Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Ruger Charger

(Wyoming County)

Default Ruger Charger

If you have one...what type of optics are you using?

Thanks

(Luzerne County)

Default Re: Ruger Charger

I put a Leopuld red dot on mine. I have not shot it yet. Which reminds me that I need to pick up some batteries for it.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Bucks County)

Resurrecting an old thread! Just picked up my Ruger Charger. I can't seem to post pics, not sure why. I have an old Tasco 4 x 20 mm scope with illuminated reticle and a set of Weaver rings. I just need to bore sight it and hopefully take to the range next week. I have been looking at this gun for a while. I've been wanting to get back into a 22 for a long time. The fun factor plus cheap ammo is a hard combination to beat.

Anybody else have one? I know there are a lot of after market goodies out there. Anything I should put on my wish list?

Where's a rabid possum when you need one!

I put a BSA Huntsman on mine. It's a .22 and I did not plan on using it for hunting. That said, no groundhog inside of 100 yards is still living.

Mine likes CCI Mini-Mags and Stingers. It shoots anything, but likes Mini-Mags and Stingers.

(Luzerne County)

I have been looking at one of these myself and was wondering what the general impression is. I already have a Ruger Mark II and a 10/22 both of which I tricked out a little for target use.

I wanted to get into a long range pistol for target shooting. I had thought about a Thompson Contender in .223 but have also been looking at the charger. My local range max distance is 200 yards so either would work fine.

Any impressions? The Charger would be cheaper to buy and cheaper to feed.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by WVBob View Post
    I put a BSA Huntsman on mine. It's a .22 and I did not plan on using it for hunting. That said, no groundhog inside of 100 yards is still living.

Mine likes CCI Mini-Mags and Stingers. It shoots anything, but likes Mini-Mags and Stingers.
    WVBob,
    Thanks for the tips. Years ago I would squirrel hunt with a Browning Buckmark and used the CCI Stinger and SGB rnds. I will pick up a box of the Mini-mags and Stingers and test in the Charger.

Dave

(Lehigh County)

We have one it came with a BSA red-dot, works fine. The kids love shooting it, they call it the fun gun. A few ftf but all in all great gun.

(Bucks County)

Well, I took it to the range for the first time today and had a blast! With the bipod I could make one big hole in a 1inch target at 15 yds. I really like it. One surprise I had and perhaps I just don't know this about these guns but the bolt does not stay back after the last round. Is that how they are designed or is this a problem?

I also tried a 3 inch target free hand at 20 yds and it did not look too good! The Charger is a heavy pistol to hold steady. Maybe with practice. Using the bipod on a bench is the way to go.

All in all I am very pleased with this pistol. I would recommend the Charger to anyone looking for a nice target pistol.

(Luzerne County)

I was curious if anyone shoots this at longer distances like 100 yards. I am contemplating this or a T/C in .223. The .22 is obviously cheaper to shoot but the .223 wouldn't be too bad.