Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Cumberland County)

Default SA Loaded Lightweight Champion Range Report

I finally got my new Springfield Loaded Lightweight Champion to the range today. This is my first 1911 and actually the first time I shot .45 caliber. I shot a total of 50 rounds thru the 2 factory mags and a Chip McCormack 8 rounder. I didn't have one malfunction at all. I was a little wild on the first mag. Trying to get used to the trigger and the weight. The second mag was the chip McCormack and pretty much shot one hole a little to the left of the center. I definitely have a flinch I need to work on. I will say that the gun is way way more accurate than I am. There is very little felt recoil at all, I think my Glock 19 has more. I t was so fun to shoot this baby and now i know why everyone loves 1911's. She is my new baby. I shot from 15 yards. I posted the target. You can bust my balls. It's not great but i plan on shooting it a lot more.
    Last edited by pokerguy005; May 10th, 2012 at 03:45 PM.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: SA Loaded Lightweight Champion Range Report

Awesome and welcome to the club.. my first 1911 was a champion too, but decided to switch up the od frame for cerakote coyote tan you didn't shoot bad..

(Cumberland County)

Well after the first mag i got used to the trigger a little more and started putting a tighter group together. I was amazed at how easy it is to shoot and the minimal recoil. Now i know why people are bonkers for 1911's.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by pokerguy005 View Post
    Well after the first mag i got used to the trigger a little more and started putting a tighter group together. I was amazed at how easy it is to shoot and the minimal recoil. Now i know why people are bonkers for 1911's.
    Quite accurate guns, heavy frame helps with recoil even at the 4inch champion size and being the "light weight"

I still shoot better with my glocks though, lol... still need more trigger time behind the 1911 to say I'm more accurate than my g19 or g26..

I love it though...I bought mine before xmass and will be picking up a SA TRP in the coming month

Last edited by Svickstc; February 1st, 2012 at 10:54 PM.

(Cumberland County)

I am actually getting new Warren Tactical sights and a 3.5 pound trigger connector put on my G19 this week. I want to start shooting some IDPA and people say the block is more accurate with a lighter trigger. I am pretty accurate with my g19 as well. Thats a fun gun to shoot, I just didn't like the factory sights. I have a Kahr CM9 for concealed carry. Its not fun to shoot, but it definitely serves its purpose.

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Svickstc View Post
    Quite accurate guns, heavy frame helps with recoil even at the 4inch champion size and being the "light weight"

I still shoot better with my glocks though, lol... still need more trigger time behind the 1911 to say I'm more accurate than my g19 or g26..

I love it though...I bought mine before xmass and will be picking up a SA TRP in the coming month

Such a sweet looking gun by the way....they are a damn sexy firearm.

(Bucks County)

Thanks, my first EDC was my G19 and had Trijicon Night sights, while my G26 still has glock factory sights and will be receiving Trijicon's soon...

I still carry the G19, however, the 1911 has made it into the rotation now

(Cumberland County)

I can't really conceal the g19 very well. Would be good for open carry, but would print too much if i tried to conceal it. The 1911 has trijicon night sights on it. They are nice. The Warren tactical has a notched rear sight with a fiber optic front post. I heard good things about them so we shall see how they work out.

(Bucks County)

Im 6'0, 150lbs athletic build and concealed a G19 fine, maybe a better holster would have suited you better?

Good luck with the new beaut you got there!