Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    (Venango County)

Default Re: I'm going to buy a Hi point

Quote Originally Posted by mollymayhem82 View Post
    Didn't someone start a thread where they put one in a litterbox, and shot it afterwards?
    I believe it was lycan. I don't have more than a few minutes before work, so I can't search for it.

Personally, I have one of their 9mm. Cheap, reliable, accurate,and a lifetime warranty. If you can get over the way they look, you might get a second one.
    I'm so fast, I can bump fire a bolt action.

I had a buddy that bought 3 of them the 380, 9mm and 45 acp. he was so impressed that he wanted the Carbine in 45 acp. He years later he bought a Taurus 8045 in 45 acp and he gave the HP 9mm & 380 to his step son. But he kept the 45acp HP because he wanted the carbine and pistol version. He swear by them. I couldn't get past the way the felt in hand and the way they looked.

Just for kicks might be OK in end you would have a gun that goes bang, more times then not.

I've often considered picking one up for a beater/truck gun.
    FUCK BIDEN

(Lackawanna County)

ive got a 9mm carbine. not the prettiest but its fun,.

(Tioga County)

Quote Originally Posted by NathanB View Post
    I've got a 9mm carbine. Not the prettiest, but it's fun.
    Same here. You can see every place where they saved money, but when the trigger is pulled you get a bang from the other end.

--Phil

(Carbon County)

now i want one....why did you have to start this thread?

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by mollymayhem82 View Post
    Didn't someone start a thread where they put one in a litterbox, and shot it afterwards?
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I believe it was lycan. I don't have more than a few minutes before work, so I can't search for it.

Personally, I have one of their 9mm. Cheap, reliable, accurate,and a lifetime warranty. If you can get over the way they look, you might get a second one.

Here you go.

http://forum.pafoa.org/general-2/147...dark-side.html

This should be required reading, btw.
    "There's poo in my light rail" - Classic.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Lebanon County)

I own the 9mm carbine and it is great.I am getting the 9mm handgun next month.American made and a transferable lifetime warranty on a gun that is super reliable for cheap.Sounds like a winner to me.

(Chester County)

The carbines have a reputation of being reliable and tons of fun. I would totally agree with this as my 995TS gets more rounds at the range than any of my other guns combined. The TS furniture is a lot more appealing to the eye than the old style furniture too, so they're not as ugly as they used to be. That's the carbine, I'd recomend it everyone.

As for the handgun... ehhhhh. No way. Someone said that "its better than nothing" but I'm not so sure. If you pull a handgun on a would-be evil doer and it malfunctions, you're far more likely to get shot than if you had never pulled the handgun in the first place. And a hi-point handgun is far more likely to malfunction than any other gun on the market. (Well... maybe not Bersa...) Stay away man. For another 50 bucks you can pick up a used Sigma or comparably reliable entry-level handgun.
    The Army was the biggest mistake I've ever been proud to make.

A few other instructors and I were looking for a cheap way to teach basic rifle shooting to people who did not own their own rifles and we decided that the best idea was to buy 2 Hi-Point 9mm carbines and order 5000 round packages of wolf ammo as we needed it. It was a combination of low weapon cost, cheap ammo and an incredible warranty that sold us.

Anyway, those carbines have around 11,000 rounds a piece through them and the only maintenance that has ever been done is a bore snake occasionally and a quick squirt of CLP into the action before use. They are scary accurate and super reliable. They consistently outshoot AKs at 100 yards and we don't have to baby them at all. The best part is that if they ever break or stop working, Hi-Point will fix or replace them trouble free.

They allow us to give a first steps rifle class to people who don't own their own rifle for around $100 a head with everything included. Great gun, just don't ask it to be anything its not.
    The M1. Smackin' the bastards since 1932.

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast