Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 122 of 159 FirstFirst ... 2272112118119120121122123124125126132 ... LastLast
Results 1,211 to 1,220 of 1584

Default Re: Did you go shooting today (Pic thread)

I have heard of the same issues with 9mm PSAs,dont know if it really needs to be worked or not but will put one off for the time being,Happy to say my Highpoint Carbine out of the box and never been cleaned in over 1,500 rounds with no issues. Thats what I want out of the PSA 9mm AR !

(Cumberland County)

Yup, I have a hi point too - nickel version - kinda like polishing a turd . But goes bang every time!

(Delaware County)

Going to the range tomorrow. Picked up a Colt 6450 9mm and want to try it out. Going to take a few different rounds with me to check overall function...this is going to be my new HD rifle, if it behaves.

(Westmoreland County)

Went to the public range in Dunbar today. I put new optics on my Opap (Primary Arms 3x ACSS), Wasr (Vortex Sparc--just doesn't look right on my Wasr), and Ar (Sig Romeo 5). I wanted to sight those in and wanted to try out my new (to me) Persian Mauser and Type 53. They made some nice improvements at the range--it's now covered and has new benches.
    I was not able to figure out where the Wasr and Opap were shooting. I'll have to make another trip to get those sighted in--both were waaaayyyyyyyy off. The AR was pretty easy to sight in. The Mauser didn't shoot as well as I hoped, but I really don't shoot Mausers well due to the sights not agreeing with my eyes. The Type 53 shot pretty much dead-on.
    Last edited by Cville; December 4th, 2017 at 02:34 AM.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by cruzans View Post
    Great day to take a couple AR's to the range. My GWAC Nylon AR is fast becoming my favorite AR. This one is the hydro dipped wood look one. The first time I had it out the drop in trigger would get stuck after pulling, but a quick cleaning and lube fixed that. Super light rifle, accurate, and a lot of fun!
    Finally got the PSA 9mm out and started off nothing but fte's Every second round would jam. Kept up for about 50 rounds then started to settle down. By the time I left I was able to get almost a full mag to go w/o a fte. Anyone know if this is common with 9mm's ? Not sure how much of a fan I am of it, time will tell !

I have a PSA AR9. The only issues I ever had with it was with a 33rd glock mag. Id I loaded more than 20 in it, I would fte. The clear mag that came with it and 17 rd mags worked perfectly.

(Westmoreland County)

Went to the Dunbar range again today. Finally got the Opap sighted in. I spent most of my time sighting that in. Took my newly acquired 91/30, Remington 03a3, Wasr, AR, and RC K98k. Only got to pop off a few shots with the 03a3, 91/30, and Wasr due to a loss of daylight. The AR was dead on. I was picking off left over pieces of pumpkin easily at 50 yards (somebody else shot a pumpkin and left it's remnants at the range). Below are some pics of the 03a3 I took over the summer. It's a really nice looking rifle. Stock looks like it was never used. It came covered in grease when I bought it. The sling is for a Thompson, but it fits the 03a3 well and looks pretty good.

(York County)

My son and I went to the range yesterday. A nice, crisp morning at WSSA.

rangetrip121717.jpg

(Bucks County)

Daniel Defense 308 with Federal Sierra Match King 168 gr ammo. The target posted is my first one of the day cold, out and of the truck at 200 yards. I'm really trying to get solid groups immediately upon starting. The shot off to the right is my first one. Pissed me off, need to be better on trigger. It's a Geisselle SSA 2 stage, I didn't get as clean of a break as I wanted even after telling myself I would. The second five are the ones immediately following.

My club is only out to 200 yards. For 2018 I want to start going farther and will need to find another range.

The 200 yard stand is the white dot back and to the right of the 100 yard set up more visible in the pic.

IMG_0245.jpg

IMG_2139.jpg

(York County)

I finally got to take my new AR to the range after like 2 weeks. It was an interesting trip too.

I took my sister who has a little Beretta .25 shes never shot before with me, and when we got there the rifle side was packed so we shot the pistol. I dont know what was up with that little thing, but neither of us could hit the broadside of a barn with it. I gave up after 12 shots, but she went through the rest of a 50 box. Eventually she managed to put a couple shots on paper. After we were done with the pistol, she was messing with the magazine, and said "Look at this, I didnt know this came off" and starting sliding the base plate back and forth. Well she slid it off not knowing what would happen and the spring went shooting off into the gravel/grass, and after 20 minutes of looking we gave up.

On the rifle side, we got stuck at the 100 yard benches (I hate that this public spot only has 2 25 yard benches), and since I have a brand new cheapo red dot on it that hasnt ever been zeroed and my eyes are so shit that I wouldnt be able to see holes in the paper that far out anyways(even on the reactive paper), I again couldnt hit shit. Wish the guy and his kid taking up both the shorter range benches would have left, but they were all set up with their .22s for the long haul.

Hopefully next time I get it out I can actually do something productive with it instead of just driving lead into the backstops.

(Bucks County)

Took my new ar9 build to the range today along with my new xd-s 45. After some initial mag issues with the ar9, it functioned pretty well with only one failure to feed that I'm attributing to the magazine. The xds functioned perfectly.

Page 122 of 159 FirstFirst ... 2272112118119120121122123124125126132 ... LastLast