Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: pulled over again, good job lower merion pd

Quote Originally Posted by soberbyker View Post
    Lower Merion , per capita, is one of the wealthiest areas of the country. As a result they are one of the most by the book PD's around, in order to avoid lawsuits. Years ago I lived and worked in the Ardmore area and was told as much by a couple different cops. They make it a point to be up to date on the real law, not the made up one that some departments go by.

I'll echo the bad idea of a loose firearm on the passenger seat. Fasten the passenger seat belt, take that holster from the back seat and clip it to the seat belt, put your gun in the holster. Take the holster and jam it between the passenger seat and console, if you have one, do something beside laying it loose on the seat.

Not just because of a possible accident. You said it yourself, you have a lead foot, bet you hit the brakes pretty hard when someone jumps out in front of you not realizing how fast you're going, you hit the brakes gun hits the floor, or worse, you hit the brakes see the gun heading for the floor and out of instinct you try to "catch" the gun and lose control of the car. I could go on, I hope you get the picture.

i actually just pictured that in my head... yea i'll just start keeping it in the center console sole...

and i haven't found a comfortable shoulder holster that i liked...

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by 350CI View Post
    i actually just pictured that in my head... yea i'll just start keeping it in the center console sole...

and i haven't found a comfortable shoulder holster that i liked...
    Here's an option for you, $27.95

http://www.nrastore.com/nrastore/Pro...7&p=SA%2022672

Whether you're truck driving or joy riding, you can now keep you and your passengers even safer on the road. You’ll be grateful for the simplistic design and easy access to your firearm. The NRA Car Seat Sentry, an ingenious car holster, is made of black cordura ballistic nylon. It includes an adjustable thumb break with three wall construction. Its ambidextrous design attaches easily on either side of the seat by sliding one end of the fastener through the seat and connecting on the other side. The Car Seat Sentry fits medium to large frame handguns and features the NRA letters. Made for seats that have clearance from front to back. Imported.
    Please help my Baby Kitties and I avoid being homeless.

(Montgomery County)

The anti cop guys will hate this post! I guess all cops aren't out there to harass you and violate you.

Some pointers, I invested in a V6 F150, I can hardly speed anymore, even though I suffer from that horrible disease you have. Why can't get get a bumper sticker or something?

Gun in the console, or glovebox is okay.....but on you is the best place. If you need to get out of your vehicle for any reason, you can't forget it. I do it for the best tactical advantage for me, and then trained for it. I would often carry in a shoulder rig, or an ankle rig for easy access without if killing my hip too.

Thanks for sharing a positive police experience!

i want the f150 saleen so bad....

(Butler County)

Good job.

I recently spoke with one of the local officers - work affiliation, and he stated he would draw his weapon, call for back up, have his partner draw, ask me to step out of the vehicle, proceed to disarm me, clear my weapon, and then proceed with the traffic stop.

I just smiled. Wasn't worth getting into an argument. I am going to check with some other the other guys I know in surrounding municipalities and see what their answers are.
    H&K USP Compact 9mm//SA XD-9//SA XDs 45//S&W 442

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by 350CI View Post
    i want the f150 saleen so bad....
    see, your going the wrong way! LOL

(Carbon County)

lower merion cops have always had their act together, hell if you lived on the other side of city line ave and they saw you walking down their street, they would put you in the back seat of the patrol car and drop you back on the other side of city line.

(Delaware County)

Excellent. Glad you didn't get cited!

You answered his questions as to whether or not you were armed and where your firearm was - perfectly fine. Before anyone busts your balls for it, it's your decision to do that and if you feel like you should, that's perfectly fine. I don't think there's anything wrong with being honest if you feel comfortable with doing so, and honestly, the two times I have been pulled over while carrying, I have not been asked about firearms (even though I was OC once), so I have no frame of reference.

Anyway, good job! And stow that weapon - unless you can belt it in, it doesn't belong on the passenger seat, as others have said.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12