Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: sig 1911

(Westmoreland County)

Default sig 1911

Well I did it again. Went to sportsmans supply in Butler and seen a sig 1911 blued w/rail laser holster and 2 mags for 750 so I put it on layaway they have about 149 more of them if anyone's looking

Now for my? ?? Any issues with the sig and any reports from the owners out there would be helpfull

(Westmoreland County)

Default Re: sig 1911

Sig had some teething issues early on but has quietly become a respected maker of quality 1911's. I've heard from more than one knowledgeable 1911 fan opine that the quality of parts is better than average and the fit, finish, accuracy, and reliability are on par with the best production level 1911's on the market. I would (and did: C3) buy with confidence.

(Elk County)

I've had this SIG Ultra Compact Nitron since early Dec 2011. A semi-local dealer got this in the day before I stopped in to see what's new. Two things sold me on the spot -- 1) The trigger pull was to die for, and B) The slide moved as if on ball bearings. I traded a spare Colt Defender and kicked in a few $$$.

I was even happier when I test-fired the Nitron Ultra at the IDPA range on a post-type swivel target stand from 25 yds. Once I got the sight picture, it was hard to miss those steel discs and I had them swinging left and right as fast as I could insert loaded mags.

As for functionality, there were NO failures of any kind thus far in over 700 rds. I had stripped, cleaned, and lubed the Ultra before going to the range, and it performed flawlessly since, receiving a cleaning and lube after each range session. Recoil is surprisingly mild and the Ultra is very controllable for follow-up shots.

There is a single recoil spring, made from flat rectangular-section wire instead of round wire. That allows for more force in a single spring that will fit within a given envelope.

This is the first external extractor 1911 I've owned, and I was pleased to see that all the empties landed in an arc to my 2 o'clock to 5 o'clock, about 3' to 6' out. No empties on the head, in the face, etc.

I switched out the green/gray laminate SIG-Sauer grip panels for a set of near-identical laminate panels free of logos so as to protect the originals as this Ultra will be rotating through as one of my carry guns as soon as a statistically significant number of rounds go downrange without issue.

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

I had a 5" Sig 1911 in Stainless. I used it as a duty gun for a season and put 2000 trouble free rounds through it. It fed an entire magazine of empty cases, that was pretty impressive. Laser accurate too. I got consistent 1" groups from 25 yards with Winchester PDX1 ammo. The only gripe I had was the magazines. The floorplates would crack and break in very short order. I replaced the originals with Checkmate Stainless, 8 round, flat metal floorplate, dimpled follower, hybrid feed lips magazines and never had any trouble after that. Not even a hint of it. The Sig 1911s are the best $1500 guns on the market for $800. The Traditional models with the rounded slide tops and series 70 firing systems are even better.
    The M1. Smackin' the bastards since 1932.

(Somerset County)

I have the Sig C3 1911 and I love it. I have not put more than 400 rounds through it yet but so far its very accurate and the fit and finish is good. The C3 has the 4.25 barrel and the officer grip. It conceals very easy and is a joy to carry. No complaints from me.

(Westmoreland County)

Good to see people discovering the SIG 1911 and the excellent value it offers. I agree that they might be the best $1500 gun for $800.

(Elk County)

Quote Originally Posted by SCBaldr View Post
    . . . The Sig 1911s are the best $1500 guns on the market for $800 . . .
    +1000. Well stated.

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

(Westmoreland County)

Sportsmans supply has 150 sig tacpacs for 750 a piece I have been looking at 1911's for a while and as soon as I grabbed the sig I fell in love it fit my hand better than any Smith Taurus or Kimber, and with the flat black nitrron finish it fits my style better than anything else I've touched I have one on hold for me out there and I'm gonna pick it up tomorrow for an early bday present to myself now I just need someone to get me some 45 for my bday I haven't really been able to find to much about the tacpac online so I was hoping to get an idea on here how the sigs sit in the 1911 spectrum thanx for all the info fellas

(Westmoreland County)

Does anyone know what 1911 is in the tacpac it looks like the tac opperator but it doesn't say which one it is either way ill be happy but if it is the tac opperator and not the standard nitron its the bees knees

Quote Originally Posted by Newbudby View Post
    Well I did it again. Went to sportsmans supply in Butler and seen a sig 1911 blued w/rail laser holster and 2 mags for 750 so I put it on layaway they have about 149 more of them if anyone's looking

Now for my? ?? Any issues with the sig and any reports from the owners out there would be helpfull
    Wow this is on the want list for sure.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast