Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Anyone need a job? (Robinson Township)

I know of an opening for counter sales / warehouse assistant - think plumbing supply store sort of thing - in Robinson. Daylight hours (7:30-4) M-F with seasonal OT possible. Short winter layoff is typical so you can have Thanksgiving & Christmas off. Small family-owned company. Owners like to talk guns!

No experience necessary, valid driver's license a must, computer skills helpful, people & phone skills very important. Wait on customers, enter orders in the computer, pull orders, load & unload trucks, answer phones, occasional deliveries. Sounds like a lot but it's pretty laid back and not overly physical.

Starting salary around $11-12/hour plus health care, vacation time, 401K, etc. Shoot me a PM if you know anyone!
    Last edited by thebearpack; February 3rd, 2012 at 12:39 PM.

(Butler County)

Default Re: Anyone need a job? (Robinson Township)

156 folks looked at this so far. Any takers. I thought their was a rescesson...

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by mike_g View Post
    156 folks looked at this so far. Any takers. I thought their was a rescesson...
    Agreed... nearing 200 views and not a peep!

Good, stable company that's been around for decades plus a friendly & relaxed environment.

(Butler County)

Default Crazy times here...

I live too far but what a few hundred thousand live in that area (within reason)?
    Even the unions are looking for help. They make a bunch and they are looking for folks as well!Bear pack I for one thank you for your kind offer and hope you find that great employee...

(Northampton County)

many people who are unemployed are sitting back, because what they get on unemployment make it a wash to get some jobs.
    Before the flamers come, several of my friends are doing this, so i'm using them as an example.
    when you add in gas and travel wic vouchers, they may be making the same with unemployment.
    just saying..
    "Cogito, ergo armatum sum"

(Montgomery County)

I would take this job in a heartbeat if I wasn't on the other side of the state. Sounds like what I do now just with less of the cold corporate atmosphere.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by tim81688 View Post
    many people who are unemployed are sitting back, because what they get on unemployment make it a wash to get some jobs.
    Before the flamers come, several of my friends are doing this, so i'm using them as an example.
    when you add in gas and travel wic vouchers, they may be making the same with unemployment.
    just saying..
    I hear you. Perpetual unemployment is killing small businesses that can't afford $20/hour to lure people to work. The Marcellus industry isn't helping either.

Quote Originally Posted by Menandros View Post
    I would take this job in a heartbeat if I wasn't on the other side of the state. Sounds like what I do now just with less of the cold corporate atmosphere.
    Come on over... Pittsburgh is a great place to live!

(Westmoreland County)

I've been my own boss for quite some time now but business is slowing down a little so I am looking for a decent job to supplement. It is a damn shame that my caddy runs 13 to the gallon or I would be pm'ing you bearpack because I have 20+years experience in that field and training would not even be necessary. I sure as hell could use the extra monthly income and I'm not afraid to bust my ass 16hours a day either.
    I have a family that needs fed and I have a house to keep up.

People that look at this post and think......well...........this is not for me because after all the deductions and expenses and I might as well stay on UC are completely nuts. These guys seem to forget that $12 an hour is about 5bills a week and take the taxes out you be running home to the wive with $1500-$1600 a month. This is a very good pay for a daytime job and let me assure you............there are not many of these around anymore.
    Plus it has health, vacation and 401K............what the hell more do you want? I sure as hell wish I could land something like this in my neighborhood.

It's a bitch to live in Westmoreland.
    Last edited by D10; February 4th, 2012 at 02:44 AM.
    You can only get smarter by playing a smarter opponent

(Lackawanna County)

That sounds like a good deal; too bad we live too far away, my boyfriend would be all over that.

(Luzerne County)

Open a store in the Hazleton area and I will be at the front door waiting for you to open.... Sorry, but a 5 hour commute is a little to far..lol... but does sound like a decent job. AND thanks for posting it... hopefully you will find someone ...

Best of luck

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast