Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Sellersville Gun Show

Sellersville Gun Show
    at the Forrest Lodge VFW
    east of Bethlehem Pike on Forrest Road (at Old Bethlehem Pike)
    GPS coordinates 40.391935,-75.322373

Saturday Feb 18 9am-4pm, Sunday Feb 19 9am-3pm
    Buy Sell Trade
    Guns, Ammunition, Scopes, Accessories, Parts, Militaria, Antiques, Tactical, Defense, more...

promoted by
    Commonwealth Target Co.
    (570) 640-0144

Default Re: Sellersville Gun Show

Any hard numbers on how many vendors will be there? This is close to me, but it's been sort of spotty in the past.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Elk County)

In my experience when I 'd go to Sellersville while my daughter was in college nearby, there may be 14-16 vendors total and maybe half that number with overpriced guns. The rest has flea market stuff, parts, small quantities of overpriced NOS ammo, and accessories. The only competitively priced dealer was Donnellys. Sometimes Charlie Grasso is there with a mess of rifles and maybe a few handguns if there's not another larger show within 100 miles the same weekend.

I'd go to look for sights, scopes, etc., and whatever caught my eye which was most times not much. However, you just can't beat the hall for its nostalgic "stale beer and old fryer grease" aroma. Taking a few whiffs puts me to mind of a couple restaurants may parents would take me to back in the late 50s and early 60s, and other venues were wedding receptions were held.

Noah
    Last edited by Noah_Zark; February 3rd, 2012 at 10:36 AM.
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

(Montgomery County)

I'll thank anyone who offers SUPPORT for the show (there's a lot of bashing going on). I'm not the promoter, but one of the small-time vendors who tries to make these shows worthwhile to both myself and the attendees. Keep in mind that without vendors and attendees, there is no show. Vendors don't want to come if customers don't come, and vice versa.

This promoter has improved his advertising efforts, bringing better crowds. We could use more vendors, so I encourage collectors/traders to get a few tables.

Regarding the question about number of vendors, it is difficult to state, as there is a show in Wind Gap that weekend, and possibly others.

There are always a few reliable vendors with a selection of sporting arms, tactical arms, military arms, scopes, parts, accessories, tactical, defense, and antique items. I believe our items are prices reasonably, and if you think the deal's not quite good enough, there's always the fun of the negotiation.

Please provide some support and promote success. Nobody wins if a show goes under. Hope to see you there.

5 minutes from my house. I may just have to check this out!

I should be around that weekend. I'll have to swing by.

Unhappy Re: Sellersville Gun Show

I usually go because this is my VFW post , but this show is downright pitiful. Half the tables are usually empty if there's another show within 50mi , and it's so damn dark in there as they don't even turn the damn lights on. Not that there's much to look at. Seems like the same guys with the same old overpriced junk. More likely to find something good a few miles up the road at the Qmart outdoor flea market.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Berks County)

I live only a few minutes away from the VFW, so I always try to make this show. I've seen a few good deals, and I've bought a few firearms here over the years. It's not the greatest show, but, it's worth going to if you're in the area.

I just spent 13 minutes doing this show. It's Sunday, I didn't make it to the Saturday show.

The good part: no lines, and sunny weather.

The bad part: I don't think there were a dozen vendors. Hard to say, seemed like most of them were not at their tables when I went through, so there could be fewer than a dozen, or just a bunch of them who each brought one box of stuff and then hid.

I'd really like this show to succeed, it's close to me. But it's not worth the same entry fee as shows that are 5-10 times larger, and $6 to look at the selected wares of a dozen sellers isn't all that cost-effective.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Bucks County)

I went to the last one as it is five minutes from me, and will never go again. It makest the Philly show look good.
    Guns are dangerous, but no guns is more dangerous.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast