Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Dauphin County)

Default Re: Palmyra Sportsman's Membership Info?

Do you haft to buy their ammo at Palmyra sportsmans culb? I know in some places you do and then the price on ammo is kinda high.

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by Lobo41 View Post
    Do you haft to buy their ammo at Palmyra sportsmans culb? I know in some places you do and then the price on ammo is kinda high.

Nope. Naturally they have no armor piercing or tracer stuff. Oh and no 50bmg at all.
    "Remember the first rule of gunfighting ... have a gun." Jeff Cooper

(Dauphin County)

The following video provides a good deal of information regarding PSA:

http://youtu.be/A3LZQWZpGlk?hd=1

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by wheeling365 View Post
    I've been at both Palmyra and the Middletown ranges. Both very nice places. I can't say if Middletown has an indoor range but Palmyra does and it allows 24hr access. However if you like to shoot in the evenings after work I highly suggest you check the range schedule ahead of time. They run indoor practices many nights from 6 to 9 on both the pistol and 22 ranges. A friend and I found this out the hard way. They do a good job publishing the schedules but we/I didn't think to look.
    I was a member of Palmyra for 2years, and I MUST say it was the best club I have ever been to. Palmyra keeps every part of the range in tip top shape and 98% of the members are great people who would do anything for anyone. Very clean ranges and comfortable atmosphere. archery, pistol, shotgun, rifle, you name it AMAZING. i used to go shoot inside almost every friday or saturday from 11pm-3am and then I'd shoot Trap on Sunday. They provide targets for free and replace the outdoor backboards regularly. I gladly drove 30minutes to shoot at that range many times a week and loved being apart of the community there.

I lived in Middletown, it was the first range I ever went to. and its very dissapointing. My Father has a Lifetime senior membership, my brother and his father are both members, and i always refused to join. Last time I was there, their archery setup was so rundown it didn't exist and the 200yrd range hadn't been maintained in years. they use conveyor belts as backboards which usually dont have enough material left on them to even hang a target. You must supply your own targets. Middletown's primary concern seems to be their clubhouse bar, where they make most of their money. I have been at the range shooting before and had a piss drunk man stumbing and stomping down from the clubhouse just to yell at us for making noise when sighting in our hunting rifles. In my opinion a Bar has no place at a gun range.

Harrisburg Hunters & Anglers is a relatively nice range as well, and if you're into shooting clays, they even have a Wildcat Trap which is a BLAST.
    Last edited by hekel32spl; June 19th, 2012 at 04:59 AM. Reason: spelling

(York County)

its a good range

it only sucks when somebody else is there, because half the time nobody seems to be there

last time it was there i thought i saw a SVD, but it was just a PSL. the guy said he got it as a trade for car work.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12