Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lehigh County)

Default Any Issue with CC at the Please Touch Museum or China Town

Hello,
    My wife would like to take our daughter to the Please Touch Museum and then go to Chinatown afterwards.
    Against my better judgement (I dislike Philly) I agreed to take them.

I plan on CC and was just wondering if I would have any issues with CC at the Please Touch Museum or in Chinatown?

As I have never been to thee area's before, I have some questions.

Anything I should be cautious of in those areas??

Any places I should avoid??

We are planning to go there tomorrow.

Thanks

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Any Issue with CC at the Please Touch Museum or China Town

No experience with the PTM but you'll be fine in Chinatown. Make sure you stop for some bubble tea or bubble coffee.

I can relate to how you feel about the whole Philly thing.

(Luzerne County)

I don't remember any signage at the museum however I can attest that there are no metal detectors or searches, you just walk in buy a ticket and start browsing. I believe I have read elsewhere on the forum that the museum has no policy but you may want to search to double check.

(Philadelphia County)

CCing in Chinatown is satisfying but an hour later you feel like you want to CC again.
    (Sorry I couldn't resist)

Nothing particularly dangerous about that area. Traffic can be a bitch. The only crime you're likely to witness is the cost of parking in a lot. If you're diligent you can often find on-street metered parking.

Be safe and have fun.

(Montgomery County)

I haven't been to the new PT Museum so no help there, but RXM and Photoshooter are correct, Chinatown should be no problem.

My suggestion on routing from the museum to Chinatown is to head south on S. Concourse St./Lansdown Dr. to Sweet Briar and make a left. And then turn right onto West River/Martin Luther King drive. You'll cross the river (Schuylkilll) and come to Eakins Oval at the Art Museum. Stay toward the center of traffic as you go a little less than 1/4 way around the oval and head SE down the Benjamin Franklin Parkway towards City Hall. On the right you'll pass the Franklin Institute and come to Logan Square (circle). Go 1/2 way around the circle, as if to continue on the Parkway toward City Hall, and then immediately turn left onto Race St. (eastbound). 10th and Race is pretty much the heart of Chinatown.

http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=39...via=1&t=m&z=16

If you're at a loss, I recommend Sang Kee at 9th and Winter St. (almost Vine St.) Clean and good food.
    Last edited by -JD-; February 7th, 2012 at 07:53 AM. Reason: Corrected link & Spelling
    Keep perspective, recognize the good in your enemies and the bad in your friends.
    "--you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." - Robert A. Heinlein, Revolt in 2100

(Chester County)

No prob at the museum...just be ready to wash the hands before eating the eggrolls!

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by -JD- View Post
    I haven't been to the new PT Museum so no help there, but RXM and Photoshooter are correct, Chinatown should be no problem.

My suggestion on routing from the museum to Chinatown is to head south on S. Councourse St./Landsdown Dr. to Sweet Briar and make a leftAnd then turn right onto West River/Martin Luther King drive. You'll cross the river (Schuylkilll) and come to Eakins Oval at the Art Museum. Stay toward the center of traffic as you go a little less than 1/4 way around the oval and head SE down the Benjamin Franklin Parkway towards City Hall. On the right you'll pass the Franklin Institute and come to Logan Square (circle). Go 1/2 way around the circle, as if to continue on the Parkway toward City Hall, and then immediately turn left onto Race St. (eastbound). 10th and Race is pretty much the heart of Chinatown.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&cp...2&ved=0CCEQ_BI

If you're at a loss, I recommend San Kee at 9th and Winter St. (almost Vine St.) Clean and good food.
    Perfect directions, I was going to say the exact same thing. Good restaurant recommendation too.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by -JD- View Post

My suggestion on routing from the museum to Chinatown is to head south on S. Councourse St./Landsdown Dr. to Sweet Briar and make a leftAnd then turn right onto West River/Martin Luther King drive. You'll cross the river (Schuylkilll) and come to Eakins Oval at the Art Museum. Stay toward the center of traffic as you go a little less than 1/4 way around the oval and head SE down the Benjamin Franklin Parkway towards City Hall. On the right you'll pass the Franklin Institute and come to Logan Square (circle). Go 1/2 way around the circle, as if to continue on the Parkway toward City Hall, and then immediately turn left onto Race St. (eastbound). 10th and Race is pretty much the heart of Chinatown.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&cp...2&ved=0CCEQ_BI

If you're at a loss, I recommend San Kee at 9th and Winter St. (almost Vine St.) Clean and good food.
    Thank you for the great information. Ill forward the recommendation to the wife, since its her Bday she gets to call the shots lol

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by maxxram View Post
    Thank you for the great information. Ill forward the recommendation to the wife, since its her Bday she gets to call the shots lol
    Sang Kee is decent, but I'm partial to Wong Wong on 10th & Race. Best crispy Peking duck in town. Penang, a very good Malaysian place, is not too far away and Banana Leaf is almost the exact replica, but it's BYOB. Wong Wong is also BYOB. Avoid being north of Vine St (alleys and Callowhill St) in that area.

Oh, and unless you want to ditch your wife for a happy ending massage at the Please Touch "Me-see-um" in Chinatown, you won't have to worry about getting stripped to expose your CCW.

Al
    "In a controversy, the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth and have begun striving for ourselves." - Siddhartha Gautama

(Northampton County)

Go to Yakitori boy!! nom nom nom
    Free "He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast