Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Larry Vickers Level 1 Pistol

Vickers Tactical 2-Day Level-1 Handgun Class - July 7-8, 2012 - Pittsburgh, PA

www.vickerstactical.com

Larry Vickers is a decorated US Army Special Forces veteran and national pistol champion. Mr. Vickers has nearly two decades of special operations experience (1 SFOD-Delta), much of which was spent as his unit’s Primary Firearms Instructor. In addition to his special operations accomplishments, his competitive shooting has yielded a 10th and 9th place finish in the 1993 and 1994 USPSA Limited Nationals as well as a 1st place finish in CDP class at the 2001 IDPA Mid-Winter Nationals at Smith & Wesson. Mr. Vickers is a founding member of IDPA. In addition to being a highly experienced operator and national pistol champion, Mr. Vickers is also one of the premier 1911 pistolsmiths in the country and his work has been featured in several firearms publications and on the cover of American Handgunner. In addition to all this, Mr. Vickers has served as a consultant and technical expert to the firearms industry. Mr. Vickers is featured on two new firearms, tactics, and accessories focused T.V. shows called Tactical Impact and Tactical Arms.

Vickers Tactical 2-Day Level-1 Handgun Class - July 7-8, 2012 - Pittsburgh, PA

This class is an entry level course for handgun shooters and is designed specifically for those who have not had any formal instruction or those who wish a refresher class. Topics covered include the following: safety, stance, grip, sight alignment and trigger control. Familiarization with their service pistol includes field stripping and maintenance. In addition to this, other topics that are covered include reloads, draw, and introduction to different skill drills including dry fire and bullseye shooting.

Instructor: Larry Vickers

Class dates: July 7-8, 2012

Cost: $475

Weapon & Gear Class Requirements:

- Eye and Ear Protection (electronic hearing protection is preferred)
    - Serviceable handgun of at least 9mm Para caliber
    - Serviceable holster (Blackhawk Serpa Holsters Not allowed)
    - Minimum one double magazine pouch / Ability to carry minimum of two magazines
    - Minimum of three serviceable magazines (5 is better)
    - 1000 rounds of ammunition
    - Suitable range wear depending on the season
    - Good attitude

(Chester County)

Default Re: Larry Vickers Level 1 Pistol

Good to see the LAV in the Keystone state again.

LAV should be on anyone's list who wants to learn what the fundamentals of marksmanship are about... I wouldn't be where I'm at with my skills if I hadn't taken the opportunity to train with him like I have.

Highly recommended!

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by synergy View Post
    Good to see the LAV in the Keystone state again.

LAV should be on anyone's list who wants to learn what the fundamentals of marksmanship are about... I wouldn't be where I'm at with my skills if I hadn't taken the opportunity to train with him like I have.

Highly recommended!
    I run some of the practice drills I learned from him in nearly every range session. Wish I would have picked them up sooner.

(Allegheny County)

Anyone else on here going to this class ? I'm signed up and really excited to learn from the legend Larry Vickers

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn.L View Post
    I run some of the practice drills I learned from him in nearly every range session. Wish I would have picked them up sooner.
    Allow me once again to register my abysmal envy at you west-side types for the embarrassment of training riches you have at your edge of the state.

I'm actually going as far as NH this summer for a 3-day class of his.

(Chester County)

What's the Vickers 3-day Pistol class in York this fall?

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Billythekid View Post
    Anyone else on here going to this class ? I'm signed up and really excited to learn from the legend Larry Vickers
    Going to be a great class dude. Glad your signed up.

Quote Originally Posted by dgg9 View Post
    Allow me once again to register my abysmal envy at you west-side types for the embarrassment of training riches you have at your edge of the state.

I'm actually going as far as NH this summer for a 3-day class of his.
    Ha Ha !!

You guys have Northern Red out at Palmyra now . I drove out there just recently for some Carbine.

Seriously though, you should head over here. Is Pittsburgh really that much further than NH ?

Quote Originally Posted by JonEMTP View Post
    What's the Vickers 3-day Pistol class in York this fall?

Its my understanding that is a LE/Mil class. Meaning only open to Law Enforcement and Military.

(Philadelphia County)

i speak for my philly brethren i think when i join dccg and say damn you!!!

i'm excited about northern red in palmyra but they dont have an event there for some time that isnt advanced.

one of these days i'm gonna have to make the trip west and take a 2 or 3 day big one

(Bucks County)

You guys have Northern Red out at Palmyra now . I drove out there just recently for some Carbine.
    It's on my radar. But at that, it's not clear it's a same-day commute from Center City. If I have to get a hotel, the location loses a little luster....not too much, though.

Seriously though, you should head over here. Is Pittsburgh really that much further than NH ?
    I have a college friend in NH -- when I visit there or he visits me, we can do training classes because the respective host has sufficient spare guns, ammo, mags, etc....plus socializing even on "working visits" in between class days. Thus I don't have to fly with guns, or spend PTO I don't have driving to/from Pittsburgh.

Of course, he has about 10x as many classes there, and they're only 45 min from his house. Slim pickings here in Philly, for the most part. I'll probably visit him again this year for Hackathorn.

See neshooters.com for the unbelievable selection of trainers they bring in to a local range. Yet it's heartening, because at one time that was just a Fudd range...two guys turned it around and now it's a training Mecca to rival anywhere.
    Last edited by dgg9; March 11th, 2012 at 08:27 PM.

(Chester County)

Its my understanding that is a LE/Mil class. Meaning only open to Law Enforcement and Military.
    Ahh.

I went back and looked again. Must have missed that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast