Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    (Berks County)

Default Re: hi-point? what do you think?

Crossman makes an airsoft holster which your local walmart will have as mentioned above for $7.

Also, I have a Fobus Evolution paddle style holster for the HP 40 or 45 that I no longer need if anyone is interested. I never had any trouble with my 45 and actually just traded it for a brand used 995ts with two mags and I love that just as much.

IMHO you made a wise first choice. I thought the full sized 45 wouldnt be too big to CC but I was wrong so I switch to a smaller compact and got my carbine without losing any money in the deal.

(Clearfield County)

The crossman holster is crude, but does the job. I also found that an Uncle Mikes slip-on grip does wonders for the gun. It makes it much more comfortable and eliminates the slippery feel of the plastic.

I believe the cause of about 99% of the jamming problems with HiPoints is related to the magazines. I had to carefully adjust the feedlips on every magazine I've bought for my HiPoints. Once properly set, they never jam... never. And, I use my own reloads - with many different headstamps - almost exclusively.
    The importance of the magazines became clear to me last summer when I met up with a guy at a local range with a HiPoint C9 he'd had for awhile. He was having problems with jams about one per magazine (usually the first or second round).
    I asked to fire the gun with my magazines and emptied 3 of them with no jams. I let him try four of my empty magazines to fill with his ammo and he was able to fire every round with zero jams. I explained how I deburred and adjusted the feedlip dimensions on my HiPoint magazines. It was obvious that the gun itself wasn't the problem.
    I must say that tweaking new magazines really SHOULDN'T be necessary. There is a definite QC issue here. But, they can be fixed and made basically 100% reliable with about 5 to 10 minutes worth of effort.
    Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what will be for dinner.

(Lackawanna County)

my opinion: skip the .380ACp; it's too expensive, hard to find, and for half the price, you can buy 9mm. the HiPoints aren't much different in size between the .380 and 9mm versions, and shooting 9mm is cheaper, and, well, more comforting.

I have heard about Magazine problems.. I have both the eight and 10 round mag's for my C9.. never had a problem. In fact my C9 hasn't jammed once and I have oveer 250 rounds through it. and quite a few rapid fire sessions.

(Allegheny County)

Hm. this thread tempts me. Local fun store has a c9 on the shelves for $100, and I am seriously considering picking it up just for the heck of it.

i mean, $100, how can you go wrong
    Sec. 21. The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.

Sec. 25. To guard against transgressions of the high powers which we have delegated, we declare that everything in this article is excepted out of the general powers of government and shall forever remain inviolate.

i have herd all the stories from those that dont have a hi point. they are jealous i didnt spent $600 for it. it is as accurate as my colt .45 was.
    i have a .40 pictol and .40 carbine. it is easy to get a holster.
    if it jams call hi point and they will tell you the 20 second fix,
    YES a 20 second fix. if anyone says they arent accurate - i dare them to
    stand 40 yard from me while i shoot at them. yes they feel big but then so does a glock. a mikes #5 holster fits my .40. any holster that fits a
    large frame 5 in barrel will fit your hi-point. $13.00.

I agree.. I have the High C-9.. Love it.. its heavy and ugly but accurate and I have over 1000 rounds through it (mixed ammo) without a single jam

I own a high point 40cal, and 9mm and i love them! i have about 15 handguns and out of them all my 40cal is my favorite! i went to the gun range and was getting dirty looks from police officers one of them said why don't i buy a better gun than high point.....but when we brought our targets up i was the best shooter out of the bunch! the same officer said that was luck and wanted a rematch......i beat him again! i hope high point start making more caliphers because i want more! p.s. that officer bought one!

(Warren County)

I own the .45 acp. I've only put 2 boxes of Blazer Brass through it but it was flawless. I mostly carry it in the tool box of the tractor when cutting firewood so for me it was cheap and functional. I've owned a CZ75 9mm and a walther pp70 .380 in my hand they were equally accurate.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234