Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 125 of 159 FirstFirst ... 2575115121122123124125126127128129135 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,250 of 1587

Default Re: Did you go shooting today (Pic thread)

Quote Originally Posted by cruzans View Post
    Thanks, will consider that too !
    If that doesn't work, you can transfer the pistol to me for long term testing.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Cumberland County)

Is it your color - lol.

Quote Originally Posted by alpacaheat View Post
    If that doesn't work, you can transfer the pistol to me for long term testing.
    "Tastefully Pimptastic"

(Warren County)

Took Daughter in law out back for shooting 101.

Covered the 4 rules.

Took a small Taurus 22 and tried a few rounds.
    That was met with lukewarm enthusiasm.

Next was the hi point c9.
    BIG HIT! The mass of that bigass slide soaked up the recoil and she was back on target quickly.
    The trigger worked for her and the holes appeared where she was aiming!

Next was the Kel Tec p11.
    NAzzo much fun, as the trigger suckage resulted in hits all over the place.

We wrapped it up with the M&P 40, which was more recoil,even with plinking loads.
    However, I am developing a taste for it, and may even keep the gun.

After, I had her read a couple of essays.

Marko Kloos` excellent work

https://munchkinwrangler.wordpress.c...-civilization/

When I carry a gun, you cannot deal with me by force. You have to use reason and try to persuade me, because I have a way to negate your threat or employment of force. The gun is the only personal weapon that puts a 100-pound woman on equal footing with a 220-pound mugger, a 75-year old retiree on equal footing with a 19-year old gangbanger, and a single gay guy on equal footing with a carload of drunk guys with baseball bats. The gun removes the disparity in physical strength, size, or numbers between a potential attacker and a defender.
    https://apholt.com/2015/03/17/thou-s...lt-not-murder/

And a discussion on then 6th commandment

The second major objection to citing Exodus 20:13 as a prohibition on killing is that it is based on an incorrect translation of the verse. It should be translated as “Thou shalt not murder” rather than “Thou shalt not kill,” and there is quite a moral distinction between the two terms.
    I may not know Hebrew, but I know of many scholars who do, and they all agree that the proper translation of Exodus 20:13 is “Thou shalt not murder.” As Professor Berel Lang of Trinity College in Hartford, Connecticut has noted:

“The original Hebrew, lo tirtsah., is very clear, since the verb ratsah. means ‘murder,’ not ‘kill.’ If the commandment proscribed killing as such, it would position Judaism against capital punishment and make it pacifist even in wartime. These may be defensible or admirable views, but they’re certainly not biblical.”

See http://forward.com/articles/6091/on-...#ixzz3UVUsv589

Indeed, not only do Jewish translations of Exodus 20:13 include use of the word “murder,” rather than “kill,” but most Christian versions of the Bible have also made the switch over the course of the later twentieth-century.

As Philologos notes in his January 9, 2004 essay on the topic for The Jewish Daily Forward:

“This argument [the use of murder in place of kill] has not been taken lightly by contemporary Christian scholarship. On the contrary, it has had a great effect, so much so that the majority of contemporary Christian Bible translations into English have changed the Sixth Commandment’s “kill” to “murder.” These translations include the British New International Version (1973), the New King James Version (1983), the New Living Translation (1996), the New American Standard Bible (2000), and the 2002 Message Bible. (The earliest English Bible to do this, apparently, was the 1898 Young’s Literal Translation of the Bible, which in this respect predated even the 1917 Jewish Publication Society’s The Holy Scriptures According to the Masoretic Text.)”

See http://forward.com/articles/6091/on-...#ixzz3UVVecV35

What then, as my students sometimes wonder, is the distinction between killing and murder? Although they intuitively sense there is a difference, it is always popular discussion when we engage the topic in class.

Primarily, it is a legal distinction. All murder involves killing, but not all killings are considered murders. Murder represents an unlawful killing. Soldiers who kill in combat during the course of a war, for example, kill their enemies, but such killings have not typically been considered murder. Similarly, a state may kill/execute murderers for their crimes, but the representatives of such states would not see their execution as equivalent to what the murderer did. In both of these examples, the killing is done by representatives of the state and is therefore, technically, legal. There is also a moral distinction. In some cases, private citizens can kill someone without charge. A car driver may accidently hit a jaywalking pedestrian, killing them, but this is not seen as “murder.” Similarly, a woman may shoot an attacker in self-defense, killing him, but of course killing in self defense is not typically seen as murder.

Ve4y good evening with a New shooter
    American by BIRTH, Infidel by CHOICE

Quote Originally Posted by cruzans View Post
    Is it your color - lol.
    I support ladies' guns.

Great post, Grand Member Mark.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Allegheny County)

A couple buddies of mine took a one day handgun class on Sunday.
    I stayed for moral support and corrected a few fundamentals issues they had but did not shoot.
    Today, I went out to my club and ran a few pistols.

I did not shoot well and am taking a 3 day class over Memorial day, so need to brush up a bit to get up to speed.
    One of the drills will involve shooting on the move from 25 yards out and to the target with a reload enroute.

This target is about the 3rd or 4th run.

2018-05-02_10-25-23 by poofy27, on Flickr

I stopped to get recaffinated.

2018-05-02_10-24-50 by poofy27, on Flickr

Then ran a short string from about 12 to 15 yards from the seated position.

20180502_123728 by poofy27, on Flickr

Eventually, I got out to 50 yards and fired 3 rounds.
    Unfortunately, I missed one.
    2018-05-02_10-25-04 by poofy27, on Flickr

Practice practice. I ran about 250 rounds and ended up hitting better with the .40 than the 9mm.
    Opinions are like anal apertures. They all stink but mine.

(Lycoming County)

Finally mounted a scope on my American ranch in 7.62×39 and got some time behind the trigger yesterday.

I got an initial zero at 25, then rezeroed for 100. Ran 124gr Tula, 122gr Golden Tiger, and 123gr Hornady Black. So far the Golden Tiger was my best group at 1.5" or so. I think the Hornady might be able to do better. I ran out of time, but it showed promise putting 3 of the 5 rounds in a tight group less than an inch.

Hopefully, I can get out again this week. I'd like to try that ammo again and maybe stretch it's legs out another couple hundred yards.

Today was my birthday and I took my super dag Riley to the range with me. This was his first time at the range and I wanted to get him used to hearing gunshots. He did great with the gunshots as there was another member at the range, so he was hearing multiple shots at the same time.

Great day.

I had trap league tonight, shot a 23.
    I always stressed to my son"one shot one kill that was all that is needed". When He came home from Marine Corp Boot camp He was telling me about the Marines stressing "ONE SHOT ONE KILL" He looks at me and the light bulb went on Dad was now a whole lot smarter than he was 13 weeks ago.

(Lackawanna County)

Got out last weekend for a little fun
    https://imgur.com/gallery/OtITNFw

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by 27hand View Post
    A couple buddies of mine took a one day handgun class on Sunday.
    I stayed for moral support and corrected a few fundamentals issues they had but did not shoot.
    Today, I went out to my club and ran a few pistols.

I did not shoot well and am taking a 3 day class over Memorial day, so need to brush up a bit to get up to speed.
    One of the drills will involve shooting on the move from 25 yards out and to the target with a reload enroute.

This target is about the 3rd or 4th run.

I stopped to get recaffinated.

2018-05-02_10-24-50 by poofy27, on Flickr

Practice practice. I ran about 250 rounds and ended up hitting better with the .40 than the 9mm.
    Nice earrings!

Page 125 of 159 FirstFirst ... 2575115121122123124125126127128129135 ... LastLast