Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default pulled over again, good job lower merion pd

so yea i have this sickness called led foot that keeps causing me run in's with the lawman...

so i was pulled over for doing something beyond 25mph in a 25mph zone, cops!

anyway as i usually keep my gun in the passenger seat in the open when the officer hit the lights i tossed my jacket over but ahh haaa, i forgot their was a holster in the backseat...

so the officer looks in the backseat and looks back at me and says

officer: are you armed
    me: yes
    officer: let me see your license?
    me: sure, hand it to him.
    officer: where is the gun?
    me: in the passenger seat under my jacket.
    officer: ok, tells partner to hang back to make sure i'm not going for the gun.

comes back w/ a warning and says slow down...

and yes he told me i was being audio & video recorded but lil did he know he was being audio recorded as well...

all in all, good job lower merion pd...

best part is the gun was never touched, asked about, or mentioned after the "are you armed & where's the gun"...

i wonder if we could get lower merion pd to train philly pd?
    Last edited by 350CI; January 27th, 2012 at 01:18 AM.

Default Re: pulled over again, good job lower merion pd

Nice!

CL

(Bucks County)

Wow they didnt take your gun and run the numbers? I think i read your post wrong sorry..

Slow down it saves lives

Empty holster in the backseat for whatever reason, OK

But whats up with the gun on the passenger seat while driving? You ever see what happens to loose objects in a vehicle during an accident? At least put it in the glovebox or the center console if you find it uncomfortable to drive with.

Silly practice in my opinion.
    and to the dust you shall return

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by brownman View Post

But whats up with the gun on the passenger seat while driving? You ever see what happens to loose objects in a vehicle during an accident? At least put it in the glovebox or the center console if you find it uncomfortable to drive with.

That's what I thought. Why not carry it in it's normal place or secured in some other easily accessible location?

Quote Originally Posted by brownman View Post

i actually forgot it was back their... and the reason i keep it in the passenger seat is because when seconds count i need it right their...

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by 350CI View Post
    i actually forgot it was back their... and the reason i keep it in the passenger seat is because when seconds count i need it right their...
    Also a lot more safer ways to secure a firearm in the car then throwing it on your passenger seat...

wouldnt want to meet the maker by your own demise would you?

Why not train to draw from holster in the car, I know i did and do for "when I might need it"

(Delaware County)

Lower Merion , per capita, is one of the wealthiest areas of the country. As a result they are one of the most by the book PD's around, in order to avoid lawsuits. Years ago I lived and worked in the Ardmore area and was told as much by a couple different cops. They make it a point to be up to date on the real law, not the made up one that some departments go by.

I'll echo the bad idea of a loose firearm on the passenger seat. Fasten the passenger seat belt, take that holster from the back seat and clip it to the seat belt, put your gun in the holster. Take the holster and jam it between the passenger seat and console, if you have one, do something beside laying it loose on the seat.

Not just because of a possible accident. You said it yourself, you have a lead foot, bet you hit the brakes pretty hard when someone jumps out in front of you not realizing how fast you're going, you hit the brakes gun hits the floor, or worse, you hit the brakes see the gun heading for the floor and out of instinct you try to "catch" the gun and lose control of the car. I could go on, I hope you get the picture.

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by soberbyker View Post
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=teal]
    I'll echo the bad idea of a loose firearm on the passenger seat. Fasten the passenger seat belt, take that holster from the back seat and clip it to the seat belt, put your gun in the holster. Take the holster and jam it between the passenger seat and console, if you have one, do something beside laying it loose on the seat.

Not just because of a possible accident. You said it yourself, you have a lead foot, bet you hit the brakes pretty hard when someone jumps out in front of you not realizing how fast you're going, you hit the brakes gun hits the floor, or worse, you hit the brakes see the gun heading for the floor and out of instinct you try to "catch" the gun and lose control of the car. I could go on, I hope you get the picture.

^^^^^^ I agree,good advice.
    Μολὼν λαβέ
    Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

Exactly how these should go !!! SB has hit the nail on the head. Safety first!!

But Hey,Ever think about a shoulder holster? They're really comfortable if your driving for extended periods
    I highly recommend them no matter what the rest of the armchair commando tacticool operators have to say about them.

The access is relatively innocuous, while seated, a light jacket under your coat hides the weapon when out in public if OC is not your style.
    Last edited by bigandy1966; January 27th, 2012 at 08:34 AM.
    Derrion Albert was my Hero.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast