Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Bucks County)

Default ???? About buying a Long Gun

Hey guys I need some advice .Theres a guy i work with and he wants to get rid of his shot gun .Took it to the gun store and they offered him 100 bucks .So when he told me about i said dam I give it to you .So he says fine and he will pay for the transfer .Well me knowing that there isnt a transfer fee . I told him there wasnt one he said there was .So I called the shop and there is not tranfer for long guns in Pa .So know he says if they dont transfer it he wont sell to me .So my question is can we do a transfer on the serial number so he feels warm and fuzzie inside .I mean I was thinking a bill a sale with both photos ids on them signed .or id there anything i or we can do to make him feel ok about it .

(Monroe County)

Default Re: ???? About buying a Long Gun

It really depends on your co-worker. As you know he could just hand you the shotgun and be done with it. Since he is not comfortable with that would he be comfortable both signing paperwork with your addresses and maybe a photocopy of your license.

If this does not work and he wants to go to a dealer and have them put it on their books and then have you fill out paperwork and have a PICS run I do not think any sotre will turn down the money, and it would still be cheap for you if the guns free.