Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 127 of 159 FirstFirst ... 2777117123124125126127128129130131137 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,270 of 1583
    (Tioga County)

Default Re: Did you go shooting today (Pic thread)

My son and I jumped on the bikes and rode to the range yesterday afternoon, he with a rifle across his back. It was a nice day for both riding and shooting.

MikeP

(Lycoming County)

Took my daughter out with me and my father today. First time behind the trigger on anything. She had a blast and my dad remarked how it was probably 35 years ago almost exactly since him and I went over the same lessons.

Just working on sight alignment and trigger squeeze for now.

(Washington County)

After Tuesday night league ended, we set up two of our seven electronic targets with this scenario: Two targets will pop-up on the start of the sequence with a hit anywhere in the white will drop the targets, once both targets are hit, the timer will stop. One target was at 9 feet and other target was at 21 feet about 15 feet apart.

The shooter starts with two magazines with each magazine having one round. On command, shooter charges the weapon and places it back in the holster. The shooter then places hands on their chest, on the tone, shooter draws and shoots the first target, changes magazine, then shoots the second target.

My best time was 2.89 seconds.

Next Tuesday we will put 5 targets up at 10 feet with each one requiring one hit to drop with each magazine having 4 rounds to force at magazine change. Winning time should be around 7 to 8 seconds. If anyone here wants to join in, next week is free admission.

Last edited by WCMG; October 18th, 2018 at 03:36 PM.
    Washington County Machine Guns & Tactical Range -- CMP Affiliated Club -- FFL 07 / FFL 10 / FEL 20 / SOT 02 / ITAR
    Largest MG Rental Business on the entire East Coast. M2HB, M9 Flamethrower, M67 Grenades, M240 Bravo, M249 SAW, M1919, RPD, M60, Bowling Ball Mortar.
    Now offering High-Explosive Classes (Open to the Public)

(Cumberland County)

That's awesome. Enjoy, they grow up fast - luckily mine still likes to go shooting with her old man

Quote Originally Posted by R L Suehr View Post
    Took my daughter out with me and my father today. First time behind the trigger on anything. She had a blast and my dad remarked how it was probably 35 years ago almost exactly since him and I went over the same lessons.

Just working on sight alignment and trigger squeeze for now.

"Tastefully Pimptastic"

(Luzerne County)

From last week,

My wife shooting it up at The Cabin Armory and Training center with my Glock 26, while I've made the switch to my hunting guns and was shooting my Ruger .44 Mag Super Blackhawk.

(Allegheny County)

I took a young lady to the range today.
    She wanted to try a few guns.
    She shot a Kahr CW9, Colt 1991 A1, S&W model 66 with .38s, S&W Shield in 9mm, Ruger RedHawk in .44 mag, Glock 17, Glock 23 and Glock 32.

We finished up with a Chinese AK.

She liked the G17 but really liked the G32 in .357sig.

https://www.flickr.com/gp/101828248@N08/44cg34

https://flic.kr/p/Q5HD8W

Mary with Ruger RedHawk in .44 magnum by poofy27, on Flickr
    Last edited by 27hand; October 19th, 2018 at 07:41 PM.
    Opinions are like anal apertures. They all stink but mine.

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve in PA View Post
    From last week,

My wife shooting it up at The Cabin Armory and Training center with my Glock 26, while I've made the switch to my hunting guns and was shooting my Ruger .44 Mag Super Blackhawk.

My super Blackhawk looks almost identical to yours. I have a Bushnell reflex sight though.

(Luzerne County)

I put a Burris Fastfire 3 on it earlier this year. Without wearing my cheaters, it was becoming difficult to cleanly see the front sight. And, if I’m wearing my cheaters, everything down range is blurry. So, the Burris seems to be just the ticket.

(Allegheny County)

I put a Burris Fastfire 3 on it earlier this year. Without wearing my cheaters, it was becoming difficult to cleanly see the front sight. And, if I’m wearing my cheaters, everything down range is blurry. So, the Burris seems to be just the ticket.
    I am trying to figure out what the heck to do as i tried my 2.5 readers under my safety glasses a few days ago and that was really distracting and uncomfortable plus I too have trouble with the front sight unless my readers are on. Then I can’t see the target ! I am not sure what to do. The all blurry sights (i am slightly farsighted) is causing my hits to not be where they used to be when my vision was better

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by Just1more View Post
    I am trying to figure out what the heck to do as i tried my 2.5 readers under my safety glasses a few days ago and that was really distracting and uncomfortable plus I too have trouble with the front sight unless my readers are on. Then I can’t see the target ! I am not sure what to do. The all blurry sights (i am slightly farsighted) is causing my hits to not be where they used to be when my vision was better
    Yeah, me getting old and blind had absolutely nothing to do with me putting one on................ I can't even say that with a straight face.

I've tried mine out to 50yds so far and I'm hitting decent. A couple more range trips and I might be able to ring steel at 100 again. Should be gtg by deer season.

Page 127 of 159 FirstFirst ... 2777117123124125126127128129130131137 ... LastLast