Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Bedford County)

Smile kinda new but not really...

hey guys/girls
    I've been around guys my entire life as my grandfather was a gunsmith, but I moved to P.A. 6 years ago and now have 2 small children and have gotten back into hhunting and shooting/ gunsmithing. I have a few handguns and was looking into getting my carry permit but as I said I'm still fairly new to P.A.( bedford county) so I'm not exactly sure where to go to apply. If anyone can point me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it. The main reason I want a permit is because of my kids, they love going camping, fishing and just being in the outdoors and it would be nice to have something for the "if something happens" kinda thing. As I said before any info would be greatly appreciated.THANKS!

(Indiana County)

Default Re: kinda new but not really...

Quote Originally Posted by Jam View Post
    hey guys/girls
    I've been around guys my entire life as my grandfather was a gunsmith, but I moved to P.A. 6 years ago and now have 2 small children and have gotten back into hhunting and shooting/ gunsmithing. I have a few handguns and was looking into getting my carry permit but as I said I'm still fairly new to P.A.( bedford county) so I'm not exactly sure where to go to apply. If anyone can point me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it. The main reason I want a permit is because of my kids, they love going camping, fishing and just being in the outdoors and it would be nice to have something for the "if something happens" kinda thing. As I said before any info would be greatly appreciated.THANKS!

The bedford county sheriff's office.

(Bedford County)

thats kinda what I figured but just wanted to make sure, thanks for a quick reply.

(Indiana County)

Quote Originally Posted by Jam View Post
    thats kinda what I figured but just wanted to make sure, thanks for a quick reply.

No problem, and welcome to the site. There are alot of people on here with alot of knowledge. Whether it be legal issues, training and tactics, or gunsmithing.

(Bedford County)

yeah so far from what I've seen I like it alot I'm actually getting ready to order a shirt or two

(Dauphin County)

CJ's right about going to your county sheriff's office.

If you want to fill out the application in advance, this thread: http://forum.pafoa.org/general-2/591...ation-pdf.html has a linked PDF of the application form. I've seen some folks suggest printing it on two sides of a single piece of paper.

(The application is by law supposed to be uniform across all counties statewide, with the PSP having the authority to design the form. A few counties violate state law by trying to use their own little version of it, but AFAIK Bedford isn't one of them. [EDIT: see knight0334's comment below])

Since I gather from your comments that you aren't fully familiar with PA's (sometimes unintuitive) laws on carrying, I urge you to read this helpful thread: http://forum.pafoa.org/concealed-ope...nsylvania.html.

Welcome aboard!
    Last edited by twency; February 5th, 2012 at 09:26 AM.
    I am not a lawyer. Nothing I say or write is legal advice.

(Jefferson County)

Good thing for you is, the Bedford County Sheriff is a member here and follows the statutory guidelines for licensing.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Montgomery County)

Welcome to PA, good luck on the carry permit. Got mine in berks in like 10 minutes. FYI you have one of the funniest typos I have seen in a while,"I've been around guys my entire life". I read it and thought where is this going..

(Bedford County)

Quote Originally Posted by big reticles View Post
    Welcome to PA, good luck on the carry permit. Got mine in berks in like 10 minutes. FYI you have one of the funniest typos I have seen in a while,"I've been around guys my entire life". I read it and thought where is this going..
    lol wow I even read it again and didnt even catch that lol

Since no one has said it yet, know that in PA a 'carry permit' is actually called a License To Carry Firearms or LTCF for short.

It may seem like an anal difference to some, but to many of us the difference is important. On this board (forum) you are bound to catch a snide remark if you call it a permit.

As you read other posts, you'll see that 'LTCF' is most commonly used.
    Help us restore election integrity in PA. Join PA Voters United

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast