12-6 sat

(Cumberland County)

Default Re: Staudts Gun Shop, Harrisburg Pa

Thanks for the info.
    But It Cheap!
    Stack It Deep!

(Dauphin County)

Stopped by today. Several customers, making some sales. An employee came to me to ask if I needed help. We spoke for awhile, he seemed knowledgeable.

Small shop, reasonable number of guns in-house. Local transfers $30, about what everyone else charges. FFL to FFL transfers $50, significantly more than others, perhaps to encourage people to buy from him.

I looked at a S&W 442, priced at $429. I didn't try to haggle because I wasn't buying today, but they are $30-$50 cheaper elsewhere. Maybe he would discount it...
    -gonzo, SoCenPA. "Before all else, be armed." --Niccolo Machiavelli
    http://forum.pafoa.org/feedback-109/...nzogeezer.html

(Dauphin County)

I stopped in again Saturday to get a pocket hoster for my new 642, none in stock. They ordered it, came in Tuesday, discount off retail. Also bought a nearly new very nice soft rifle case for a nice discount off new.

Not bad.
    -gonzo, SoCenPA. "Before all else, be armed." --Niccolo Machiavelli
    http://forum.pafoa.org/feedback-109/...nzogeezer.html

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by GonzoGeezer View Post
    Stopped by today. Several customers, making some sales. An employee came to me to ask if I needed help. We spoke for awhile, he seemed knowledgeable.

Small shop, reasonable number of guns in-house. Local transfers $30, about what everyone else charges. FFL to FFL transfers $50, significantly more than others, perhaps to encourage people to buy from him.

I looked at a S&W 442, priced at $429. I didn't try to haggle because I wasn't buying today, but they are $30-$50 cheaper elsewhere. Maybe he would discount it...
    I've stopped in a few times recently. Used gun prices seem pretty good, and there is usually wiggle room on used guns. New guns seemed reasonable/bordering high with some exceptions being insultingly high. I saw a Remington 870 priced for $125 more than I had paid for the exact model a month earlier.

(Lancaster County)

I stopped here the other week for the first time. Nice selection of used guns. Joe is a real nice guy too. Will be frequenting this shop for sure.
    "When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.-Thomas Jefferson

(Cumberland County)

Bump up to say that I'm no longer impressed. Stopped in a few times over the last month or two. Gun prices are UGLY, new and used. Like Gander Mt ugly. I looked over a used plain Jane Mossberg Persuader and they wanted $100 over retail. This is a used gun!

I also inquired about their Duracoating services. $180 for handguns and $250 and up for long guns. I said "$180 to do the slide of an LCP?" Yep. Eff that.

Quote Originally Posted by rwb1500 View Post
    Bump up to say that I'm no longer impressed. Stopped in a few times over the last month or two. Gun prices are UGLY, new and used. Like Gander Mt ugly. I looked over a used plain Jane Mossberg Persuader and they wanted $100 over retail. This is a used gun!

I also inquired about their Duracoating services. $180 for handguns and $250 and up for long guns. I said "$180 to do the slide of an LCP?" Yep. Eff that.
    I've been in a few times over the past two weeks. Rwb is correct the prices are ugly. Gander Mtn has the same prices if not better. IE Lcp

The $180 duracoat price was for one color I asked about my shotgun and it was $295 which would be the same for two colors on a handgun. The only good thing is they are a level 3 dealer

(Cumberland County)

Ouch! Those prices are a little high.
    But It Cheap!
    Stack It Deep!

(Dauphin County)

We try to be competitive on the prices in our shop. There is always wiggle room in our prices, and I have to look into the Mossberg that was mentioned and what we paid from our distributors for the Ruger LCP's.

Is the Mossberg that was mentioned the one sitting on top of the rifle/shotgun rack with only a pistol grip, or the one chambered in 410 with the forward pistol grip? I would like to clear that issue up ASAP.

Please take into account not every firearm in the store is ours; some are on consignment. The consignment firearms will have a "C" in the top number on the tag, and tend to say consignment on the tag. We can always call the customer who owns it for you and see if they are willing to take less. We do not set the prices on the consignment firearms though the customer who owns it does.

For the Duracoat pricing issue, it seems the pricing got lost in translation along the way on our part. Our duracoat pricing is as follows:

Long Guns:
    Bolt - 245.00 (one color), 300.00 (two color), 375.00 (camo)
    Pump/Semi - 295.00 (one), 350.00 (two), 425.00 (camo)
    O/U - 200.00 (one), 250.00 (two), 325.00 (camo)

Hand Guns:
    Revolver - 225.00 (one), 275.00 (two), 350.00 (camo)
    Auto - 250.00 (one), 300.00 (two), 395.00 (camo)
    Auto Slide - 80.00 (one), 110.00 (two), 140.00 (camo)
    Auto Frame - 180.00 (one), 220.00 (two), 280.00 (camo)

The prices listed for Duracoat include the disassembly and reassembly of the firearm. Anything steel will be parkerized, and anything aluminum is bead blasted (if it is anodized that needs stripped off). Once all the prep work is done a primer coat is sprayed then baked on, then the color is sprayed and baked on, and finally the clear coat is sprayed and baked on. It's not the cost of the Duracoat itself that is expensive, but rather the time involved to do it all.

Please email us with any questions at joe@staudtsgunshop.com, thank you all for your support.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast