Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 155 of 160 FirstFirst ... 55105145151152153154155156157158159 ... LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,550 of 1591
    (Berks County)

Default Re: Did you go shooting today (Pic thread)

Quote Originally Posted by JAKIII View Post
    Does anyone ever shoot other than off of a bench anymore, (i.e., off-hand)?
    I don't shoot a whole lot but my MO is to dial it in on a bench then shoot off-hand. There is no use in shooting off-hand if you don't know what you can expect from your gun. As a yute, I had a steady hand and could shoot well with my pellet gun but I'm nowhere near as steady as I used to be. I'm not real aggressive about doing much of anything but I am in the process of building an accurate load for my 338 WINMAG, which I would like to get fairly accurate with off-hand once I have my round sorted out. I have a good sling for it as well, to assist with that goal.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Elk County)

Personally, seldom do I shoot from a bench. I can still see open sights and ghost rings, and I own two rifles that have scopes. All others are open-sighted. I'm still rock-steady when shooting offhand. If I can hit standing claybirds on the 100 yard berm offhand, all is well.

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

(Bucks County)

I do, my oldest in the picture above more than my youngest daughter. Can*t remember the last time I shot an AR from the bench when I wasn*t sighting it in or checking it. Steel plates and/or reactive/splatter targets + offhand is a much more enjoyable shooting experience for me.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    I don't shoot a whole lot but my MO is to dial it in on a bench then shoot off-hand. There is no use in shooting off-hand if you don't know what you can expect from your gun. As a yute, I had a steady hand and could shoot well with my pellet gun but I'm nowhere near as steady as I used to be. I'm not real aggressive about doing much of anything but I am in the process of building an accurate load for my 338 WINMAG, which I would like to get fairly accurate with off-hand once I have my round sorted out. I have a good sling for it as well, to assist with that goal.
    Of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Noah_Zark View Post
    Personally, seldom do I shoot from a bench. I can still see open sights and ghost rings, and I own two rifles that have scopes. All others are open-sighted. I'm still rock-steady when shooting offhand. If I can hit standing claybirds on the 100 yard berm offhand, all is well.

Noah
    200 yards on the USMC qualification course used to be gravy when my eyes were 23 years old.

Quote Originally Posted by Palerider View Post
    I do, my oldest in the picture above more than my youngest daughter. Can*t remember the last time I shot an AR from the bench when I wasn*t sighting it in or checking it. Steel plates and/or reactive/splatter targets + offhand is a much more enjoyable shooting experience for me.
    Roger that.

(Allegheny County)

I took the crossbow out today.
    Checked the bolts, waxed the strings, lubed the rails and shot one bolt offhand at 20 yards.

https://flic.kr/p/2oWkgbF

I'll take it to the range and shoot off a few bags out to 50.

The furthest archery shot I ever made on a deer was 31 yards a couple years ago.

I shoot this bow off hand quite a bit.
    Since this model has no decocking ability, I shoot into a discharge bag at the end of every hunt day at 17 yards.
    That's a practice shot or 2 every day.

Let the deer parade begin.
    Opinions are like anal apertures. They all stink but mine.

(Chester County)

Not today but earlier this week, I took a buddy shooting at my cousin's range that's about 3 1/2 miles from my home. My buddy is an Army vet who just moved back from CA several months ago and stocked up on firearms, most of which we took with us. We dialed in his Andro Corp. AR15 @ 50 yards, he got more trigger time on his Sig P320 and his S&W 686, 6" revolver. We also both shot my M&P9, Sub2000 in 40 S&W, and my Shockwave 20 ga. I also brought along a Taurus 82s that I recently bought for a song, just to function check it.

He's been having right shoulder issues, and the Mossberg 590 12 ga. he bought has been causing him pain, so I wanted him to shoot the 20 ga. Shockwave with #3 buckshot. He liked it, I like it, and it is easily controllable for an adult male, even with shoulder issues. We both shot the 40 s&w, Sub2000 well with a Holosun mini RDS mounted at a 45° offset and the 40 caliber holes were more impressive at 25 yards than the smaller .25(#3 buck) & .30 caliberish holes.

I wouldn't hesitate to rely on the .40 Sub2000 or Shockwave in a CQB situation.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by eatmydust View Post
    Not today but earlier this week, I took a buddy shooting at my cousin's range that's about 3 1/2 miles from my home. My buddy is an Army vet who just moved back from CA several months ago and stocked up on firearms, most of which we took with us. We dialed in his Andro Corp. AR15 @ 50 yards, he got more trigger time on his Sig P320 and his S&W 686, 6" revolver. We also both shot my M&P9, Sub2000 in 40 S&W, and my Shockwave 20 ga. I also brought along a Taurus 82s that I recently bought for a song, just to function check it.

He's been having right shoulder issues, and the Mossberg 590 12 ga. he bought has been causing him pain, so I wanted him to shoot the 20 ga. Shockwave with #3 buckshot. He liked it, I like it, and it is easily controllable for an adult male, even with shoulder issues. We both shot the 40 s&w, Sub2000 well with a Holosun mini RDS mounted at a 45° offset and the 40 caliber holes were more impressive at 25 yards than the smaller .25(#3 buck) & .30 caliberish holes.

I wouldn't hesitate to rely on the .40 Sub2000 or Shockwave in a CQB situation.
    C'mon man, this is a pic thread.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    C'mon man, this is a pic thread.
    Yeah, I wasn't thinking about this thread when we were shooting, my bad.

(Westmoreland County)

I haven't shot much since the Potato Head has been in office. Ammo shortage followed by incredibly high inflation has made range time unaffordable for me. I purchased the top and bottom rifles when the King was in office. I had a good bit of disposable income back then. I recently put together the Geissele and wanted to zero the red dot. Yeah, I know--disposable income. I am in debt over the Geissele. I had no problem purchasing the other two when Trump was in office. I also purchased that Aimpoint Pro when Trump was in office--got from Gander Mountain during their liquidation for $189 out the door. Oh, those were the days--three months before the Kung Flu.

(Chester County)

Hosted LineWalker at Tri-Town this afternoon... it was a great time and he let me shoot his Mosin.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by JAKIII; November 12th, 2023 at 06:48 PM.

Page 155 of 160 FirstFirst ... 55105145151152153154155156157158159 ... LastLast