Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Range Report: SA 1911-A1 loaded

the gun shot dead accurate and impressed me literally, so all in all i'd give the gun 100 over 100 on trigger pull, accuracy, weight and the smoothness.

i did have to adjust my sight picture where i was use to shooting glocks using the 6 o'clock hold where as with the 1911 i had to put my sight dead center of the target, you can see me adjusting in the target..

i love this damn gun...
    Attached Images Attached Images

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: Range Report: SA 1911-A1 loaded

Nice shooting. I like my Springfield Armory Loaded and shoot it well. The only changes I have made to it was getting rid of the ambi safety and put in a GI guide rod.

Thumbs up Re: Range Report: SA 1911-A1 loaded

Nice shooting and nice gun.

Quote Originally Posted by jb7304 View Post
    Nice shooting. I like my Springfield Armory Loaded and shoot it well. The only changes I have made to it was getting rid of the ambi safety and put in a GI guide rod.
    how did you get rid of the ambi safety, and i was thinking about the wilson combat flgr

(Monroe County)

I am curious why you got rid of the ambidextrous safety.
    Would you explain your reasoning?

Richland Township (Bucks County) PA, Pennsylvania
    (Bucks County)

350CI,

Hey dude! I generally enjoy reading your posts, and this is no exception. I currently use a SA MC Operator in my carry rotation, but up until a year or ago had the LP model in stainless. I like to think I am a better than average shot, while certainly not SWAT material and both pistols shot equally as beautiful for me as well. Likely that if there was any accuracy difference between my $800 and $1250 springfields, it was not apparent with a shooter of my ability.

What I'm getting at is the $800 Loaded in stainless was probably a better bang for my buck, but it's hard to go wrong in a 4" or larger 1911 with Springfield armory on the side anyways.

Thanks for sharing your experiences - I tried to write one up but it went kinda unilateral towards Springfield 1911s so it seemed rather.. Biased? Of course not. :-D enjoy your money well spent!
    "More is lost through indecision than wrong decision"

While 350CI has not yet responded, I'll give you my thoughts prefaced with the fact that I just ordered a 1911 platform (9mm) that comes standard with an ambi-safety and I chose the optional (no cost) single-sided safety.

Two factors mitigate against an ambi-safety: 1) Reliability; and, 2) Safety. An ambi safety has is comprised of two halves. Recently had a friend who found his carry 1911 (equipped with an ambi-safety) with the L/S half pushed half way out of the frame. Imagine needing your gun, pulling it from the holster and when you go to disengage the safety, it's not there. Single safeties have a solid through shaft - no overlapping joint in the middle. One less thing to malfunction. The R/S lever on an ambi-safety is exposed and may possibly be inadvertently "wiped" off. The left-side lever is protected by your body or the sweat guard on the holster. It is just as easy to either disengage a single safety with the trigger finger of your left hand, or the normal right thumb before transferring the gun to the weak hand. (The preceding assumes that your R/H is your strong hand).

Can't speak for 350CI but that is why I chose a single over an ambi. YMMV.

Adios,

Pizza Bob
    NRA Benefactor Member

Look like you had a good accurate time that seems to be a good one. The Loaded has a reputation as being one of the Best buys for the money. They say the more you shoot it the better we get, you going to shooting competition soon with a stock giun! LOL

Enjoy!!

Well I don't like the ambi safety because I feel like I could easy release the safety by accident.

I will say that carrying a 1911 is going to take some getting use to, this cocked and locked is a bit nerve recking.

Quote Originally Posted by Neko456 View Post
    Look like you had a good accurate time that seems to be a good one. The Loaded has a reputation as being one of the Best buys for the money. They say the more you shoot it the better we get, you going to shooting competition soon with a stock giun! LOL

Enjoy!!
    Yea the good shot great. I need to shoot it more so I can get the sight picture into memory.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast