Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Mifflin County)

Default Taurus PT 24/7 G2 question?

Hi all,

Just ordered one of these the other day. My first foray into the world of pistols. Being an avid reloader for over forty years (rifles and revolvers) I am reading all about why you should not reload the 40 S&W. While most of what I am reading pertains to the Glock in that it's chamber does not fully enclose the shell case, I was curious enough to call Taurus. I spoke to a Taurus rep who told me he wasn't sure if the chamber fully enclosed the case on this particular gun but that he would find out and let me know. Well he did and yes it is fully enclosed but that Taurus does not recommend that you reload anyways.

I read this on their web site but it seems to me that their caution is not due to the design or the manufacturing of the gun, but just the general safety of the reloading process itself.

Thus my question is this: Has anyone had any negative experiences in reloading the 40 S&W Taurus?

Thanks for your time.

Default Re: Taurus PT 24/7 G2 question?

I don't have a Gen 2 24/7 my 24/7 is a 1.5 Gen 24/7 I shoot the same reloads I shoot in my other 40 cals, the gun perfroms well just as any gun would if shooting factory spec ammo. I havene't fine tuned any ammo just for the 24/7 but it shoots these standard near factory spec reloads reliabily and accurate enough.

I think the Gen 2 24/7 and its upgrades make that pistol a better gun. I plan to get one and sale this one. Its been a good gun but I like the Gen 2 24/7 better.

If you have a kaboom with reloads, it voids the lifetime warranty. It is about the only way to get Taurus to not fix your gun. If you reload, just stay away from brass that was spent from a Glock or just use new brass. Plenty of LE using non Glock firearms in .40 S&W (probably where most of the good, used brass comes from, LE, that is).
    BCM and Glock...for a bigger pile of 'cold dead hands' brass.

So far so good I ain't get rid of my 24/7 ever unless to get a Gen 2 24/7 I like the 800 series too I might think about getting one of those to go along with my Taurus 24/7 so far its been an awesome gun. I like every thing about it accept for takedown, I like the Gen 2 Glock like take down. Gen 1 method sucks imho.