Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 121 of 159 FirstFirst ... 2171111117118119120121122123124125131 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,210 of 1587

Default Re: Did you go shooting today (Pic thread)

(Beaver County)

IMG_4999.jpg
    I decided with all this assault weapons talk, I'd go back to basics last night.

First time out with my new Kahles K624I scope, which replaced my horribly aging 2007 era Super Sniper straight 10x.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by The Durk View Post
    IMG_4999.jpg
    I decided with all this assault weapons talk, I'd go back to basics last night.

First time out with my new Kahles K624I scope, which replaced my horribly aging 2007 era Super Sniper straight 10x.

Really nice set-up. And groups too!
    - bamboomaster

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by bamboomaster View Post
    Really nice set-up. And groups too!
    Thanks man! It's just a standard Remington 700 Police model, 26" barreled .308. I dropped it into an AICS, had the barrel threaded, trigger cleaned up, and speed bolt attached by Short Action Customs. This is the first time everything has felt "right" when shooting. If I could do it again, I'd save for a year, buy a great optic, save the money I would have spent on a lower quality scope, and use it for a good trigger job and bolt knob.

(Chester County)

Went out to New Holland today for a black-powder session.

Earlier this summer, I figured the only way I'm gonna improve in BP competitions is to either bribe the score-keepers or PRACTICE (IMAGINE THAT!). So instead of bringing the normal bolt, semi-auto, or lever-action rifles, I've been taking out the 9lb, .36 cal smoke pole out just about once a week and usually shoot 40 rounds each session.

Well, I'm happy so far with the incremental improvement I've noticed from one range session to the next. Some of the improvement probably can be attributed to lifting weights on "off" days - holding a 15 lb dumbell in each hand in the shooting position for 15 seconds for five sets of 12 reps - with a two minute rest between each set.

Most of the matches we shoot (at a variety of targets you generally won't see elsewhere - bottles, stinkbugs, buffalo, squirrels, deer, etc.) are offhand at 25 yards.

But practice today felt real good because most of the rounds went where I wanted them to go...

36 cal percussion.jpg

36 cal close-up before cleaning.jpg

Last 4 shots of the day at 25 yds.jpg
    - bamboomaster

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by bamboomaster View Post
    Went out to New Holland today for a black-powder session.

Earlier this summer, I figured the only way I'm gonna improve in BP competitions is to either bribe the score-keepers or PRACTICE (IMAGINE THAT!). So instead of bringing the normal bolt, semi-auto, or lever-action rifles, I've been taking out the 9lb, .36 cal smoke pole out just about once a week and usually shoot 40 rounds each session.

Well, I'm happy so far with the incremental improvement I've noticed from one range session to the next. Some of the improvement probably can be attributed to lifting weights on "off" days - holding a 15 lb dumbell in each hand in the shooting position for 15 seconds for five sets of 12 reps - with a two minute rest between each set.

Most of the matches we shoot (at a variety of targets you generally won't see elsewhere - bottles, stinkbugs, buffalo, squirrels, deer, etc.) are offhand at 25 yards.

But practice today felt real good because most of the rounds went where I wanted them to go...

36 cal percussion.jpg

36 cal close-up before cleaning.jpg

Last 4 shots of the day at 25 yds.jpg
    I haven't shot black powder in quite a while. Really should get back into it more. Nice shoot'n there Tex. Beautiful rifle too. Someday I'd like to get a small bore gun like that. My cousin custom makes them, so I could get exactly what I want. $$$ though, even with the family discount.

(Bucks County)

Great shooting. I haven't shot black powder in years. We have a pretty good bunch at a club I belong to and maybe it's time I stopped in to watch them shoot.

(Allegheny County)

Shooting my little friend today. https://youtu.be/qHTPJ0Si6m4

(Cumberland County)

Finally got out today for a bit to shoot some of the recent additions! All shot flawlessly - HK shot a little left, will have to tweek. The Beretta Storm and S&W 37 were dead on. Good quick trip

"Tastefully Pimptastic"

(Cumberland County)

Great day to take a couple AR's to the range. My GWAC Nylon AR is fast becoming my favorite AR. This one is the hydro dipped wood look one. The first time I had it out the drop in trigger would get stuck after pulling, but a quick cleaning and lube fixed that. Super light rifle, accurate, and a lot of fun!
    Finally got the PSA 9mm out and started off nothing but fte's Every second round would jam. Kept up for about 50 rounds then started to settle down. By the time I left I was able to get almost a full mag to go w/o a fte. Anyone know if this is common with 9mm's ? Not sure how much of a fan I am of it, time will tell !

"Tastefully Pimptastic"

Page 121 of 159 FirstFirst ... 2171111117118119120121122123124125131 ... LastLast