Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
    (Delaware County)

Default Re: just had a WALMART encounter...

Just to Try to get back on track.... I posted about this And a few other walmart locations a few months back.(maybe almost a year now) when walmart announced that it was bring Firearms back in to most stores to bring the men back in to the stores. The Managment staff of The trooper RD location told me He Hoped NEVER to bring guns to the store and that he was looking to to limit even what he does carry due to how close he is to norristown. (yes i know the mailing address of the store is Norristown)

With that said. I work 2 blocks away so I stop in 2 or more times a week to walk the store during lunch and always Look at the Ammo and have had both good and Bad reactions from Staff in that department. That being said. While i support OC... I have not carried any where truely in public. most of my exp is when i go at night to lock up a Storage property near my house. And that is more for Just to be comfortable with the Idea that i have it. I do not know anyone who carries and I have been looking to see someone who is carrying, But I do carry The Flyers with me though in case someone does need one.
    I also have two Young Boys and I would not OC with them around at this point but I would CC. I do not carry due to a comfort level The boys being with me and when they are not I am usualy at work and You can not Bring firearms on the Property including parking area and there is no public parking close enough for me to Park at. If there was i would like to think i would carry to get more comfortable with it.

Somewhere around Phoenixville, Pennsylvania
    (Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by AStudman97 View Post
    But I do carry The Flyers with me though in case someone does need one.
    I'll take one Ron Hextall, please.

(Bucks County)

Couple points..first being that I've only had my LTCF for about 2 years. The majority of the time I CC, with OC coming only after I take my jacket off. Usually, that is when we are out to eat. I have done this in several establishments here in Quakertown and have yet to be questioned. I think mainly because the people there have known me for quite some time. I'm not sure that I would be totally comfortable OC'ing just yet.

As for the Walmart case, I work part time for one and spoke to my manger regarding me having my weapon while at work. He told me that I can keep it in my truck, but not in the store while working. He did tell me that I can carry while I am off duty.

On a side note, I will be taking possession of a 1911 in the next week or so. What would be the best(most secure) holster for such? Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Scott

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by AStudman97 View Post
    Just to Try to get back on track.... I posted about this And a few other walmart locations a few months back.(maybe almost a year now) when walmart announced that it was bring Firearms back in to most stores to bring the men back in to the stores. The Managment staff of The trooper RD location told me He Hoped NEVER to bring guns to the store and that he was looking to to limit even what he does carry due to how close he is to norristown. (yes i know the mailing address of the store is Norristown)

With that said. I work 2 blocks away so I stop in 2 or more times a week to walk the store during lunch and always Look at the Ammo and have had both good and Bad reactions from Staff in that department. That being said. While i support OC... I have not carried any where truely in public. most of my exp is when i go at night to lock up a Storage property near my house. And that is more for Just to be comfortable with the Idea that i have it. I do not know anyone who carries and I have been looking to see someone who is carrying, But I do carry The Flyers with me though in case someone does need one.
    I also have two Young Boys and I would not OC with them around at this point but I would CC. I do not carry due to a comfort level The boys being with me and when they are not I am usualy at work and You can not Bring firearms on the Property including parking area and there is no public parking close enough for me to Park at. If there was i would like to think i would carry to get more comfortable with it.
    Norristown already has two gun dealers (i.e., InSite Firearms and Treeline Sports). What makes him think that folks are going to go all the way to Walmart from Norristown to make a firearms purchase? I know it isn't because of the vast selection of guns...

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Houston View Post
    Couple points..first being that I've only had my LTCF for about 2 years. The majority of the time I CC, with OC coming only after I take my jacket off. Usually, that is when we are out to eat. I have done this in several establishments here in Quakertown and have yet to be questioned. I think mainly because the people there have known me for quite some time. I'm not sure that I would be totally comfortable OC'ing just yet.

As for the Walmart case, I work part time for one and spoke to my manger regarding me having my weapon while at work. He told me that I can keep it in my truck, but not in the store while working. He did tell me that I can carry while I am off duty.

On a side note, I will be taking possession of a 1911 in the next week or so. What would be the best(most secure) holster for such? Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Scott
    Check this thread for suggestions: http://forum.pafoa.org/open-carry-14...-comments.html

At the end of the day the best holster will be the one that puts your firearm into the position from which you can most easily draw if needed while being the most comfortable for your chosen method of carry and allowing for maxium retention on your part.
    Please help my Baby Kitties and I avoid being homeless.

(Bucks County)

Great..thanks!

(Delaware County)

Thumbs up Re: just had a WALMART encounter...

Quote Originally Posted by RXM View Post
    Norristown already has two gun dealers (i.e., InSite Firearms and Treeline Sports). What makes him think that folks are going to go all the way to Walmart from Norristown to make a firearms purchase? I know it isn't because of the vast selection of guns...
    Who knows what he was thinking... Typical Uninformed scared Zombie food I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Overscore View Post
    I'll take one Ron Hextall, please.
    I blame "Autocorrect".... (it was not used.... But still blameing it.)

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Have we determined what kind of day the manager was having?

I was kind of hoping for a weather report for the night in question if mars was in alignment with uranus.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789