Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    (Franklin County)

Default Re: New Ruger LCP 380

I'd been planning to get a P3AT with some of my tax refund, but I believe I'm going to pick up the Ruger instead. My preferred local dealer can't get one from his supplier yet, but has one on back-order so he'll get it as soon as it's available. He doesn't have a price yet, but unless it's more than $40-$50 higher than the Kel-Tec, I think this is a done deal.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Allegheny County)

I've been looking at the Ruger LCP lately, and have had a serious urge to get one.

I've been reluctant to concealed carry, because I'm a relatively small guy and and a medium or large framed handgun would be next to impossible to conceal on me. I also don't really feel like swapping out my entire wardrobe for giant baggy clothing. I love my Beretta Px4, but there is just no way I'm hiding it on me.

This looks like a pretty slick gun, and at 8/10 of an inch should be good for concealment.

I just bought two new Ruger LCP two days ago and have ran about 100 target rounds through each. I have found it very accurate at 25 feet with the target rounds. Shot 6 golden sabers through one and was much less accurate but will still use them when I carry it. Today I purchased a Kel-tec belt clip for one and it went on like a dream. It sets on my right hip and cannot be seen even with a shirt tucked in (just not tucked in real tight). The day I bought it the retailer said he would not suggest the clip for fears of voiding warranty. So I puchased an Uncle Mike's IWB holster, all in all the holster is good but you CANNOT hide even this small gun and still tuck in your shirt. My suggestion is the belt clip and hope Ruger understands the use of this gun and the need for the clip if a warranty issue occurs.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by rtrib; April 26th, 2008 at 09:49 PM. Reason: poor grammer

(Blair County)

Quote Originally Posted by rtrib View Post
    I just bought two new Ruger LCP two days ago and have ran about 100 target rounds through each. I have found it very accurate at 25 feet with the target rounds. Shot 6 golden sabers through one and was much less accurate but will still use them when I carry it. Today I purchased a Kel-tec belt clip for one and it went on like a dream. It sets on my right hip and cannot be seen even with a shirt tucked in (just not tucked in real tight). The day I bought it the retailer said he would not suggest the clip for fears of voiding warranty. So I puchased an Uncle Mike's IWB holster, all in all the holster is good but you CANNOT hide even this small gun and still tuck in your shirt. My suggestion is the belt clip and hope Ruger understands the use of this gun and the need for the clip if a warranty issue occurs.
    Thanks for the info! I just ordered one today from a local dealer. $265.00.

Not sure how a clip could void the warranty? Dang, I was planning to use one. Does the Kel-Tec clip need modified or does it work as is?

(Chester County)

ya know they make tuckable holsters....right?

(Blair County)

Quote Originally Posted by synergy View Post
    ya know they make tuckable holsters....right?
    What do you mean by tuckable holsters? I am not being "smart", I am honestly asking.

I would not be interested in a "wallet" style holster where I carry it in my hip pocket. I sit down a lot and do not know what is required when sitting down.

I am not interested in a front pocket holster if they will not fit in my jeans pocket. I wear jeans almost every day.

I am very interested in looking at anything you can suggest that would allow me to comfortably carry the LCP every day.

Thanks!

(Westmoreland County)

The wife and I both got Kel-Tec P3ATs in .380 for deep concealed carry.

My daughter needs a small gun (she is lugging around my Model 19 .357 in her purse and glove compartment so do not mess with her ) and was considering a Kel-Tec.

I saw where the retail price is to be about $255.00 on the Ruger and advised her to wait and get the ruger.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by rtrib View Post
    Today I purchased a Kel-tec belt clip for one and it went on like a dream.
    I bought the belt clip for my Kel-Tec and hated it. The gun kept flopping around. I finally settled in a Galco wallet holster $44.00 and am very happy with that decision. I carry it in my front pants pocket.

(Allegheny County)

an "honest man" doesn't need a ruger gun!

The Kel-Tec clip didn't need any mods. I laid the Ruger on a cutting board and used the new metal pin to drive the plastic pin out. Once the pin is in place you just put the clip in line and tighten the allen screw with the wrench that is providied in the clip kit. As far as tuckable holsters, short answer, no. Do you mean the holsters like the ones with a "pager" attached that you pull up to retrieve your pistol. As far as the gun flopping around in you pants, maybe to many trips to IHOP could help (it sure has worked for me). I do normally wear jeans and Carhart type shorts.
    Last edited by rtrib; April 28th, 2008 at 12:56 PM. Reason: Plastic pin IS NOT pivot shaft for hammer (made an assumption)

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast