Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 120 of 159 FirstFirst ... 2070110116117118119120121122123124130 ... LastLast
Results 1,191 to 1,200 of 1583
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: Did you go shooting today (Pic thread)

July 4, 2017

Mrs EM and I went to the range today. She finally got to shoot the lightweight (purple) AR that I put together for her. Finally a rifle light enough for her to shoulder and shoot. Mission accomplished!
    I told her I was jealous after I shot a few mags through it - one single-handed (against my shoulder) - it's just so light and has no muzzle rise.
    She told me I could shoot it whenever I want.

I also took my 7.62x39 AR15 to test a new firing pin since the original was not detonating all the rounds.
    This firing pin seems to be the ticket because all rounds fired. The problem now is that I tried adjusting the gas block and I was just guessing since I don't have instructions, and it's all wrong now - rounds aren't extracting. I'll get in touch with Seekins and get the directions and get it adjusted another day - at least the firing pin issue seems to be solved.

And finally I took the newly acquired S&W Shield 9mm to try out. (and the G19 to compare)
    Shoots great! Less filling!
    I put about 100 rds through it today. No malfunctions at this point.
    I like it for the most part. The trigger isn't ideal, but that's the only "negative" I can think of aside from the cheesy safety (which I won't be using anyway) and the mags that only accept 6 rds without a mag loader. (one on order)

I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Clearfield County)

Went out on the 4th to try out that new ammo I got, I hope to do a full thread on it because that is some of the craziest ammo I've ever seen (not in a good way)

Left to right Stallard (pre-hi point hi-point), Remington r51, Hi-point, g19, and a zastava tok. All in 9mm.

^Yeah, we need to hear that story.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Allegheny County)

Went to my secondary range. 8 minutes away.
    A while back, I took my daughters LCP in .380 and the new Shield in 9mm I just got her from Pallmetto and essentially just did a function check of both pistols with the 2 LCP mags and the 3 Shield mags. I had no malfs using either pistol.

Today, I wanted to see how they shot for accuracy. I also ran a G19, a G32 with a .40 bbl and the same G32 with the original .357bbl and an aftermarket Wolff 9mm bbl

The LCP, after running 42 rounds, started to come in to what I think is acceptable grouping. Probably with more rounds, it would improve. (maybe ) The last 8 rounds, I ran 2 4 shot groups. I don't like the sights or trigger (it has a double reset) but the left target was COM and the right target was head. Marginal shooting on my part but acceptable accuracy for the pistol itself.

The Shield has better trigger and sights. I ran 6 rounds of slow controlled shots and it did very well. This was my first but best group. I rotated the pics left but they post 90 degrees right ???

My .40 cal G32 (bbl swap) seems to do me well even now.

The G19 isn't up to par yet. I can't understand this as I shot it very well just a few weks ago in a 3 day class.

.357 Sig and Wolff bbls

10 yds at the range.

Twas a good day at the range.
    Opinions are like anal apertures. They all stink but mine.

(Cumberland County)

Finally got to the range today - been a while ! All ran great - only one jam out of hundreds of rounds. Rossi M971, S&W 669, Honor Guard - loved everything about the Honor Guard ( feel, trigger, balance ) except accuracy was horrible - bummed, Ruger Police Service Six, S&W 19 ( running 38's through it was like shooting a BB gun! ), Taurus PT 917 CS ( took it out a few months ago and had feed issues - pulled apart the mags and stretched out the springs and she ran perfect today ) and Glock 29 - my first 10mm - snappy

"Tastefully Pimptastic"

(Bucks County)

Took a few rifles out today for sighting in and fine tuning. Dad picked up a new stoeger m3000? With rifles barrel. Sighted in, shoots decent enough and recoil didn't kill me. Put a red Dot on my ar to replace the scope. Took a while, but was able to print a decent "group" at 50 yards. Got a feeling that upper or barrel will be coming off and replaced. Next up was my Savage axis in 223. I've been apprehensive about this rifle. Trigger sucked, stock sucked and the magazine is nothing to write home about. But it seems to have finally been dialed in. It's wearing a Boyd's stock, and vortex crossfire 2 6-18x. Dialed in, I was able to print a decent 1" group at 100 put around 10-12 shots within the 1" group. Finally, took the ruger m77 frontier in 308 out. It's sporting a Nikon 2-7 and easily pulled off a decent 1 moa 4 shot group.

Axis group in 223

Ruger 308

(Westmoreland County)

Went to the public range in Dunbar. It's closed. Not posted on their website. Closed Sept 4 thru Sept 18. Possibly due to idiots shooting the wood support posts (maintenance), I don't know.

(Allegheny County)

Shooting?
    Does this count?

video borrowed from Justinhemi

PAFOA/WCMG NFA Group Shoot #2 - September 9th, 2017 (Western Washington County)

(Allegheny County)

or this?

video borrowed from Justinhemi

PAFOA/WCMG NFA Group Shoot #2 - September 9th, 2017 (Western Washington County)

Click here to go to post in the machine gun shoot thread where the photos start.
    Anyone who is not on their death bed should try to get to these shoots next year!

BIG thanks go out to Tredd at Washington County Machine Guns for setting these shoots up FOR PAFOA MEMBERS.
    Well done and a great staff to assist in keeping us smiling and safe!
    You deserve the unsolicited plug!

(Westmoreland County)

I took a lot of guns with me, but only got to shoot a few. Had to go to Laughlintown since the Dunbar range was closed. The Carcano gave me the best groups.

Page 120 of 159 FirstFirst ... 2070110116117118119120121122123124130 ... LastLast