Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 120 of 120 FirstFirst ... 2070110116117118119120
Results 1,191 to 1,198 of 1198

Default Re: Did you go shooting today (Pic thread)

(Lycoming County)

Went with dad today. I was on a 9mm kick today. Took the beretta, tristar, and my firestar. Also tried to zero my dissipator build and it was giving light primer strikes. Gonna have to figure that one out, maybe to light on the hammer spring.

(Bucks County)

Felt that since it was America's birthday, there was no better way to celebrate than to go shooting with my buddy. I recently picked up a Marlin 1895g in 45-70, and outfitted my savage axis with a new vortex scope, so they came along as well as my savage b-mag. For some reason shooting a lever action 45-70 just seemed right today. Anyway, was my first time shooting this caliber. Was an absolute blast to shoot, though my shoulder is a little tender tonight. The new vortex glass isn't too shabby either. Next up, new glass for the b-mag. My cheap 4-12x Simmons just doesn't compare to the vortex or the Leupold I had mounted on my Marlin. The scope will be coming off the Marlin in a few days and will be replaced by a Williams fire peep setup. And now to find some cheapish 45-70 ammo.

(Allegheny County)

July 4, 2017

Mrs EM and I went to the range today. She finally got to shoot the lightweight (purple) AR that I put together for her. Finally a rifle light enough for her to shoulder and shoot. Mission accomplished!
    I told her I was jealous after I shot a few mags through it - one single-handed (against my shoulder) - it's just so light and has no muzzle rise.
    She told me I could shoot it whenever I want.

I also took my 7.62x39 AR15 to test a new firing pin since the original was not detonating all the rounds.
    This firing pin seems to be the ticket because all rounds fired. The problem now is that I tried adjusting the gas block and I was just guessing since I don't have instructions, and it's all wrong now - rounds aren't extracting. I'll get in touch with Seekins and get the directions and get it adjusted another day - at least the firing pin issue seems to be solved.

And finally I took the newly acquired S&W Shield 9mm to try out. (and the G19 to compare)
    Shoots great! Less filling!
    I put about 100 rds through it today. No malfunctions at this point.
    I like it for the most part. The trigger isn't ideal, but that's the only "negative" I can think of aside from the cheesy safety (which I won't be using anyway) and the mags that only accept 6 rds without a mag loader. (one on order)

See you at the NEXT PAFOA GROUP SHOOT Saturday August 19(link)
    GUNS & BACON & GUNS & BACON & BACON & BACON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Lancaster County)

Went out on the 4th to try out that new ammo I got, I hope to do a full thread on it because that is some of the craziest ammo I've ever seen (not in a good way)

Left to right Stallard (pre-hi point hi-point), Remington r51, Hi-point, g19, and a zastava tok. All in 9mm.
    AMERICA'S PUSSY = GRABBED

^Yeah, we need to hear that story.
    BUILD THE WALL!

(Allegheny County)

Went to my secondary range. 8 minutes away.
    A while back, I took my daughters LCP in .380 and the new Shield in 9mm I just got her from Pallmetto and essentially just did a function check of both pistols with the 2 LCP mags and the 3 Shield mags. I had no malfs using either pistol.

Today, I wanted to see how they shot for accuracy. I also ran a G19, a G32 with a .40 bbl and the same G32 with the original .357bbl and an aftermarket Wolff 9mm bbl

The LCP, after running 42 rounds, started to come in to what I think is acceptable grouping. Probably with more rounds, it would improve. (maybe ) The last 8 rounds, I ran 2 4 shot groups. I don't like the sights or trigger (it has a double reset) but the left target was COM and the right target was head. Marginal shooting on my part but acceptable accuracy for the pistol itself.

The Shield has better trigger and sights. I ran 6 rounds of slow controlled shots and it did very well. This was my first but best group. I rotated the pics left but they post 90 degrees right ???

My .40 cal G32 (bbl swap) seems to do me well even now.

The G19 isn't up to par yet. I can't understand this as I shot it very well just a few weks ago in a 3 day class.

.357 Sig and Wolff bbls

10 yds at the range.

Twas a good day at the range.
    Opinions are like anal apertures. Everyone has one. They all stink but mine.

(Cumberland County)

Finally got to the range today - been a while ! All ran great - only one jam out of hundreds of rounds. Rossi M971, S&W 669, Honor Guard - loved everything about the Honor Guard ( feel, trigger, balance ) except accuracy was horrible - bummed, Ruger Police Service Six, S&W 19 ( running 38's through it was like shooting a BB gun! ), Taurus PT 917 CS ( took it out a few months ago and had feed issues - pulled apart the mags and stretched out the springs and she ran perfect today ) and Glock 29 - my first 10mm - snappy

"Tastefully Pimptastic"

Page 120 of 120 FirstFirst ... 2070110116117118119120