Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: Fixing an unlawful transfer... how?

I know what I'd do with it. It would go to gun heaven.
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

I've never had a problem with the PASP-ROS as a dealer with reselling guns that either weren't in the ROS , in another previous owners name , but not the persons involved. Remember , they say it's NOT a registry and they freely admit it's incomplete and backed-up , or screwed up.

pspconfis.jpg

As a retail dealer doing gun shows, it was not uncommon to buy/trade with other dealers. When a dealer buys or takes a gun in trade , there is no report to the PASP/ROS until it's resold. No flags pop up unless it's stolen , and that might happen 2-3yrs down the road. As long as it's in my book with a record of who I got it from.

Dealer A buys a pistol from Pete in Pittsburgh. Dealer A trades it to Dealer B at Oaks (both logging it in/out of their books) , and sells it to Paul. Pistol is still in the ROS in Pete's name until the new ROS is entered. No flags pop up.

Joe sells a gun to Jack without a PSP-ROS transfer , and Jack subsequently sells it to John , both doing a required PICS/ROS transfer , no flags pop up.

Add dealers from other states into the mix , and it could get confusing real quick.

The only time I ever had a problem with in the case of stolen guns , and prohibited persons. But since I kept good books , I had no problems.
    Last edited by abner13; April 5th, 2019 at 06:23 PM.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Mifflin County)

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    My input in such a situation - wait until at least 13 years has transpired since the transfer. Then go to a FFL and transfer it to yourself. Until then, keep the gun locked up in a safe, never take it anywhere.

While it doesn't fix the problem, it kinda lessens it - the firearm is still contraband. The problem is permanent sans some sort of state grandfathering or immunity in some future law.
    I cant believe no one reamed you About a 5 yr old thread ............They reamed me Lesson learned ,Look at post dates

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by 57springer View Post
    I cant believe no one reamed you About a 5 yr old thread ............They reamed me Lesson learned ,Look at post dates
    I swing Mjölner as a ban hammer, thats why.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Mifflin County)

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    I swing Mjölner as a ban hammer, thats why.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by SevenMilePete View Post
    Common law marriage was abolished in 2005 in PA. However.....it is recognized if the relationship began before Jan. 2, 2005.
    Wasn't it a State Representative that lost half his assets and pension that then killed off common law marriage ?

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by abner13 View Post
    I've never had a problem with the PASP-ROS as a dealer with reselling guns that either weren't in the ROS , in another previous owners name , but not the persons involved. Remember , they say it's NOT a registry and they freely admit it's incomplete and backed-up , or screwed up.

pspconfis.jpg

As a retail dealer doing gun shows, it was not uncommon to buy/trade with other dealers. When a dealer buys or takes a gun in trade , there is no report to the PASP/ROS until it's resold. No flags pop up unless it's stolen , and that might happen 2-3yrs down the road. As long as it's in my book with a record of who I got it from.

Dealer A buys a pistol from Pete in Pittsburgh. Dealer A trades it to Dealer B at Oaks (both logging it in/out of their books) , and sells it to Paul. Pistol is still in the ROS in Pete's name until the new ROS is entered. No flags pop up.

Joe sells a gun to Jack without a PSP-ROS transfer , and Jack subsequently sells it to John , both doing a required PICS/ROS transfer , no flags pop up.

Add dealers from other states into the mix , and it could get confusing real quick.

The only time I ever had a problem with in the case of stolen guns , and prohibited persons. But since I kept good books , I had no problems.
    So, when Jack sells the gun to John and it gets transferred to John, the gun doesn't show up in Joe's name (due to it not having been transferred as required)? It just shows being transferred from Jack to John?

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Holland25 View Post
    I am new here but I have a question. My wife and I are going through a divorce. My wife took my revolvers without me knowing and against my permission. She can not sell them and certainly doesn't want them but wants to ransom them back to me for money. I have all the receipts and paperwork. I have made police reports but the Bucks County township the guns are currently being kept in says I need to got to court to get them back. Police officers have told me if I have the receipts the judge will have her return them to me. Any advise on this?
    My first suggestion would be to start a new thread. This one is 7 years old.
    You are a straight white man. You don't get to be the victim, sweetie.

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by unclejumbo View Post
    Simple. You may not buy a handgun for your friend Joe and give it to him on his birthday. You may buy a handgun and give it to your wife on her birthday. It prevents a buyer from running afoul of transfer laws.

Actually, you can buy a handgun for your friend Joe, and give it to him on his birthday, provided the handgun is a bonafide gift and Joe is not prohibited, and state transfer laws pertaining to handguns are followed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567