Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: My new 92A1

(Montgomery County)

Default My new 92A1

You might remember the thread I started a week or two ago when I joined the site to introduce myself and solicit advice on getting a 9mm.

I just thought I'd say thanks again and check back in to show you all what I got. I can't wait to go to the range. Neither can my brother-in-law though I told him it would be $5 per trigger pull since I have to pay for it somehow .

Also, I didn't know if it was generally not good to show your serial number in a picture (for security reasons?) so I blurred it out. Does it matter?

Last edited by carrguy1; January 27th, 2012 at 11:36 PM.

Default Re: My new 92A1

That is a giid looking gun out of all my Berettas only the PX4 has a rail I wish one of my 92/96s had a rail my airsoft version has a rail. The 92 is a pull size pistil a light hang off it makes it look hot. It's already a long pistol might as well add lights and lasers. The 92A1 is a good idea long time coming.

Lets see some range targets and find the ammo it likes best! It will shoot anything from the +p+ to the standard 115 fmj. Thats why its one of my favorite 9s.

(Montgomery County)

Sorry to anyone who came to take a look and didn't see any pictures. I've fixed the links and they should be displaying now.

Quote Originally Posted by Neko456 View Post
    ...Lets see some range targets and find the ammo it likes best! It will shoot anything from the +p+ to the standard 115 fmj. Thats why its one of my favorite 9s.
    I'm planning on taking it to the range for the first time this weekend. I'll definitely let you know how I did. For now I'll just be shooting cheap 115 gr. target stuff. I'm planning on reloading for it eventually but that'll be another chunk of change to get the dies, caliber conversion kit, and quick change assembly for my dad's Dillon RL-550 so for now its cheap target stuff.

(Lancaster County)

Great pick up. You will find the Beretta 92/M9 to be a rock solid platform. Once you are familiar with it you will also find them to be extremely accurate. I personally have no problem showing my serial numbers. Many people blur them out, many people dont. Always do what you are comfortable with. If you havent been there yet check out berettaforum.net for all the info on your pistol you will ever need.

Beautiful Pistol. Best of Luck with it!

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Great choice! I have one too, and I love it - shoots great, looks great, feels great in my hand, super reliable. The only downside is nearly non-existent holster selection.

Good luck with it!

(Lawrence County)

I have a taurus pt92 almost identical, cant find a good holster for nothing for it, but if the taurus shoots like the beretta, they are nice guns.
    I't ain't braggin if you can do it !

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Neko456 View Post
    ...Lets see some range targets and find the ammo it likes best! It will shoot anything from the +p+ to the standard 115 fmj. Thats why its one of my favorite 9s.
    I told you I'd check back in once I had gone to shoot and to also show you my targets. Overall I'd say not too bad for this being only the second time I've shot an auto, the first time for this gun, and only the second time I've shot anything other than a shotgun in the last 16 years. It's like riding a bike.

I wrote what I was shooting on the different targets as I brought the 92A1 as well as a .357 S&W Highway Patrolman (I can't find a model # on it but google tells me it should be 28-2) and a .22LR H&R model 999. I was using old (like 15 years old) handloaded .38 special 158 gr. SWCs in the S&W, standard .22LR's in the H&R, and Remington UMC 115 gr FMJ and JHP. You have to love how clean of a hole the SWCs put in the paper. Makes me wonder why 9mm "target" ammo is almost always RN.

All targets were from around 10 yards. The .22 target wasn't bad. I would say by far the .357 was my best, nothing outside of the "8" ring. The 92A1 targets are a little all over the place because I was having some stove piping and failure to load issues with the 92A1 (extremely dissapointing for my first brand new gun and first auto) I started this thread to discuss that so as not complicate this one.