Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Gander Mtn,

(Perry County)

Default Gander Mtn,

i was in the Gander Mtn In Harrisburg last week and was shocked to see how little they had for reloading. I seriously think they may be getting out of this market. Also, I asked the "worker' who I suspect flunked the test to be a wal-mart greeter, where the bullets were. He showed me the ammunition, and when I pointed out I wanted just the little coppery things that get shot out the end of the rifle, he looked confused. Luckily I was able to find them on my own, I seriously believe I own more bullets than they had. Powder and primers were also in very short supply.

I wouldn't go there but there is a good Indian Restaurant in the area and I get hungry for Ammo and components after eating curry.

(Lycoming County)

Default Re: Gander Mtn,

Mine backed off on reloading supplies too..

Meh.. I don't care. I dislike shopping there anyway its a retail store.
    I think they take retail prices and mark them up 20%.

Seriously though, I was there a couple months ago and the 3rd gen Glocks were 600 bucks.. I thought to myself, maybe when my shit turns purple and smells like Rainbow Sherbert...

(Northampton County)

They are pretty pricey and crappy for anything firearms related. I did talk to a woman working there once that seemed pretty knowledgable, but that didn't change their stock or prices.

(York County)

Friend of mine is a GM at a Gander Mtn in PA, when I asked him, he sighed deeply and said "corporate has decided we're getting out of reloading"

(Dauphin County)

$30 for a pound of powder turned me off of this place for reloading.

(Allegheny County)

From one of my very good GM friends who works there told me that their are moving all their reloading stuff to online sales only, and are clearancing all their remaining stocks in store. Saw some killer deals too, too bad I dont reload .
    Dont Forget To Give Me Some Good Rep! Thanks!

(Northumberland County)

I refuse to shop at Gander Mtn. after some bad experiences purchasing firearms in the store, and some really bad customer service!

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sikth View Post
    I refuse to shop at Gander Mtn. after some bad experiences purchasing firearms in the store, and some really bad customer service!
    Yeah, me too.. They make you fill out and sign extra paperwork for 'their' records and then, after the purchase is complete, an employee has to walk you out of the store carrying your firearm/ long gun.

uhmm.. no thanks. I'll support my local gun shops until they become a huge chain and start making bullshit 'rules and regulations'
    Last edited by kbcobra26; February 13th, 2012 at 11:44 PM.

(Northumberland County)

They had some stuff listed on their own website for substantially less money and when I went to pick it up in the store, they said it was an online only special even though there was nothing declaring it as such on their website. I tried to get a hold of some mangers and corporate but emails or phone calls were never returned. I thought about contacting the BBB over it, but figured it wouldn't be worth my time. Now i'll just let everybody know about my horrible experiences and advocate shopping locally, even if it costs a bit more! The only thing that will get me back into those stores are some killer "have to have" sales that I hope they make no margin on!

(Adams County)

Yep, they have really gone downhill. They were offering 50% of blue book on trade-ins at one point. They have lost my business and business of thousands like me. I still go in the local stores looking for gun deals and they've had the same high priced used guns for months. The gun department went from being run by three people, to easily being run by one it's that slow.