Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default How good is the CZ P-07?

How good is the CZ P-07? Is it a big seller? How accurate is it? It is one of the few guns that has a bigger trigger guard then the 92fs or H&Ks. Does it hold true to CZ-75 design? It looks kind of different then most CZs. I don't see any in holster or being used.

What your take on the P-07 Duty

(Northampton County)

Default Re: How good is the CZ P-07?

Hi , Brian from EFR let me give you some backround on the the PO7 duty,it is a double action single action pistol that uses the CZ 75 omega trigger system, the original model did not have drop free mags it was designed initially for foreign military and police forces. It currently comes as a drop free mag pistol,it also comes as a decocker, but comes with additional part to allow the end user to swap out the decocker for a safety so it can be carried cocked and locked like a 1911 pistol. I carried mine as a decocker,very accurate and like weight pistol, decent trigger in single or double action. This year Cz is bring out the PO9 model a full size version of the PO7 duty in various colors ,fullsize frame and barrel, threaded barrel option and adjustable backstraps to fit to your hand, I will definitely be getting one.If you had an early PO7 and encountered any issues CZ provided excellent warranty service and tried to respond quickly to satisfy everyone , many who complained about non drop free mags received new updated pistols. I currenlty own 9 cz pistols and will buy more accuracy has always been superb as has been service. Brian / EFR
    www.EastonFirearmsRefinishing.com Owner/Operator, NRA Pistol Instructor

(Montgomery County)

I had one, and found it to be the only CZ I really didn't care for. It was reliable, but it just didn't have the right feel for me. Options worth considering (though again, the there's nothing wrong with the P-07) would be the CZ-75 Compact, and the CZ-2075 RAMI P. I have both and love 'em.
    "I don't care what went wrong. I beat the snot out of it until it works" - Clint Smith

(Bedford County)

bumping this up, anyone else have an opinion of the p-07 duty? They are pretty value priced in my book.

(Cumberland County)

Awesome gun. I regret getting rid of mine regularly. The Omega trigger giving you the option to switch from DA/SA to SAO is pretty slick too.

Get ready for this; The Glock 19 perfected. Yep. Slightly slimmer in the hand, and 100% more ergonomic. Better stock sights, better trigger. (I believe it's lighter as well.) Also has a capacity of 16 +1. It isn't without its drawbacks though. Finding a holster for it was a nightmare. If you want to carry it and aren't willing to go with a custom maker forget about it. Things might be a little better now, but last year when I had mine it was tough.
    My only other caveat was that the sights were extremely sharp, like dig into my side and draw blood sharp. That can be fixed though.

If I started carrying double stack pistols again this would probably be the one. The single action trigger was great, a little soft, but excellent. I could regularly pick shotgun hulls off a backstop at 12 yards. It was probably the one centerfire pistol I've owned that I could put a round just about anywhere at most reasonable distances anytime. I'm not quite sure why the hell I got rid if it.

Well, here are some pics.

Look, I found a little video of me shooting it.

Last edited by rwb1500; February 27th, 2012 at 08:18 PM.
    Selling off a a sizeable Spyderco collection here

(Erie County)

i also was highly interested in this gun when i got into the handgun market after deciding to trade an AK.
    ive held it. and after holding my ATI M1911 Military, and the CZ 75 B, i will say i the 75B is by far the best of the 3. the 1911 and the P07 were very close only because they have completely different feels with a lighter weight grip in the CZ and a "meaty" heft in the 1911.

its a good feeling gun but the only issue i was a bit drawn away from it was the slide in terms of size. now i know naturally with CZ slides being inside the frame opposed to outside it will make the slide seem a bit smaller. but the slide area of the CZ P07 Duty seemed very short as i can barely get 2 fingers on it to rock the slide back.
    anybody else find the slide in terms of grip size a bit small?

i do like the heavy cut serrated portion of the slide as well as the strippling just above the trigger which apparently gives the operator an off-trigger rest spot for the trigger finger
    still VERY interested in buying this one...just not sure if if i should go with the 9mm or 40s&w.

(York County)

Smile Re: How good is the CZ P-07?

RWB,

I sure am glad you got rid of it

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by hare12y View Post
    RWB,

I sure am glad you got rid of it
    Just trying to pass along the fun. I would love to get another one sometime. I go through guns like crazy, and don't often regret getting rid of one. That was one I wish I would have kept. Oh well, as long as it makes someone else happy, plenty of other fish in the sea.

(Columbia County)

I recently got a Duty and cannot compliment it enough. Very accurate piece. It's soft shooting, has great ergos, and the omega trigger is flipping fantastic. The sights are the only draw back I see. I hate plastic sights and always replace them immediately on my Glocks, unfortunately the CZ P-07 doesn't have the best aftermarket support at this point so I am waiting till some quality steel tritium sights come out for this pistol before upgrading. Also mags are about $50 shipped (ouch)! My blade-tech holster should be in for my P-07 sometime next week so I'll post up pics and a review. You can see pics of my CZ in the pictures section of this forum. I put them up about a week ago.

(Westmoreland County)

the mags are 40-42 if you look around. i like mine ALOT !! around 500 rounds of wwb and not a glitch or hesitation.the hogue grip that was suggested here by brian ahern works very well,you cant hold the gun wrong! mine needs a shorter front sight or taller rear to hit poa.it shoots low at 55 ft. shooting the steel plates @25 feet,watch out .heres a gratuitous pic of mine...........
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast