Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default Re: philadelphia national guard armory

Quote Originally Posted by Spamchicken View Post
    What really kills gun shows are the non-gun tables. I think it's an absolute waste of time and money for the "junk"-sellers to be there because I literally skip every non-gun and non-milsurp related table. I almost feel bad for them, then again they must make a profit or people must buy their stuff 'else they wouldn't be there! One thing that's the same for every show is the price of admission.

Not to be a jerk, but what these shows ought to do is bring all of the gun tables (and knife tables, I guess, since the armory is advertised as a "gun AND knife" show) to the front and leave everything else at the back. Maybe if someone sees the majority of patrons completely skipping the "back of the show", someone might get the hint (not likely).
    The problem is if you do something like that and drive off all of the beef jerky type tables, you now have to increase the cost per table for those who do show up. The higher table prices will then start to drive off the gun dealers themselves.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by douglee25 View Post
    Where do you shoot in Langhorne?

Doug

doug we shot at the langhorne gun club, once a month they have a practical rifle match and i attended that

(Cumberland County)

Cool Re: philadelphia national guard armory

just a quick note for those that want more firearm dealers at the shows. drop some hints to the promoters to get together and try to get along with each other. scheduling shows against each other on the same weekends breaks up the dealer base. this causes the the dealers to pick a promoter they will use for most of their shows. hell there is 52 weeks in a year you would think it could be worked out for everybody,s benefit.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by shrewd View Post
    doug we shot at the langhorne gun club, once a month they have a practical rifle match and i attended that
    How is that place? I inquired there about a year ago about membership, but I haven't ever stopped by yet. Is it fully outdoors? Do you shoot anywhere else? I typically go to Classic in Southampton, but I want to start checking some other places out. I heard Read Aim Fire just reopened their brand new lanes a couple weeks ago in Bristol.

Doug

Just got back from the show, I'm never going again. Should have learned the first time
    Those vendors must be insane! They are charging on average at least 1-200.00 more than the local gun shops. I guess they are making money off people too ignorant to know any better. I saw one table trying to sell a CAI AK for 700.00!! Who do they think they're fooling? Classic and Surplus City have them for less than 400.

(Franklin County)

This show was terrible. I emailed the company and let them know with the following email

"I haven’t gone to the Phili Armory show in a couple of years and went this past Saturday Jan 28,2012. It was disappointing to say the least There was knife vendors, craft and jewelry vendors, books and literature vendors, a tool vendor, nazi memorabilia (NOT Recommended) and mostly junk If the shows are not going to be filled with Firearm vendors, selling firearms, then there will be no point in going. This was a flea market with mixed firearm sales.
    This is how shows and venues start to die. There were people outside the show when I was leaving, telling others coming in how bad this show was.

Just wanted to give feedback before this show is allowed to die."

I got the following response from AppPromotions@aol.com "Good then don't come back 10000 other people were very happy"

I am not the only one whom was disappointed. I am just letting others know that this is how this company feels about it's customers. I think all should follow the advice Don't go, they do not value you...

(Bucks County)

Boy you told them! lol

Doug

I went to the show this morning, holy god damn was it crowded. I'm talking Valley Forge "isles wide enough to fit only half of a person and the line 'aint moving" crowded; people must have either never heard of this show or they don't read the reviews for it. Parking was MORE HILARIOUS than usual, holy shit.

BUT...

Sorry folks, I have to say it, this armory show wasn't as disappointing as it usually is. The guy selling the nagant pistols was there (he was at the allentown show) so I snagged one. I Got more sks clips than I would ever need. I almost bought a hex 91/30, but the importer's "electro-pencil" mark was in a terrible place (directly on the hex-receiver, yuck) and was a paragraph long. There were mausers all over the place, just not the ones I was looking for, and the one german k98 I saw the markings were in pretty rough shape, which was a shame.

The AK prices, as always, are the "comedy relief" of any gun show. I saw 3 wasr10 underfolders, two of which the mag shook so bad I had to laugh and wonder why the vendor would even bother to sell them (they weren't being sold anytime soon. The ONE good one was very, VERY solid, but for the price I might as well wait and get a yugo or something better. It was sold by the end of the show anyway, so I hope it works out for the buyer.

(Philadelphia County)

I have to agree, I've gone to the last few shows but this one was terrible. The prices were bad and there were hardly any firearm tables. The smell of beef jerky and gun oil will draw me out anytime but I will refuse the Armory's siren call next time.

Quote Originally Posted by scorned View Post
    This show was terrible. I emailed the company and let them know with the following email

"I haven’t gone to the Phili Armory show in a couple of years and went this past Saturday Jan 28,2012. It was disappointing to say the least There was knife vendors, craft and jewelry vendors, books and literature vendors, a tool vendor, nazi memorabilia (NOT Recommended) and mostly junk If the shows are not going to be filled with Firearm vendors, selling firearms, then there will be no point in going. This was a flea market with mixed firearm sales.
    This is how shows and venues start to die. There were people outside the show when I was leaving, telling others coming in how bad this show was.

Just wanted to give feedback before this show is allowed to die."

I got the following response from AppPromotions@aol.com "Good then don't come back 10000 other people were very happy"

I am not the only one whom was disappointed. I am just letting others know that this is how this company feels about it's customers. I think all should follow the advice Don't go, they do not value you...

Well you wouldn't expect the promoter to agree with you that the show sucked would you? I agree this show has sucked for a long time and I will never go there again. I once emailed him and got the same derogatory response! Let's just say that the promoter is clueless!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast