Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default My Girlfriend's New Toy (FNP-9)

Yesterday I took my girlfriend to the Monroville Gun Show to look around. She has been shooting my guns for about 6 months now, and has been entertaining the idea of getting one of her own. So, I figured I'd take her to the gun show and she could fondle some different guns and see what she liked. Well the first table we went to had various FNH pistols, and I told her she might like the FNP 9, so she picked it up and said she really liked it. So I said, lets keep looking and see if you like anything else. After picking up about a dozen other pistols and saying, "I liked the first one better", I figured she really did like the FNP the best. We went back to the FNH table and she handled the FNP some more and said she loved it. After doing a quick price search on my phone, I concluded it was a good deal and we bought it. We ended up getting the FNP-9 new in box with three 10rd magazines and two 16rd magazines for $430 out the door (which was actually a better deal than I could find online after FFL fees).

So of course, the next logical thing to do was take it to the range and shoot it. We drove straight from the gun show to PMSC (I happened to have my guns, ammo, and gear with me, just in case one of us were to buy something ), and she put 150 rounds through it. She absolutely loved it. It actually made me really happy to see how much she enjoyed shooting her new gun. She even let me put 50 rounds through it, and I have to say these guns are fantastic! I was blown away by the accuracy. Normally it takes me a couple mags through an unfamiliar gun to get dialed in, but this thing was so natural I was dead on with my first few shots. Now I have to make sure I'm extra nice to her so she lets me shoot it more

Here's a picture I snapped of it after I showed her how to clean it.

(Chester County)

Default Re: My Girlfriend's New Toy (FNP-9)

Congrats to her for buying her first gun, and it looks like a beauty! That seems like a pretty good deal for what you got.

I've been tossing around buying a pistol and handling many different ones over the past few weeks. I'll definitely keep an eye out for the FNP9 (or a .40 equivalent) at the Oaks gun show this coming weekend!

Sharp looking pistol, hope you guys have fun with it.

I must say, I was a little let down by the FNP pistols when I shot them. They're ergo's were pretty good but the shooting experience of both the FNX9 and the FNP45 just didn't do it for me.

But with that aside, as long as your girl is happy with the pistol then that's all that matters! They are really nice looking pistols I have to admit. Good luck with it!

(Cumberland County)

Lucky you.

My wife has decided she likes 1911s. Keep your girl on the plastic. You can only spend so much on polymer handguns.

I'm screwed.
    Selling off a a sizeable Spyderco collection here

pretty sweet! one question (I'm a new guy)... thoughts on exposed hammer vs. internal striker? I have a Ruger SR9c for me and my wife, which has an internal striker.

Quote Originally Posted by rwb1500 View Post
    Lucky you.

My wife has decided she likes 1911s. Keep your girl on the plastic. You can only spend so much on polymer handguns.

I'm screwed.
    Funny you mention that. At the gun show she kept pointing at 1911s and saying "I really like how those look, can I see one", but every time she picked one up and saw the price tag she said "Never mind ".

Quote Originally Posted by CL3 View Post
    pretty sweet! one question (I'm a new guy)... thoughts on exposed hammer vs. internal striker? I have a Ruger SR9c for me and my wife, which has an internal striker.
    Hammer vs. Striker is all about personal preference. My girlfriend decided on her own that she doesn't like striker fired guns, because she said that she likes to be able to see the hammer and know when it's cocked. I didn't say anything to sway her opinion, because I wanted to make sure she picked a gun that she wanted, and not a gun that I thought she should want.

I have two striker fired handguns, and two hammer fired handguns. I'm partial to the hammer fired handguns simply because it's a lot easier to repeatedly re-cock the hammer with your thumb when dry firing than it is to rack the slide every time. I can only dry fire my striker fired guns for so long before I get sick of racking the slide . Other than that I think they are both great and would recommend either type.

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Subverto View Post
    Funny you mention that. At the gun show she kept pointing at 1911s and saying "I really like how those look, can I see one", but every time she picked one up and saw the price tag she said "Never mind ".
    Well at least yours is sensible. Mine doesn't care. It has to look and feel "nice".
    Selling off a a sizeable Spyderco collection here

(Monroe County)

THis summer my nephew visited from the Bahamas, he is a Gun Nut so naturally he shot my guns in the backyard, He shot my Berettas, he shot my Sigs, He shot My FNP, he shot my Glocks and when he was done he pointed to the FNP and said i like that one the best.

No surprises that your girl like the FNP , its an awesome gun at a Good price with great ergos and extremely reliable and accurate and made right here in the USA.

Congrats and happy shooting.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast