Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Bucks County)

Default Holster Suggestion?

I'm looking for suggestions on holsters worth looking at. (Yes, I've read the SERPA thread lol). Here's my situation:

New to pistols, have my LTCF (Doylestown was great), and took first lesson. Am now regularly going to the range, renting pistols, and practicing what I was taught before going back for more lessons. I'm in the learning/research phase, and am enjoying the hell out of it. In the process I've taken quite a liking to the Ruger SR9. But since I am in South Carolina for a month I have that time to go before settling on a first pistol purchase. For now, let's assume it will be the SR9.

I do not intend to routinely carry this particular pistol. However, I can foresee circumstances where having it holstered (open or lightly concealed) would be the best option, eg, walking my property. The holster will be a low-usage, non-ego item, but having said that the budget is there to get the "right" holster.

Can you help with some suggestions and reasons? Thanks!

(Bedford County)

Default Re: Holster Suggestion?

have you checked out safariland? I have one for my 1911 and I love. I also have a bianci for my .22 and it's very comfortable as well. those are just two of the many options.

(Bucks County)

Thanks for giving me a starting point. After scouring the Safariland site, it occurred to me to go back to the Ruger site (duh!) for more recommendations. I've got enough to get me started now.

(Cambria County)

Just a suggestion to add. Before you commit to that SR9. Consider the SR9C. It will give you all the same features you like in the SR9, but with the added ability to conceal better when you need to do that.

SR9C converts to a full size SR9 (with the mag extension) and serves as a smaller carry piece too.

SafariLand does not make a holster for that gun as far as I know.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mK2JYfZAmA When will America become America?

The Mitch Rosen holster they have at shopruger.com looks pretty nice.
    I haven't seen it in person but I know Mitch Rosen stuff is well thought of.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by CenterTree View Post
    Just a suggestion to add. Before you commit to that SR9. Consider the SR9C. It will give you all the same features you like in the SR9, but with the added ability to conceal better when you need to do that.

SR9C converts to a full size SR9 (with the mag extension) and serves as a smaller carry piece too.

SafariLand does not make a holster for that gun as far as I know.
    Thanks for the suggestion on the SR9c, I'll be looking at it.

The range here in SC rented me a Glock 17 and a Ruger SR9. I ran 50 rounds through each. The Ruger immediately felt like part of my hand. The Glock . . . well, it did not. Given that, target results were as you might expect, ie, better for me with the Ruger.

I'd also like to try the S&W M&P9 since in dry-fire it felt as good as the Ruger. Then the "C" versions of it and the Ruger before making a choice between the 4.

At the end of the day I thought I'd be using a subcompact as my cc, so I really wasn't worried about size for this purchase. But we shall see lol.

(Monroe County)

Go to www.copquest.com go to the front page and see the top holster makers and click on one at a time and explore , Safariland, Aker and Bianchi are having a lot of closeout sales there, i see nice $90 Bianchis going for $43, etc. Check it out before you spend a lot more