Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 158 of 159 FirstFirst ... 58108148154155156157158159 LastLast
Results 1,571 to 1,580 of 1589
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: Did you go shooting today (Pic thread)

I went out again today.
    I did drift the rear Glock 17 plastic sight a bit to the right and shot 5 at 15 yds.

I did look at truglo sights. About 100.bucks. the 17 was just going to be a range gun but I think ill upgrade the sights since one fell out. Ha.

https://flic.kr/p/2pDqJbQ

Also might get another K of 124gr 9mm.
    Opinions are like anal apertures. They all stink but mine.

(Allegheny County)

I did a bunch of drills and physical stuff today; sadly, I’ve got no pics as I was solo.

Started the day with lifting and cardio in my home gym. Then made my princesses breakfast (queen only got coffee lol.

Went up to CSC and claimed an action bay to myself. Lucky to do so, as all of the other action bays were being used by the gamey USPSA “practical” shooters!

- cold starts pistol from concealment on the timer.. Bill Drills, El Présidente, etc

-coldish carbine drills… 1-ups, 2-2-4-2-2s, run a few laps and then repeats, 2R1s, etc

- transition to secondary, retreat sort my shit out and push forward again sorta stuff

Then setup barrels and stuff to do some threshold/doorway work with both rifle & pistol… rolled around on the ground, barricades, got all muddy.. It was great!

(Allegheny County)

I just rocked it again - gorgeous sunny day to be out too* Had more of an EDC / rapid response sorta training day.

I think I need to take some more advanced dynamic classes. I*m impressing myself with my abilities - so time to shake up my comfort zone.
    F*S=k

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by ScaredOnce View Post
    so time to shake up my comfort zone.
    Try a USPSA match if you want to feel like you're in over your head
    In America arms are free merchandise such that anyone who has the capital may make their houses into armories and their gardens into parks of artillery. - Ira Allen, 1796

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by JoshIronshaft View Post
    Try a USPSA match if you want to feel like you're in over your head

Yes - good call.

I did one awhile back and a couple "Outlaw Steel" shoots at CSC recently. I tried not to "game-ify" it, as some of the regulars seemed to advise. Just worked my fundamentals etc. My kit was setup for me/tactical. So I found it to be a great way to put myself in an unfamiliar situation and see what I could do. I'd like to try doing those from concealment/EDC... Not sure if that's allowed?
    F*S=k

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by ScaredOnce View Post
    Yes - good call.

I did one awhile back and a couple "Outlaw Steel" shoots at CSC recently. I tried not to "game-ify" it, as some of the regulars seemed to advise. Just worked my fundamentals etc. My kit was setup for me/tactical. So I found it to be a great way to put myself in an unfamiliar situation and see what I could do. I'd like to try doing those from concealment/EDC... Not sure if that's allowed?
    My advice would be to participate in the game as everyone else is, go fast and play the game. Here are my reasons why:

- it's fun

- competition with others is good for you, don't handicap yourself by drawing from concealment, then you don't know how you're comparing to people who are good at shooting fast and accurately.

- I've been shooting USPSA for over 10 years. I can shoot a handgun accurately and faster than the average gun owner. Big deal. But there are two other things that USPSA can help you learn to do faster.

A - Seeing. Over time I've trained my eyes to see faster. I can see my hits faster. I can move my eyes between targets faster. I can tell where I hit the steel and if it's going to fall, so I can decide to fire another shot or if it is ok to move to the next target. This is probably the hardest thing to maintain. I have to shoot regularly to keep this skill working.

B - Mental processing under stress. This is probably the biggest takeaway from USPSA for anyone. For some people performing in front of a crowd while being timed is incredibly stressful. For others it's less so, but usually everyone feels a little stress. Now, the goal of USPSA is to execute your pre-determined plan as quickly as possible with no mistakes. This requires all the mental processing speed you have. Your plan might go to hell and you have to figure out a solution, fast. As you shoot more USPSA, and push yourself to perform at a higher rate, your mental processing speed will go up. Eventually you learn to tune out the stress of performing in front of a crowd. So now you know how to tune out stress while performing a complex task with a gun and your brain works faster. That is a very valuable skill to pair with having a gun in your hand.

"USPSA will get you killed in the streets" has officially been debunked but the idea still circulates. To people who say that, I ask them if they can only use their self defense skills while standing at the range, flat footed, slow firing into a target. No, we are adaptive creatures. You are smart enough to be able to use a gun laying on your back, or while seated in your car, just like you can pull a gun out and not go into full USPSA game mode. You can go into slow and steady room clearing mode instead.
    In America arms are free merchandise such that anyone who has the capital may make their houses into armories and their gardens into parks of artillery. - Ira Allen, 1796

Next range trip coming up this week. Need to get the AR9 pistol out.

Theres a challenge on the table, aptly named the Deadpool headshot challenge. 25yds 1 mag 10rds shoot a smiley face into a standard silhouette target. Anyone here up to the task?

Bonus points if you do it with an actual pistol. Extra bonus points if you do it with iron sights.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Woodwanderer View Post
    Next range trip coming up this week. Need to get the AR9 pistol out.

Theres a challenge on the table, aptly named the Deadpool headshot challenge. 25yds 1 mag 10rds shoot a smiley face into a standard silhouette target. Anyone here up to the task?

Bonus points if you do it with an actual pistol. Extra bonus points if you do it with iron sights.
    No, but...

...at that distance, I can put every round into the head of a silhouette with a pistol.

(Philadelphia County)

Here's a challenge for you

100 rounds of 22.

redstar.jpg
    Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Quote Originally Posted by Sparks View Post
    Here's a challenge for you

100 rounds of 22.

redstar.jpg
    As long as its not an air compressor powered thompson bb gun with cocked sights, lets go

Page 158 of 159 FirstFirst ... 58108148154155156157158159 LastLast