Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Butler County)

Default AR-10 upper for SBR

I have an AR-10 rifle in .308 and was wondering if there is an AR-10 .308 pistol upper available to turn this weapon into an SBR?

I have searched the net and can't find anything.

Sorry for my lack of knowledge on AR's as I am sort of an AK guy.

We contend that for a nation to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle. Winston Churchill........

(Armstrong County)

Default Re: AR-10 upper for SBR

POF makes a damn sweet 12" upper. And a 14.5" but whats the point of only taking 1.5" off.
    A buddy has one with a 7.62-SD on it, fun little gun.

Make a custom one. Start with a +16" barrel, cut it and see if it runs. If not open the gas port a HAIR at a time. Rinse and repeat until it runs the way you want.
    HGW, llc ~ Title 1 & NFA sales/manufacturing ~ Transfers - Title 1 $20 - NFA $50

(Westmoreland County)

Noveske makes some shorter AR-10 barrels as well. Called the Leonidas series, made in 12.5" and 14.5". A little pricer at around $550, but as you know Noveske is quality. I'll see if I can find a source for them.
    Last edited by cds_arms; February 2nd, 2012 at 04:13 PM.
    CDS ARMS.com - 'LIKE' Us - MG Rentals - Colt Defense AR-15 & Glock Certified Armorer

(Butler County)

Thanks for the help guys.. I appreciate it. I've been reading and learning about the AR platform..

We contend that for a nation to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle. Winston Churchill........