Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Default Allegheny Sport, Travel and Outdoor Show in Monroeville, PA, Feb 15-19

Allegheny Sport, Travel and Outdoor Show in Monroeville, PA at the convention center. February 15th - 19th. Wednesday and Thursday 3 to 9, Friday noon to 9, Saturday 10 to 9, and Sunday 10 to 6.

Default Re: Allegheny Sport, Travel and Outdoor Show in Monroeville, PA, Feb 15-19

I may have to dig up an old post.......
    Jules

Default Re: Allegheny Sport, Travel and Outdoor Show in Monroeville, PA, Feb 15-19

This is copied and pasted from my reply to a similar thread back on January 23, 2009.

Oh how I love the "Sportsman Show" as I like to call it. Where do I even start? How about with the free Post Gazette that gets shoved into your face after walking in to the smell of the "trout pond". The bass demo tank is also a favorite of mine. I will also break down and buy a bag of turkey jerky before heading upstairs for the main event. I can hear the turkey calls and crow calls now. I can even smell a tint of piss wafting out from the disgusting bathroom by the top of the steps. I head right for the guy selling "Bobbers for a Dollar" in hopes that I will win a .25cent fishing lure that I will never use. I might even stop at a table and look at someone's gear that they are selling...wait, they don't really have any good deals there anymore. I will buy my bag of candied nuts at the back and then head on over to the other side for a look see at the Rattlesnake Roundup. A stop at the Copenhagen tent is in order. Like they actually need the half naked girls in there to get me in the tent?????? Then it is off to the guy that sells the knife sharpeners. I calmly will ask, "Does that work on serrated blades too"? The guy will wisp my Spyderco from my hand it work it for all he is worth, then cut a sheet of newspaper with it. I don't think he has figured out that he has sharpened that knife at least ten times. Then it is off to the "As seen on TV" stand. I am hoping that it will be the Sham WOW guy this year. Seeing someone cut through a hammer and then "fillet" a tomato gets old after a while. Then, for the grand finally, get some Shore Lunch catfish balls then head for the door, stopping to pee at the stinky bathroom. I will no doubt have had fifteen babies wearing full camo run into the back of my legs in their strollers by this point in time. No doubt time to leave. All of this aside, I will no doubt be there in full force this year to collect my bag of flyers that I will use as bathroom reading material for a few days. Eventually, my wife will ask, "Can I throw this away"? I just have to tell her, "No, I swear to God, I am going out west this coming fall and need to call some of those outfitters". Oh well, the free snuff is worth the price of admission, and the people watching is even better. See you all there, I will be the tall guy with a bag of chew and bloody ankles.
    Jules