Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Warren County)

Default White Oak barrels

Ok so I was checking out their website and I got interested in their complete upper, the varmint version. The only thing I'm hesitant about is the chamber specs seem to be WOA varmint chamber. All their other barrels are either Wylde or "chambered for excellent performance from..."

So my question is does anyone know if their "exclusive WOA varmint chamber" is ok to use 5.56 or not?

Default Re: White Oak barrels

I'm not sure where you read what you did, I didn't see that, but I just glanced around their site. I noticed that on their barrels at this page, http://www.whiteoakprecision.com/pricing-products.htm , They said that you "Barrels - All barrels are turned from top quality blanks from the finest barrel makers. I contour, chamber, headspace, and fit barrel extensions, in house. This gives control over these critical dimensions, and allows you to choose barrel length, weight, gas port location, twist rate, or chamber specifications. " Doesn't that mean that you can choose whatever kind of chamber you like?

Something else that I thought I noticed a long time ago is this. Doesn't RRA use the Wylde chamber in their varmint rifles? http://www.rockriverarms.com/index.c...ategory_id=228 . It says in the chambering that it uses the wylde chamber. I'm not really familiar with that chamber, but I believe that we're talking about the same thing. Maybe some others will chime in. From my understand, you can fire 5.56 in the .223 wylde chambering. Hopefully some others who are more knowledgable about it can help.

(Warren County)

Quote Originally Posted by Tomcat088 View Post
    I'm not sure where you read what you did, I didn't see that, but I just glanced around their site. I noticed that on their barrels at this page, http://www.whiteoakprecision.com/pricing-products.htm , They said that you "Barrels - All barrels are turned from top quality blanks from the finest barrel makers. I contour, chamber, headspace, and fit barrel extensions, in house. This gives control over these critical dimensions, and allows you to choose barrel length, weight, gas port location, twist rate, or chamber specifications. " Doesn't that mean that you can choose whatever kind of chamber you like?
    Probably but Im looking for an off the shelf barrel. The barrels already cost enough to have a special order done.

This is what it says under the barrel I want..

The White Oak Armament .223 varmint barrel is constructed with the same care as our famous Match Rifle barrel. The chamber is cut using a WOA designed reamer that was developed to give excellent accuracy and reliability with a wide variety of varmint bullets loaded to mag length!

· Choice of 18, 20, 24, or 26 inch
    · Available in 1-7 or 1-12 twist match grade barrel
    ·
    Exclusive WOA Varmint Chamber
    ·
    Comes with FITTED manifold (26" also comes with correct gas tube)
    ·
    1 inch under the handguard, then .850 from manifold to muzzle
    ·
    Custom contours available at request

Something else that I thought I noticed a long time ago is this. Doesn't RRA use the Wylde chamber in their varmint rifles? http://www.rockriverarms.com/index.c...ategory_id=228 . It says in the chambering that it uses the wylde chamber. I'm not really familiar with that chamber, but I believe that we're talking about the same thing. Maybe some others will chime in. From my understand, you can fire 5.56 in the .223 wylde chambering. Hopefully some others who are more knowledgable about it can help.
    Yes you can fire both cartridges in a Wylde chamber. From my understanding it's about halfway between a .223 and 5.56. It lets you fire both types of rounds with a slightly tighter fit for better accuracy.

BTW Im at this website

http://www.whiteoakarmament.com/ seems to be a bit different than White Oak Precision.
    Last edited by J8300; February 4th, 2008 at 09:47 PM.

My bad, I just saw WOA, and was thinking Wylde something chamber, I didn't even make the connection that it was White Oak Armament chambering (their own). *slaps my own forehead* I would just give them a call on the phone and ask them what the dimensions on their WOA chambering is. Ask them if it's tight necked, something close to or near identical to the "wylde" chambering, or something else. I'm sure if you ask them if you can use 5.56 in their rifles, they will probably be honest. I would just make it clear to the person on the phone that you're not talking about .223, because you know they're different and you want to know about 5.56. If the person doesn't sound like they know what they're talking about, just ask if you can talk to one of the "shop guys" who is actually reaming the barrels, s/he can probably tell ya. Lycan uses alot of their barrels I believe, maybe he'll chime in, in a bit and can help.

(Warren County)

Ya I will probably just email them and ask. Figured someone here might know.

(Lawrence County)

The WOA barrels I use are all Wylde chambered. The are cut on Wilson blanks by Compass Lake. You can run 5.56 in them. Most RRA guns are Wylde as well. The chamber is reliable. The rim space is actually larger than some 5.56 reamers.

The WOA varmint gun I have no idea about. If you call tehm they will work with you. They offered to cut a custom length for me once.

Lycangoodpeoplethrope

I taught Chuck Norris to bump-fire.

(Chester County)

From what I gather you can even shoot an 80 grain round out of the Wylde chambered barrels...

Sadly those cost more than the 55gr..

(Lawrence County)

Quote Originally Posted by MTechnik View Post
    From what I gather you can even shoot an 80 grain round out of the Wylde chambered barrels...

Sadly those cost more than the 55gr..
    Bullet size won't really matter to the chamber. Most are seating to mag depth anyhow and others are loading beyond that to shoot single fire. Plenty of room.

I taught Chuck Norris to bump-fire.

(Warren County)

Thanks for the help guys.

you're welcome J8300, sorry that we couldn't help you a bit more or be more specific.