Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Bucks County)

Cool Hi..New Forum Member

Hey all.....

I have been lurking around and trying to find a legit forum that not only services it's members but knows the facts about the laws .

I am a VV as you guessed and an ex-Marine.
    I am disabled though live a full life.
    Having made a good living as a musician after VN I am now able to enjoy my rights to carry and feel safe in a State that honors our right as American to carry and own firearms.
    It's terrible when the police are overwhelmed by laws, and gangs, and organized crime and it seems that the "SCUM" has more right than there victims do.
    Especially in a place like NYC all they did with that law was ensure that the only people carrying were thugs, and now made US those who did not commit the crimes...criminalls by only wanting to be able to walk the streets where we lived without fear of being held up or mugged or just beat up for the hell of it.

Having moved here from NYC over 25 years ago it is nice to be able to carry concealed and purchase without a mandatory 1 year term in State Pen.
    Having lived there when crime was rampant you had to take a chance and protect yourself.
    The one year mandatory jail term was NO deterrant to DEATH so though the law still stands most people take the chance n carry something small like a....25 or.22.
    Now being able to put my 9MM in my jacket and let the surprise be on the other foot makes one feel more comfy.
    Walking with a limp n cane and a car with handi cap plates is no longer a GREEN LIGHT to those who would normally see me as a target.

Still though getting my wife to carry is not a problem but her HESITANCE TO USE it scares me.
    I sent her to training, I did not think the way the USMC taught me was a good way to teach her. Though she did excellent and with my .357 it is her INABILITY to even say that she would use it scares me to the point that I no longer have her carrying for fear it will end up being taken and used against her.
    I now have her carrying a High Volt Stun Gun...still my concern of her using it vs use without hesitation worries me.

So part of my reason joining here is in hopes of finding a club in BUCKS CTY that she can meet other people in the same situation.Maybe find another woman who thinks as she does but is able to understand rather be alive n safe than live in fear or be a victim.

Though as a kid I hunted, once seeing and being a part of combat in
    SE Asia seeing what these guns really do changed me from killing animals for sport.
    I prefer to enjoy our local wildlife and find it sickening that so many so called MEN let out there frustrations on squirrels, rabbits, coyotes,turkey, deer etc.
    I do NOT have a problem with legit hunter who EAT WHAT THEY KILL....but my days of shooting n killing for the hell of it ended after leaving NAMN.
    Though I have no problem with defending myself and my family.

So if any of you guys are in the same situation with your wives please leave a reply or contact me and let me know how you made out.
    What did you do to get your wife to carry but carry with NO HESITATION???.

Also if anyone is aware of a local club in Bucks Cty please let me know how to contact someone n join.

Thanks.... Have a good one and I look forward to meeting the rest of ya as we meet her on the forum.

Peace,
    J
    Last edited by VVAMARINE; January 29th, 2012 at 07:59 PM.

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Hi..New Forum Member

Welcome to the mad house

(Bucks County)

Welcome to the forum.

The best indoor range in Bucks Couty is Classic Pistol in Southampton. They have a great woman instructor and the also have women only classes.

http://classicpistol.com/

The outdoor ranges are Langhorne Rod and Gun Club (which I am a member) and Falls Township Rifle and Pistol Assoc. Both are very nice but have waiting lists. Both have nights open to the public so you can see if you like them.

http://www.langhornerodandgunclub.com/

http://www.ftrpa.com/

"The more people I meet, the more I like my dog."

(Bucks County)

Thanks guys,
    Theo is that range the old PISTOL PEOPLE in SOUTH HAMPTON????

If so that is where she went for classes before, they do have a great range as welll or did last time I was there.

Thanks for the Link to the Langhorne Rod, Gun Club, that was where I was hoping to join. I was told by a friend who is not a member that if your a VET you have a shot at membership if ya have good refrences.

I would like to join, be nice to have our own place to pracice n gather.
    I've heard it's a nice club.

Guess I'll get the scoop on it and see how one goes about attending meeting if they allow potential members.

Thank you kindly and hope to meet up with ya at a Langhorne Rod n Gun Club.

James

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by VVAMARINE View Post
    Theo is that range the old PISTOL PEOPLE in SOUTH HAMPTON????
    No, Pistol People is on State Road in Bensalem.

LR&GC General meetings are the first Thursday of the month. A good thing to go to is open trap on Thursday nights. A good way to see the club and meet some members.

My schedule is crazy the next few weeks, but once I get through that, if you haven't been to the club, I would be happy to take you as a guest. There are some other members on this forum, so if you want to go before that, ask around.

"The more people I meet, the more I like my dog."

(Berks County)

Welcome to the forum!

Semper Fi!

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak View Post
    Welcome to the forum!

Semper Fi!
    Theo .

I am recovering from a heart procedure so there is NO RUSH and I sincerly appreciate your offer and will gladly take ya up on it when time is good for both of us.
    THANKS KINDLY

KODIAK ...SEMPER FI AND THANKS....

When was your time in the CORPS???,
    I see a few ribbons n stuff in that pic but can;t tell.
    No matter where you served and if even only stateside YOU"RE STILL A MARINE and part of something a lot of guys could never endure.
    Thanks for your time n welcome home if you were in country.

I recently got ahold of a military USMC Major's.45 with white Pearly grips same as issued back in 71...needs some cleaning but will be a special piece when it is done.
    Thanks alll for the kind welome and Theo....I apreciate your offer and will be here when time permits.

Pistol People is where I usually go and I got a new Taurus Stainless Steel 9 MM I have yet to test the sites on ....
    Might end up there one day this week depending on how I feel.
    Chest is a bit tight with this damn pacemaker...but it is nice to have a heart rate over 45 and feel some blood coursing through my veins again !!!

It's amazing what we survived only to battle Old Age and pay back for stuff we ate 40 years ago !!!!
    Oh well just another situation to make the best of....Nice to meet you guys.

J
    peace
    Last edited by VVAMARINE; January 31st, 2012 at 01:31 AM.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by VVAMARINE View Post
    KODIAK ...SEMPER FI AND THANKS....

When was your time in the CORPS???,
    I see a few ribbons n stuff in that pic but can;t tell.
    No matter where you served and if even only stateside YOU"RE STILL A MARINE and part of something a lot of guys could never endure.
    Thanks for your time n welcome home if you were in country.
    Yeah the photo isnt that large...Ive tried to mess around with it.

You should check out Militarysignatures.com if you want a banner...you can add ribbons, ranks, devices etc....even unit patches.

I got out in '99 after 5 years out on the west coast....spent a good portion in the middle east on floats (airwinger)...

Thanks for your services as well boss and welcome to the forum!

Vince

(Bucks County)

Welcome to the forum, I too am a member of the Langhorne Rod & Gun Club & I am also home recovering from surgery,not heart but a had a knee replacement. Looks like we're from the same area as well. I would be glad to take you as a guest to LRGC once we have both recovered from our surgeries.
    Jesus is Lord !