Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: 1911 22

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
    (Cumberland County)
    Posts
    5,161
    Rep Power
    18424223

    Default 1911 22

    I know there has been talk before about 1911 style 22's, but I am getting ready to purchase one, and was looking to see if anyone had personal experience or thoughts on the 3 I'm considering :
    1. Sig blued or od
    2. Colt / Umarex w/rail
    3. ATI GSG w/rail and fake can

    Out the door prices are $ 384 for Sig, $ 386 for Colt and $ 349 for GSG.
    I keep going back the the Sig and Colt relating the name to quality, but I do like the look of the GSG and it is German Made so I'm thinking it has to be fairly decent as well. I have heard some say the finish on the GSG shows wear very quicky ? If anyone owns one, please let me know how happy you are!
    Thanks!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    State College, Pennsylvania
    (Centre County)
    Age
    66
    Posts
    4,967
    Rep Power
    19608773

    Default Re: 1911 22

    I don't own one (GSG) but I'm getting ready to do a transfer of one that a client bought. From handling it and looking it over pretty closely, it looks like a pretty well made gun. The fit and finish looks good, the safeties work just like they are designers to and the feel in the hand is just like any .45. It cycles nice and smooth and the magazine drops clear with no effort. My client got it on GB for $330, NIB.
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Dillsburg Area, Pennsylvania
    (York County)
    Posts
    2,328
    Rep Power
    5244386

    Default Re: 1911 22

    The Sig and the GSG are the same gun, different names on them.

    The Colt is a different animal all together.

    Get the Sig or GSG and you will be happy.

    EDR
    Don't believe a word I say and you'll never be disappointed.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
    (Cumberland County)
    Posts
    5,161
    Rep Power
    18424223

    Default Re: 1911 22

    Quote Originally Posted by edritchey View Post
    The Sig and the GSG are the same gun, different names on them.

    The Colt is a different animal all together.

    Get the Sig or GSG and you will be happy.

    EDR
    Thanks, I remember hearing that about the Sig and GSG before, but then someone came on and said many think that they are the same, but are not ?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
    (Cumberland County)
    Posts
    5,161
    Rep Power
    18424223

    Default Re: 1911 22

    Quote Originally Posted by Xringshooter View Post
    I don't own one (GSG) but I'm getting ready to do a transfer of one that a client bought. From handling it and looking it over pretty closely, it looks like a pretty well made gun. The fit and finish looks good, the safeties work just like they are designers to and the feel in the hand is just like any .45. It cycles nice and smooth and the magazine drops clear with no effort. My client got it on GB for $330, NIB.
    Yeah, I've seen the GSG cheaper than $349, but that's what my local gunshop is getting for them, so I was going to send the business his way if I decide on that one. I'm usually not an OD finish guy, but the Sig does look nice in it with the US grips - every day I switch the one I like best !!!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Boalsburg, Pennsylvania
    (Centre County)
    Posts
    4,510
    Rep Power
    3044257

    Default Re: 1911 22

    My local gunshop says GSG works(which is most important), but they told me its royal PITA to fiels strip. Guess it comes apart completely different
    Audemus jura nostra defendere

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Mountaintop, Pennsylvania
    (Luzerne County)
    Posts
    210
    Rep Power
    339823

    Default Re: 1911 22

    Quote Originally Posted by Mity2 View Post
    My local gunshop says GSG works(which is most important), but they told me its royal PITA to fiels strip. Guess it comes apart completely different
    Not hard at all to strip, just a little different. The GSG uses an additional pin and screw that have to come out before you can remove the barrel and slide, I do mine a little diferently as I remove the barrel and slide as a unit so I don't have to mess with the supressor adapter. You want pain try a ruger.

    PS: Fake cans are for strippers.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 30
    Last Post: August 29th, 2010, 04:49 PM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: January 19th, 2010, 11:12 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Local gun shops | Local shooting ranges | Philadelphia Shooting Ranges | Philadelphia Gun Shops | Pittsburgh Shooting Ranges | Pittsburgh Gun Shops