Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Perry County)

Default NRA Endorsed firearms insurance?

I got this email today about firearms insurance that is NRA endorsed.
    Here's a link:
    http://www.locktonrisk.com/nrains/ar...ninsurance.com

Anyone use it? Is it worth it?

(Bucks County)

Default Re: NRA Endorsed firearms insurance?

I know what they say about home owners not covering guns or you needing a rider to be true.

I would like to know if the NRA covers everything or do you have to go through home owners first?

Anyone ever make a claim on the NRA insurance?

(Chester County)

If you want gun insurance I would recommend Collectibles Insurance.

See my post at http://forum.pafoa.org/general-2/835...ml#post1029822

Not only did I find them cheaper, no requiring any s/n or even a list but they also implemented a rider to ALL their policies to cover your carry pieces that I actually penned and they adopted!!! http://forum.pafoa.org/general-2/772...tml#post960601 .

Know any other insurance company that cooperative?

Disclaimer: I have no financial interest or relationship with Collectibles other than as a highly satisfied policyholder.
    IANAL

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by WWGunslinger View Post
    Anyone use it? Is it worth it?
    I'm also interested hearing what others have to say. My wife and I visited our new state farm insurance agent today and he said they offered "Personal Articles Policies". It Sounded pretty good but I'm not giving serials numbers.
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=22341&dateline=139092  6582

(Chester County)

Sadly - I Have had experience with NRA firearms insurance

They explained to me that they are not "primary" insurance coverage, they take up where your homeowners or renters insurance leaves off.

They were very helpfull and responsive over the phone - mailed claim forms out right away - followed up after i sent paper work in right away - paid very timely - no complaints on them.

I cant say same for my homeowners insurance company....

Jeff

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by K.C. View Post
    I'm also interested hearing what others have to say. My wife and I visited our new state farm insurance agent today and he said they offered "Personal Articles Policies". It Sounded pretty good but I'm not giving serials numbers.
    State farm wanted me to list all firearms by serial number and have receipts.

I checked into the NRA insurance, but didn't know how they worked out.

WOW, which State Farm is that? My agent went over my whole policy with me. My nephew used to work for him. He is in the National Guard, and ask to go to the range to shoot my AR. We had a blast. He does know that once a year my brother, and I exchange CD's with photos of our houses, and everything in them. We do that because I had a fire about thirty years ago, and you would be surprised what you forget to put on an insurance claim. Pictures are also good proof. I also have a fire proof filing cabinet in a cement block room in the basement with all my records, including photos, and serial numbers. We raised the coverage on my guns, and have sinkhole protection.

(Montgomery County)

Search for a post on building a range on private property and the discussion on insurance.

In the thread it is said that State Farm is highly inconsistent in how they treat firearm owners. They actually leave it to the agent's discretion, with no consistent home office policy.

Several people had their homeowners and liability insurance dropped, without recourse, as soon as the State Farm agent discovered that they owned firearms.

(Delaware County)

I looked into the nra insurance program recently. I did not compare their rates to too many other companies. As I recall, their rate to insure firearms from loss, theft, fire damage was about 14 dollars per 1000 dollars of coverage per year. Before doing anything, I was going to inquirer regarding whether or not the loss of a firearm would be replacement value, or value as a used gun at time of claim, which of course would be a lower dollar payment. Many years ago, I did have firearms stolen and the coverage was replacement value, but it was not nra insurance.

A few years ago I did compare the nra rates which were lower that other riders on home insurance policies which were billed at 17 dollars or more for each 1000 in coverage. Without the rider on the policy, the insurance company may not pay anything for the loss or theft of a firearm, or minimum much like what the insurance companies pay for jewelry losses.
    Last edited by c45man; February 1st, 2012 at 11:17 PM.

Fuck STATE FARM anything. 5 years and 10K out of pocket in lawyer fees to recoup my loss.

My current insurer is super awesome....I have 25K worth of rider insurance for firearms, safe, etc...cost to me is pennies.

CL

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast