Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: taurus pt845

(Erie County)

Angry taurus pt845

My pt845 shoots like its a smooth bore, Its not grouping! Its all over the paper and i've tried speers, feds., remington ammo they all shoot the same. First I thought it was me, shot off hand using the push / pull hold and off bags. Form 10' to 15yd. there all over, is anybody else having this problem?

Default Re: taurus pt845

That is too bad. I am sorry that this has happened to you. The only thing good about Taurus, in my opinion, is the warranty. Have the dealer you bought it from send it back for Taurus to take a look at it if you are willing to stick it out and keep the gun. Or, return for a refund. They sell because of price point and quality on auto's seems to be sub par. Good luck with what ever you decide.

(Bucks County)

That isn't entirely true. I have 7 Taurus handguns and there isn't a poorly made or performing one in the bunch. They are a quality firearm manufacturer.
    I'm curious: How many do you own? How many have you had trouble with and sold? I'm betting it's close to zero.

(Erie County)

Manxdriver ; I do own 4 taurus revolvers and they are nice shooters .38,.357mag. I took a wild pig with,.44mag. and a .45colt 2" ported, I carry that one (older not the judge). This is the first semi auto in taurus. thats why I bought it cause of the way the revolvers shoot and perform. I'll send it back to taurus, I just wanted to see if anyone else is having the same problem with there autos. Thanks.

(Venango County)

Quote Originally Posted by SWMP View Post
    Manxdriver ; I do own 4 taurus revolvers and they are nice shooters .38,.357mag. I took a wild pig with,.44mag. and a .45colt 2" ported, I carry that one (older not the judge). This is the first semi auto in taurus. thats why I bought it cause of the way the revolvers shoot and perform. I'll send it back to taurus, I just wanted to see if anyone else is having the same problem with there autos. Thanks.
    I don't think he was asking you.

Personally, I have 1 taurus auto. Not the same model you have. Mine with a shorter barrel holds a decent grouping.

Have you done anything to it? Cleaned, disassembled, or modified it in any way? Is this a new gun, or new to you? Or is this one that you have had for a few years and just all of the sudden isn't grouping properly?
    I'm so fast, I can bump fire a bolt action.

(Erie County)

I got it used 2/1/12 with one owner before me. I striped it down and clean it before shooting. The insides was like from factory,only one clip was used. The rifiling looked to be faint, are these barrels micro rifiling? you know thinking about it more i wonder if the first owner shoot lead rounds out it ,( leading the barrel)? I tooked in back today,where i bought it from he's sending back to taurus.

manxdriver - It seems as if I have offended you and your choice of firearms.
    I apologize.

SWMP- I have had similar experiences with people being pleased with the
    quality of their revolvers hoping it would translate to their auto's.
    The time period I had seen quality plumet was 2008-2010 and from
    that time on it was decided to not sell Taurus auto's. Again, their
    warranty is great. Hold their feet to the fire! Good luck.