Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 159 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast
    (Cambria County)

Default Re: Did you go shooting today (Pic thread)

Quote Originally Posted by 17nut View Post
    That cannon is SICK! Any details on it. Like where do I get one??? Is it Black powder??
    sure.. i built it.. cost me a maximum of 275$. hard to see but the barrel is 36inches. i purchased a die to thread the inside if the barrel. i bought a 16inch bolt and threaded it in about 6-8inches in the barrel. then i drilled a hole vertically through the barrel and bolt. then i put a bolt in the hole, a few inches further up the barrel i drilled a hole horizontally and did the same...just to give it some added strength. i used some 1.75" square tube (my dad brought it home from work) or the carriage. i bought the wheels from harbor freight. and had a piece fo sheet steel for the shield. any questions lemme know id be more than happy to awnser. o and i used black powder the first 15-20 shots...but switched over to pyrodex the last 5 or so shots because its cheaper in my area and it seems easier to clean. however with pyrodex the ball has to be pretty snug in the barrel and it has to be seated really good.
    -Dan

went out to throw a few rounds down range
    Attached Images Attached Images

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by apocalypticpyro View Post
    sure.. i built it.. cost me a maximum of 275$. hard to see but the barrel is 36inches. i purchased a die to thread the inside if the barrel. i bought a 16inch bolt and threaded it in about 6-8inches in the barrel. then i drilled a hole vertically through the barrel and bolt. then i put a bolt in the hole, a few inches further up the barrel i drilled a hole horizontally and did the same...just to give it some added strength. i used some 1.75" square tube (my dad brought it home from work) or the carriage. i bought the wheels from harbor freight. and had a piece fo sheet steel for the shield. any questions lemme know id be more than happy to awnser. o and i used black powder the first 15-20 shots...but switched over to pyrodex the last 5 or so shots because its cheaper in my area and it seems easier to clean. however with pyrodex the ball has to be pretty snug in the barrel and it has to be seated really good.
    Home-built cannon? Any chance of getting some hi-res photos and a little more detail on the building process over in the Gunsmithing section? I think I could convince my wife to let me keep some of my scrap metal collection if I showed her that.
    "Cave Johnson. We're done here."

(Cambria County)

Quote Originally Posted by legendarylorot View Post
    Home-built cannon? Any chance of getting some hi-res photos and a little more detail on the building process over in the Gunsmithing section? I think I could convince my wife to let me keep some of my scrap metal collection if I showed her that.
    haha ill try this week some time i might bust it out for a hour after work. PITA to fold my back seats down, lift it (~50lbs), drive to the range, and unload it. the look on ppls faces when you pull a cannon out of your trunk...priceless hahaha
    -Dan

(Wyoming County)

another day in the back yard.
    "I quote no authors but God and experience" Principles Osteopathy

(Schuylkill County)

^^^^^Nice! I love table full of guns pics!

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by shooker8 View Post

another day in the back yard.
    Is that an ACOG on top of the FS? I am so dam close to getting a FS and would like to hear your first hand opinion. I already had a SCAR and Five Seven so I know that FN makes a great product, I just can't decide between the FS or the PS90 (yes I know very different guns) that is why I am leaning towards the FS because of the 5.56.

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by 4tun8 View Post
    From today's range trip

You sir, are a fucking PAFOA success story. I remember your first posts and all the shit you took. Look at you now. Thanks for sticking around. Rep inbound.
    Selling off a a sizeable Spyderco collection here

(Wyoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by ACRblaze View Post
    Is that an ACOG on top of the FS? I am so dam close to getting a FS and would like to hear your first hand opinion. I already had a SCAR and Five Seven so I know that FN makes a great product, I just can't decide between the FS or the PS90 (yes I know very different guns) that is why I am leaning towards the FS because of the 5.56.
    That one was a good friend of mines who is getting out of the marines in march. He didn't like it and I had some problems with it. The biggest problem was it did not take some mags like Pmags and no mags drop free. Reloads with the rifle basically suck due to the design although it gives you a very compact rifle. It shot pretty good also, but a quality di ar15 would out shoot it. I would recommend it though, but like every system it has down falls.

edit
    We never had any jams or malfunctions also. It fired everything from wolf to precision reloads.
    Forgot to answer yes it was an acog on a the fs
    Last edited by shooker8; February 8th, 2012 at 09:20 PM.
    "I quote no authors but God and experience" Principles Osteopathy

(Schuylkill County)

No diehards go out in this 20 degree weather??

Page 3 of 159 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast