Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: STOLEN PISTOLS

(Philadelphia County)

Default STOLEN PISTOLS

Attention: Wednesday (1-25-2012) my house in northeast philadelphia was broken into, they took my Glock 23 gen 3, and taurus 605 2" .357 mag, as well as 2 desantis cozy partner holsters, and a galco tuck n go holster, and get this they also took my freakin cleaning kit!!! there was another house robbed last week, I was out of state (a place with no reciprocity laws with PA) and now i have no carry weapon. I AM SOOOOOO PISSED!!!! neighbors said they have seen suspicious activity in the area including a couple of hispanic decent video taping the neighborhood, driving 2 different cars on different days, a work type van, and an older white buick or lincoln. all i have to say is if i were home i would have defended my "castle" and rid the world of a few more low lifes!!! sorry just needed to vent...everything has been reported to police, anyone have advice? or info on these low lifes?

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: STOLEN PISTOLS

Did you have them in a safe?

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCityK9Cop View Post
    Did you have them in a safe?
    Doesn't sound like it...

Sorry to hear about your situation, but your guns/ammo are an investment and you must protect your investment, sorry you had to learn the hard way...

Ive always wondered what happens in these situations, I doubt you will see your guns again..

Is this something you can claim on your homeowners?

(Philadelphia County)

Nope no safe, It was a last minute decision to go on this business trip and i was only worried to leave them at home (since i carry everywhere) and i wasnt too concerned with the location since the rest of my family was home. but im going to be forking out the money to create a firearms fortress. and yes it is covered under homeowners, i would feel like crap if my guns were used for crime, especially if it were my own family walking in on the crooks or if it were used against Law enforcement. all i hope is that the crooks shoot themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by CNTRYBOY30-06 View Post
    Nope no safe, It was a last minute decision to go on this business trip and i was only worried to leave them at home (since i carry everywhere) and i wasnt too concerned with the location since the rest of my family was home. but im going to be forking out the money to create a firearms fortress. and yes it is covered under homeowners, i would feel like crap if my guns were used for crime, especially if it were my own family walking in on the crooks or if it were used against Law enforcement. all i hope is that the crooks shoot themselves.
    Sorry to hear you are going through this....all the best my friend.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by CNTRYBOY30-06 View Post
    i would feel like crap if my guns were used for crime, especially if it were my own family walking in on the crooks or if it were used against Law enforcement. all i hope is that the crooks shoot themselves.
    Most likely they will be….. like one of the previous posters mentioned take it as a learning experience. Over the last 17 years we have taken reports for hundreds of stolen guns. Most were taken in residential burglaries where the firearms were not housed in a safe. A fair number were vacation burglaries like yours.

The trend we see now are addicts who are breaking in and grabbing your goods to trade for pills or heroin. The dealers wage their wars with them, sometimes get arrested with them…so they do on occasion turn up and find their way home.

Last night a 1911 that was reported stolen to us in a 2005 burglary turned up in the Northview Heights Housing Projects in Zone 1. Plainclothes officers spotted the gangster with it on the sidewalk near some young kids. When he saw the officers he tried to stuff it in the back of a 12 year olds pants before it fell on the ground and he ran. One stolen gun recovered and one gangster arrested.

Your gun’s stories, if you get them back, will be almost identical.
    Last edited by Deleted; January 26th, 2012 at 03:33 AM.

(Philadelphia County)

Where about do you live? There have been a bunch of robberies around Temple campus. My girlfriends house was broken into over break, they caught one of the guys who did it. Turned out there are squatters in the house next to hers.

A lot of bad things have been happening around here recently...
    There was a string of break-ins that occurred not too long ago on the same night within like 3 hours of each other. They caught a group of guys that beat a guy to death in Center City a few weeks ago. I think they're still looking for the kids that beat the Veteran to death?

The more shit that keeps happening around here, the more and more my friends admit they're glad I carry when we go out. I guess it takes events like these to occur for some people to wake up.

Sucks to hear about your guns getting lifted. Luckily insurance will take care of replacing them, although how long would that take? That means at least that much time that you won't be carrying.

(Allegheny County)

When he saw the officers he tried to stuff it in the back of a 12 year olds pants before it fell on the ground and he ran. One stolen gun recovered and one gangster arrested.
    Will the gun be returned to the rightful owner or will it be sent to a blast furance to allow the antigun crowd to trumpet a triumph?

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by NRA Recruiter View Post
    Will the gun be returned to the rightful owner or will it be sent to a blast furance to allow the antigun crowd to trumpet a triumph?

I don't speak for the City PD so I do not know their policies. I recovered a stolen Harington & Richardson revolver a few years ago that was stolen from Bird In Hand, Pa. almost 20 years prior. The owner was in his 80's. Don't have any idea how it got out here. Once he mailed back back some property reciepts to us we shipped it to a FFL by his house. We are such nice guys at my place.

I don't speak for the City PD so I do not know their policies. I recovered a stolen Harington & Richardson revolver a few years ago that was stolen from Bird In Hand, Pa. almost 20 years prior. The owner was in his 80's. Don't have any idea how it got out here. Once he mailed back back some property reciepts to us we shipped it to a FFL by his house. We are such nice guys at my place.
    How were you able to notify the owner. I assume with a legal sale, the transfer is archived with the State Police?

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast