use the 200-300 you save to buy ammo or accessories.

if you can find a colt 6920 for 950 i'd buy it but the cheapest i've seen 6920's go for that are actually in stock is 1050-1150. if the colt hbar is a preban with all the evil features i'd probably go for that one if it was in mint condition and the seller would take a bit less for it. don't buy into the BS that every AR15 except colt is a POS, if that was the case stag, rock river and the two dozen other AR15 manufacturers would have went out of buisness a long time ago.

(Philadelphia County)

seems a bit expensive for the stag, i payed about that much but i bought some pmags and a bunch of ammo with it

(Bucks County)

Thanks you guys
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by paulpa21 View Post

RRA Entry NEW for $899

456 - Of the AR 15 in your area I don't know about the RRA Entry, but the Stag and Colt are top tier rifles going by the list. I paid $750 for a Bushmaster another $100 and some change I could have a top tier rifle don't make the same mistake. The good thing about the AR-15 is that with a couple parts changes and I could build my rifle into the same durability and relibility. With the AR its pay me now or pay me later. And it really ain't that much buying it now.

(Beaver County)

i just picked up a sig 516 for $1490 out the door today
    "CHANCE FAVORS THE PREPARED MIND"