Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 156 of 159 FirstFirst ... 56106146152153154155156157158159 LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,560 of 1590
    (Westmoreland County)

Default Re: Did you go shooting today (Pic thread)

Shot these again today. Didn't realize the photos would be so close together. Nor, did I realize the photos would load upside down.

20231223_165346.jpg

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by JAKIII View Post
    Does anyone ever shoot other than off of a bench anymore, (i.e., off-hand)?
    I only use bench for zeroing new optics precisely.

I shoot a lot. I RO a lot too.

I definitely avoid anything but dynamic/action practice & training... try to always begin with cold-starts from EDC concealment/etc. once a week. and do full-kit once a week too.

I've tried some of the "gamey" competitions lately too.. to change it up... I guess it was okay to try something different, but I didn't have the right color spandex to fit in. lol
    F*S=k

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by ScaredOnce View Post

I definitely avoid anything but dynamic/action practice & training... try to always begin with cold-starts from EDC concealment/etc. once a week. and do full-kit once a week too.

I've tried some of the "gamey" competitions lately too.. to change it up... I guess it was okay to try something different, but I didn't have the right color spandex to fit in. lol
    On new years eve, the kids (20 somethings) at my club are conducting a night shoot at our tactical range. They all show up with their tactical gear and run the course individually for time. Afterwards they have a bond fire and food. Not my thing, but they all have a great time.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by JAKIII View Post
    On new years eve, the kids (20 somethings) at my club are conducting a night shoot at our tactical range. They all show up with their tactical gear and run the course individually for time. Afterwards they have a bond fire and food. Not my thing, but they all have a great time.
    That sounds like a great time! I wish I was a 20something... Double that! :/

Our program does a few of those a year, by invitation-only. A lot of those that participate are LEO or other similar professionals. The next one is in a week. We also run the shoothouse setups in teams - so safety is a must (of course) and it takes a lot of trust. It's cool for me as a Civ RO participant to hit it with a mix of guys who are SWAT, contractors, military, etc..

I was at the range today solo, shaking-down my kit to ensure I'm squared away. Put about 500 downrange: Moving, shooting, communicating.. Dealing with malfunctions, transitioning to secondary, switching to backup light sources, etc.

I spit my training time 50/50 between typical "couch mode" with cold starts dressed as usual going from concealed / rifle not ready but close... then also full-kit and ready to rock. I love how much it teaches me that I suck and need to keep at it.

Last edited by ScaredOnce; December 30th, 2023 at 12:58 PM. Reason: Struggles with pics* h.
    F*S=k

(Lackawanna County)

If you really want to get good USPSA is where it is.

(Washington County)

That sounds like a great time! I wish I was a 20something... Double that! :/

Our program does a few of those a year, by invitation-only. A lot of those that participate are LEO or other similar professionals. The next one is in a week. We also run the shoothouse setups in teams - so safety is a must (of course) and it takes a lot of trust. It's cool for me as a Civ RO participant to hit it with a mix of guys who are SWAT, contractors, military, etc..

I was at the range today solo, shaking-down my kit to ensure I'm squared away. Put about 500 downrange: Moving, shooting, communicating.. Dealing with malfunctions, transitioning to secondary, switching to backup light sources, etc.

I spit my training time 50/50 between typical "couch mode" with cold starts dressed as usual going from concealed / rifle not ready but close... then also full-kit and ready to rock. I love how much it teaches me that I suck and need to keep at it.
    Clear out your PMs, your inbox is full.

If you want some more night shoot reps there is one I help run this Friday evening at a local PGH club.

Here is video from a Clairton night shoot 9 years ago! I was ROing that night. Good times...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4I9gUBe1EM&t=244s
    In America arms are free merchandise such that anyone who has the capital may make their houses into armories and their gardens into parks of artillery. - Ira Allen, 1796

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by JoshIronshaft View Post
    Clear out your PMs, your inbox is full.

If you want some more night shoot reps there is one I help run this Friday evening at a local PGH club.

Here is video from a Clairton night shoot 9 years ago! I was ROing that night. Good times...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4I9gUBe1EM&t=244s
    Fantastic - I think I’ve seen some of your videos previously. Thanks.

I am always down to join more shoots/ training of this sorta nature.

(Inbox has been tidied up! Hadn’t used it since 2009 - lol!)

(Washington County)

Fantastic - I think I*ve seen some of your videos previously. Thanks.

I am always down to join more shoots/ training of this sorta nature.

(Inbox has been tidied up! Hadn*t used it since 2009 - lol!)
    I just tried to send you a PM and it still says your message storage is full. Try deleting your sent messages.
    In America arms are free merchandise such that anyone who has the capital may make their houses into armories and their gardens into parks of artillery. - Ira Allen, 1796

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by JoshIronshaft View Post
    I just tried to send you a PM and it still says your message storage is full. Try deleting your sent messages.
    Apologies… they should be cleared now!

(Allegheny County)

Finally got my 700 5r out with my hand loads and pretty impressed with this rifle. Picked it up last year and took it out Saturday for the first time. Shot 3 5 shot groups at 100 yds.

Today was a good day!

Page 156 of 159 FirstFirst ... 56106146152153154155156157158159 LastLast